Travel

[Merged] Vegas Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2023 9:20 am
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18945 posts
10527 upvotes
buffylover wrote: Looking for penn and teller tickets for Aug 2nd night. also, FYI, right now there are groupons for by 1 get 1 free buffets at paris and rio.
Here is 40% off mezzanine / balcony seating:
http://www.bestofvegas.com/Shows-Ticket ... nd-Teller/
You may find that Tix4Tonight has these tickets as well, I know I have seen it come up on their screens (as it is one I am a little interested in seeing). So I am not sure if you want to wait for a bigger discount (potentially) through them or not.
Dec 13, 2010
341 posts
153 upvotes
For those willing to take advantage of the Sunwing Vacation package promo, checkout the excellent YYZ-LAS flights below:

Outbound:

Sun, Aug 31  depart 3:00 PM, arrive 4:55 PM
Toronto (YYZ) to Las Vegas (LAS)
Sunwing Airlines 053 Economy

Inbound:

Thu, Sep 04  depart 10:50 AM, arrive 6:00 PM
Las Vegas (LAS) to Toronto (YYZ)
Sunwing Airlines 052 Economy
Dec 13, 2010
341 posts
153 upvotes
southbeach82 wrote: I booked the vegas trip yesterday and now I am looking to shows/dinner/attraction tickets. I saw this deal for cirque du soleil tickets on their website (http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/destin ... /home.aspx) is this a good deal? How is the view of the show from the back or upper level?
This is deal that's been ongoing for most shows since this spring. It's a good deal but some cheaper shows are not really worth it (Believe), are average (Zarkana), disappointing (KA) or still too expensive (O).You can check out the seating views from the show website. Also depending on your budget, interests and tastes you should check out Las Vegas Local Deals section on Groupon and Travelzoo to save lots of $$$.
Dec 13, 2010
341 posts
153 upvotes
webworm wrote: If you fly out of Detroit with Delta I found nonstop flights for $287 rt inc taxes.

Detroit (DTW) to Las Vegas (LAS) - Sun, Aug 31
Delta Air Lines Inc. Delta Air Lines Inc. 1917 Dep: 7:55PM Arr: 9:09PM 4h 14m Boeing 757 Economy (V)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) $130.00
Total cost for 1 passenger $130.00

Las Vegas (LAS) to Detroit (DTW) - Thu, Sep 4
Delta Air Lines Inc. Delta Air Lines Inc. 916 Dep: 7:30AM Arr: 2:28PM 3h 58m Boeing 757 Economy (T)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) $157.00
Total cost for 1 passenger $157.00
These are terrible flights as they reduce your 4 night stay to only 3 days in Vegas and lets not even talk about having to drive to/from Detroit as well as gas and airport parking fees.
Dec 13, 2010
341 posts
153 upvotes
southbeach82 wrote: Thank you for all of your advice! It seems like I will be trying to book nonstop flight for at least the way home. Even though flying out of Detroit saves quite a bit of money I think it will be too tiring for us to do so. I am aware that all these hotels have resort fees, have anyone had any experience with getting them waived? (I've read in some reviews where people got them waived during check in)

It seems like I am down to MGM Signatures or Vdara but I just found a deal for Venetian for $700. I feel pretty torn between these hotels .... and oh it's my first time to Vegas
The only way to get the resort fees waived is either to book a package with WestJet Vacations in a CET property as they have a grand-fathered clause in their contract or stay at a resort with no resort fees like Elara. Resort fees have become mandatory in all major hotels on the Strip since the last year. Check out this link for more info http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2014/ ... 2014+Guide
Dec 6, 2005
422 posts
83 upvotes
TrevorK wrote: Judging by your gambling wins on your last trip, your time is better spent gambling. MyVegas is more for people who just do it in the backround (my thoughts) when they are doing other things and just using the auto-spin feature.
Mine is running in the background while reading this thread. :D
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18945 posts
10527 upvotes
chedo009 wrote: The only way to get the resort fees waived is either to book a package with WestJet Vacations in a CET property as they have a grand-fathered clause in their contract or stay at a resort with no resort fees like Elara. Resort fees have become mandatory in all major hotels on the Strip since the last year. Check out this link for more info http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2014/ ... 2014+Guide
If you book through Treasure Islands "TV Ad Special" resort fees are optional:
http://www.treasureisland.com/special-o ... ad-special

