• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2014 2:40 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 21, 2011
3 posts
1 upvote

Shutters: Wood versus Polysatin (PVC) material

I'm going to be the proud new owner of a classic Canadian-style home in Saint-Bruno, Quebec. Having come from three condos, this is certainly a step up and I am eager to put my personal touch on this property to add legitimate value to it.

I have 10-12 windows I'm looking into installing classic plantation / California style shutters. I adore the rustic charm of wood, but worry about the maintenance and costs compared to PVC. I am receiving a sales rep from VertiStore (kind of like a BlindstoGo) next Saturday to measure all of my windows and submit an estimate. Several of my windows are 7.5' by 4.5' large.

The product I am looking at currently is Shade-O-Matic's Seaview Polysatin Shutters with tilt-bars namely for the pricing point and how the product boasts durability, fade-resistant, yellow-resistant and a 25 year warranty which I am sure is a load of crap.

Does anybody have any personal experience with this product which I hear is a sister company to Hunter Douglas? Thanks for your input.