Page 1 of 2

Shrine Circus Ticket BOGO Free!!! (Some Ontario Cities)

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2010 1:06 pm
by roblombardi
If you're headed to the Shrine Circus on the GTA you'll want to take advantage of this offer: Buy One regular priced ticket at $20.00 and Get One FREE ticket!!!!

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/Shrine-Circu ... ist/804299

Just use code POPCORN to access this offer.

The circus is running:
June 25-27 at East York Town Centre, East York
July 01-04 at Sheridan Centre, Mississauga
July 09-11 at Woodbine Shopping Centre, Rexdale
July 16-18 at Shoppers World, Brampton

Take into account that there might be some convenience charges that will be added to each ticket.

Re: Shrine Circus Ticket BOGO Free!!! (Some Ontario Cities)

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2010 1:17 pm
by sprung
FYI - this circus still uses animals. Some provinces, and cities, are no longer allowing this type of 'entertainment' so hurry up and get tickets if you're interested 'cause it may not be around in this form for much longer.

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2010 1:34 pm
by roblombardi
As usual, sad and angry comments are the first replies here on RFD.

I saw the circus last year and it was a good afternoon I had with my family.

It might not be a Cirque du Soleil production, but it's a really good and not so expensive show, for the whole family.

sprung wrote: FYI - this circus still uses animals. Some provinces, and cities, are no longer allowing this type of 'entertainment' so hurry up and get tickets if you're interested 'cause it may not be around in this form for much longer.

Posted: Jun 23rd, 2010 10:50 am
by cyrene
Thanks OP!

I didn't find sprung's post "sad and angry" at all. His post didn't pass any judgement; it stated facts and he actually said "get tickets"...

roblombardi wrote: As usual, sad and angry comments are the first replies here on RFD.

I saw the circus last year and it was a good afternoon I had with my family.

It might not be a Cirque du Soleil production, but it's a really good and not so expensive show, for the whole family.

Posted: Jun 23rd, 2010 12:35 pm
by COCAPOO
I went last year and the show is very good but it is very hot and humid inside the tent. They let children to ride an elephant before the show start. It should be a great experience.

Posted: Jun 23rd, 2010 2:44 pm
by Keigotw
No seating Chart on ticketmaster for this show, Anyone have info on it?

here is a list of cities and when they will be

Barrie - June 12-13
Belleville - July 13
Brampton - July 15-18
Brockville - August 11
Cambridge - June 18-20
Cornwall - August 24
East York - June 25-27
Hamilton - July 20
Kingston - August 4
Kitchener/Waterloo - June 22
London - June 23
Mississauga - July 1-4
Newmarket - June 16
Niagara Falls - July 12
North Bay - June 10
North York - July 29-August 2
Oshawa - July 22
Ottawa - August 6-8
Owen Sound - June 15
Petawawa - August 10
Peterborough - July 14
Rexdale - July 9-11
Sarnia - July 6
Vaughan - July 23-25
Windsor - July 7
Woodstock - June 21

Posted: Jun 24th, 2010 8:10 am
by roblombardi
There's no reserved seating, so you basically buy the ticket, and try to be there early to get good seats.

Thanks for the list!... although the flyer I saw only showed the four I mentioned as the ones on which you could apply the coupon to.
Keigotw wrote: No seating Chart on ticketmaster for this show, Anyone have info on it?

here is a list of cities and when they will be

Barrie - June 12-13
Belleville - July 13
Brampton - July 15-18
Brockville - August 11
Cambridge - June 18-20
Cornwall - August 24
East York - June 25-27
Hamilton - July 20
Kingston - August 4
Kitchener/Waterloo - June 22
London - June 23
Mississauga - July 1-4
Newmarket - June 16
Niagara Falls - July 12
North Bay - June 10
North York - July 29-August 2
Oshawa - July 22
Ottawa - August 6-8
Owen Sound - June 15
Petawawa - August 10
Peterborough - July 14
Rexdale - July 9-11
Sarnia - July 6
Vaughan - July 23-25
Windsor - July 7
Woodstock - June 21

Posted: Jun 24th, 2010 8:12 am
by roblombardi
Yeah, maybe I was too hard on sprung... sorry

But lately I have seen people that no matter what the deal is, they complain about something

I was expecting somebody to quote my post, and say "it's not really a freebie because you have to buy one in order to get the other one", LOL
cyrene wrote: Thanks OP!

