Parenting & Family

side by side double stroller - anybody have?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 2:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1685 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga

side by side double stroller - anybody have?

I'm looking for a side by side double stroller.

I already have a britax b -ready but the kids don't like being top and bottom - as one of them can't see anything.

now i'm on the hunt for a double!

does anybody have recommendations? warnings?

does anybody have one laying around that they want to offload?
13 replies
Dec 25, 2010
269 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if you have something specific in mind, but I use a Thule bike trailer as a stroller for my two boys. It has side-by-side seating.

It's super easy to push, handles well and has no issues with snow in the winter. It's a little big so we don't take it on transit and avoid bringing it in smaller stores. If we have to leave it outside we lock it to a bike ring. Folds up nicely at daycare and it fits easily in our vehicle.

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5047-369/ ... ll-Trailer
Sep 3, 2013
735 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
If you’re able to pick something up from the states, look up the Zoe double stroller. Very good reviews and on sale right now. May return within 1 year (US of course).
Oct 22, 2006
235 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Test drive the bugaboo donkey. Amazing side by side stroller.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1685 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
D_J_M wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 8:15 pm
Not sure if you have something specific in mind, but I use a Thule bike trailer as a stroller for my two boys. It has side-by-side seating.

It's super easy to push, handles well and has no issues with snow in the winter. It's a little big so we don't take it on transit and avoid bringing it in smaller stores. If we have to leave it outside we lock it to a bike ring. Folds up nicely at daycare and it fits easily in our vehicle.

i thought about this, because i was also looking for a bike trailer...but then realized this is bigger than most doorways...whereas a double stroller is about 29.5" wide
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8096 posts
705 upvotes
Good luck navigating a side by side unless you're outdoors in uncrowded spaces!

We have a b-ready and it's hard to navigate in stores. As a result we generally do not use a stroller.

We also have a double chariot but we use that exclusively for biking/running.

If we are going to be out and about in the city, I just wear one kid in a carrier and make the other walk.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
1236 posts
635 upvotes
Montreal
pardnme wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 3:31 pm
I already have a britax b -ready but the kids don't like being top and bottom - as one of them can't see anything.
If you're going to use the stroller indoors, my recommendation is to get a stadium seating double stroller which will solve the issue by letting both kids see.

Easier to navigate in stores than a side by side stroller.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1685 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
yes we have the britax b-ready...but i find the bottom seat very awkward for any of the kids to sit in...

which is why i started considering the side by side...

our primary locations are the major grocery stores, walmart and the mall...which i think all of them are sufficient to navigate through on nonbusy days
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
1236 posts
635 upvotes
Montreal
pardnme wrote:
Jun 29th, 2018 8:37 am
yes we have the britax b-ready...but i find the bottom seat very awkward for any of the kids to sit in...
By stadium seating I meant something like the uppababy Vista or the babbyjogher City select.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
4952 posts
859 upvotes
Peterborough
We had a bumbleride indy twin.

Liked it. Still fit through a standard door.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13647 posts
1260 upvotes
Had this conversation so many times and frankly it's starting to piss me off.

Uppababy makes the only prams worth strolling. Anyone who says otherwise, come at me.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1685 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
D_J_M wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 8:15 pm

so i purchased this...and i'm keeping my britax for now....

going to see how this works out for now...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)