Just thought I would throw it out there in case it's not commonly known.
Dec 3, 2013
433 posts
127 upvotes
chedo009 wrote: The only way to get the resort fees waived is either to book a package with WestJet Vacations in a CET property as they have a grand-fathered clause in their contract or stay at a resort with no resort fees like Elara. Resort fees have become mandatory in all major hotels on the Strip since the last year. Check out this link for more info http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2014/ ... 2014+Guide
There are a number of ways to get around the resort fees. For a long time now if you book hotel thru the British Airways site (don't need to book with flight) they have a number of Vegas properties on there at good prices and no resort fee. You can also get a similar deal thru lmtclub; we just completed stays last month at Paris and PH, better price than booking direct with promo codes, no resort fee at either. Problem with the lmtclub offers is they are not listed with the booking info on the site, you need to call in if you want to confirm it. PH also came with a $25 dining credit which was also not mentioned in the booking details.
Jan 7, 2010
499 posts
24 upvotes
Brampton
Would this work for booking mgm with westjet on labour day wkend. As I'm a looking to book any day now, for either an air canada package for grand 2 queen room. or with west jet for grand tower 2 queen room. (not sure on the difference between these 2 rooms)
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
Jaytee wrote: I've done the Paris Le Village BOGO buffet. With the BOGO its good value, but most of the food is very bland. The Rio buffet is much better and bigger, but its off the strip so getting there is a pain. There is a free shuttle from one fo the strip hotels, I forget which.
The best value is probably the BOGO with myVEGAS at Aria. I'd say it's a tier above the Rio/Paris buffets.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6461 posts
213 upvotes
Folks, just wondering if anyone bought the open bar High Roller package (Happy Hour) and what drinks (if any were included)?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6461 posts
213 upvotes
Jaytee wrote: I've done the Paris Le Village BOGO buffet. With the BOGO its good value, but most of the food is very bland. The Rio buffet is much better and bigger, but its off the strip so getting there is a pain. There is a free shuttle from one fo the strip hotels, I forget which.
There are no more Paris buffet BOGO, and the Rio is 46% off via Groupon. The thing to remember about these two Caesars buffets is that it may take a while to get in because Caesars offers buffet packages and lineups are usually long.
Jul 17, 2013
337 posts
79 upvotes
Looking for cirque du soleil tickets for the 27-30. Deciding between Zarkana or Love. Is the cirque website the cheapest place to buy them? Or are they cheaper elsewhere?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18945 posts
10527 upvotes
slklee wrote: Looking for cirque du soleil tickets for the 27-30. Deciding between Zarkana or Love. Is the cirque website the cheapest place to buy them? Or are they cheaper elsewhere?
I have seen both those shows at Tix4Tonight, so if you faced with paying full price now or waiting, I would personally wait. The worst case scenario is that it is sold out of shows every night you are there, but not sure how likely that is.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
Eldorado wrote: Surprised no one is talking about the 2014 Royal Offer

http://www.mgmresorts.com/RoyalOffer2014/

Exact same as last year, stay 2 nights and get the credit as shown.. did it last year, hopped hotels mid stay to double up on credit
This offer is exclusively for Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society Members.
How strict are they on this now?
Jul 17, 2013
337 posts
79 upvotes
TrevorK wrote: I have seen both those shows at Tix4Tonight, so if you faced with paying full price now or waiting, I would personally wait. The worst case scenario is that it is sold out of shows every night you are there, but not sure how likely that is.
Thanks!
How much are tickets usually at tix4tonight?
They're on sale right now on the cirque du soleil website. Cheapest tickets/worst seats are $55-60 plus about $11 processing charge, bringing it to about $70 per person.
Dec 25, 2010
982 posts
359 upvotes
Vancouver
Whats the best way to get a deal at Cosmopolitan? I checked SmaterVegas and Las Vegas Advisor but no codes.

Looking to stay at Cosmo on Thur/Fri/Sat Aug 14-17 or Aug 21-24.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
1226 wrote: How strict are they on this now?
I would also like to know this. What can the resort credits be used for as well?
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
squadz wrote: I would also like to know this. What can the resort credits be used for as well?
Would be nice if you could use them against "resort" fees.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)