I didn't find sprung's post "sad and angry" at all. His post didn't pass any judgement; it stated facts and he actually said "get tickets"...

Posted: Jun 24th, 2010 11:01 am
by james3210
Has anyone seen this performance before ?
I read some mixed reviews. Most complain about a lack of Animals.
Apparently there are only a few dogs, 6 horses and 2 elephants the entire show. Any one have any experience with the show ?

Posted: Jun 24th, 2010 11:28 am
by COCAPOO
yes, tha't all the animal. You only paid $10 for each person. What do you expect? Trust me. It is well worth it. Very exciting.

Posted: Jun 24th, 2010 11:38 am
by james3210
Thank you. I dont know what to expect, I havent seen a circus in over 20yrs.
Like you said, $10 each is decent, Sounds exciting. I may just check this one out !!
Cheers !

Posted: Jun 25th, 2010 8:23 am
by roblombardi
Trust me, you can't go wrong on this one, you'll have a lot of fun... the only thing I remember is that the "souvenir" shop was just selling generic dollarama style toys (obviously charging between $5-$10 each), and nothing was marked with the name of the circus. If you have kids, just take some light wands, and stuffed animal you bought previously at the dollar store, and your kids (and you) will be happy.

james3210 wrote: Thank you. I dont know what to expect, I havent seen a circus in over 20yrs.
Like you said, $10 each is decent, Sounds exciting. I may just check this one out !!
Cheers !

Not a Freebie??

Posted: Jun 25th, 2010 10:51 am
by MADster123
I thought BOGO is not a freebie... it's a "hot deal"... wrong forum?

Get 2 Tickets for only $20 total...with a printable coupon instead of TicketMaster

Posted: Jun 26th, 2010 4:27 pm
by Scorpionsy
I went today to the East York Town Centre 12pm show with my wife. We had a blast.

Also, one of the clowns picked my wife to join him in his comedy sketch..it was funny.

There are some really good acrobatic skills by a bunch of cute asian girls in the show. It had a dog / frisbee segment, about 3-4 clown acts, 3-4 asian girls acrobatics acts, 1 act with a Chinese guy balancing vases on his head, an elephant act with 2 elephants, An hanging-drape-style acrobatic act, and a really good hammster-wheel-like contraption high-flying acrobatic act by one of the Circus's producers/acrobat.

Show started at 12pm but they let people get it at 11:30 am and we got great front row seats. The circus was full but not packed. They will have another show at 4PM (already probable started) and another at 7pm tonight.

The kids could ride the 2 Elephants before the show and during the intermission. Clowns were hanging around joking with the audience and kids..taking photos etc.

It was a good old fashioned Circus act. The best part is I paid only $20 total for 2 Tickets!

Thanks to OP for the posting but I didn't use the online code for the free ticket because Ticket master will rip you off with a service fee and the tickets are for $24 each...so total will be $26.50 or around that figure when you complete your order at TicketMaster.

Here is the better way to do it...and this is what I did.

Go to this link: http://www.shrine-circus.com/2for1.html and select which show you want to attend and give them your email address (you can use a temporary one if you want to). Then they send you a link instantly at that Email address and you click it to print a Buy On Get One Free coupon. Print and take that flyer to the Circus's Box Office and all you will pay is $20 in total for the 2 tickets.

The funny thing is that when I went to the Box Office, this Skalper came right up to me and offered each Ticket for $15 instead of $20..but he didn't know I had the BOGO Free coupon. Anyway, the lady at the Box Office called him with the Microphone and told him to get off the premesis or she would call the cops and get him arrested. He left and a few minutes later was around the corner of the Centre ..out of sight skalping the tickets again. LOL :lol:

Now I don't mind him selling tickets to people (without such a BOGO free coupon) for cheaper ...BUT he was stupid to DO IT right in front of the Box Office ..and brought negative attention to himself!

Anyway, it was an enjoyable experience for such a good price!

Posted: Jun 27th, 2010 3:54 am
by fboybcb
Scorpionsy wrote: I went today to the East York Town Centre 12pm show with my wife. We had a blast.

Also, one of the clowns picked my wife to join him in his comedy sketch..it was funny.

There are some really good acrobatic skills by a bunch of cute asian girls in the show. It had a dog / frisbee segment, about 3-4 clown acts, 3-4 asian girls acrobatics acts, 1 act with a Chinese guy balancing vases on his head, an elephant act with 2 elephants, An hanging-drape-style acrobatic act, and a really good hammster-wheel-like contraption high-flying acrobatic act by one of the Circus's producers/acrobat.

Show started at 12pm but they let people get it at 11:30 am and we got great front row seats. The circus was full but not packed. They will have another show at 4PM (already probable started) and another at 7pm tonight.

The kids could ride the 2 Elephants before the show and during the intermission. Clowns were hanging around joking with the audience and kids..taking photos etc.

It was a good old fashioned Circus act. The best part is I paid only $20 total for 2 Tickets!

Thanks to OP for the posting but I didn't use the online code for the free ticket because Ticket master will rip you off with a service fee and the tickets are for $24 each...so total will be $26.50 or around that figure when you complete your order at TicketMaster.

Here is the better way to do it...and this is what I did.

Go to this link: http://www.shrine-circus.com/2for1.html and select which show you want to attend and give them your email address (you can use a temporary one if you want to). Then they send you a link instantly at that Email address and you click it to print a Buy On Get One Free coupon. Print and take that flyer to the Circus's Box Office and all you will pay is $20 in total for the 2 tickets.

The funny thing is that when I went to the Box Office, this Skalper came right up to me and offered each Ticket for $15 instead of $20..but he didn't know I had the BOGO Free coupon. Anyway, the lady at the Box Office called him with the Microphone and told him to get off the premesis or she would call the cops and get him arrested. He left and a few minutes later was around the corner of the Centre ..out of sight skalping the tickets again. LOL :lol:

Now I don't mind him selling tickets to people (without such a BOGO free coupon) for cheaper ...BUT he was stupid to DO IT right in front of the Box Office ..and brought negative attention to himself!

Anyway, it was an enjoyable experience for such a good price!

Thanks for the heads up! Just printed the coupon out but if I were to go to the box office on the same day I am planning to go watch, what if the seats are sold out? Or did you buy it in advance?

Posted: Jun 27th, 2010 11:00 pm
by Scorpionsy
fboybcb wrote: Thanks for the heads up! Just printed the coupon out but if I were to go to the box office on the same day I am planning to go watch, what if the seats are sold out? Or did you buy it in advance?
No..I didn't buy the tickets in Advance. I just went there about 1 hour before the show and bought the tickets at the box office.

You will 99.9% probably find tickets because there were plenty of seats ..i mean lots..left when we watched the show.

Good luck and enjoy!

Posted: Jun 28th, 2010 12:34 pm
by nsx
Moved from "Freebies" to "Hot Deals".

Posted: Jun 28th, 2010 1:06 pm
by superwell
hey guys, do children need to pay for a ticket also...more like infants....my daughter is 14 months and will be held for the whole show anyway and won't require a seat..persay....just wondering if I use the 2for1 for the wife and I and then still need to purchase a ticket for my daughter?

Thanks

Posted: Jun 28th, 2010 7:05 pm
by Scorpionsy
superwell wrote: hey guys, do children need to pay for a ticket also...more like infants....my daughter is 14 months and will be held for the whole show anyway and won't require a seat..persay....just wondering if I use the 2for1 for the wife and I and then still need to purchase a ticket for my daughter?

Thanks
No problemo! Here you go..quoted from Shrine Circus:

"— Children under 2 are free —"

So you do not need to buy your Daughter a ticket. :)

Enjoy the show!

Posted: Jun 28th, 2010 10:01 pm
by superwell
Scorpionsy wrote: No problemo! Here you go..quoted from Shrine Circus:

"— Children under 2 are free —"

So you do not need to buy your Daughter a ticket. :)

Enjoy the show!
Thank you!! Where did you find that..I looked every where for that information :confused:

Anyway thanks for the information!!