Boxing Day 2013 Deals Archive

SIG Electronics - Boxing Day Door Crasher 40" LED TV $10

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2014 12:32 pm
Jan 29, 2013
27 posts
1 upvote
Vaughan
I commend the people with enough determination to camp outside for that long. Somethings I agree you need to work for it if you want it that bad. Plus I'm sure they now have a good memory and trophy for it. Who knows, they might've had a great time chatting and partying in the tents.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5456 posts
2504 upvotes
So what's worse? Camping out for a product that is "95% off" (AKA this TV) or camping out for a product that is "0% off" (AKA, iPhone, XBOX, PS4, etc). I would never do it, but to each his own.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1833 posts
597 upvotes
Guelph
Whats with all the hate? We knew ppl were going to be lined up early. So they went prepared and literally camped out. Maybe they did spend time with there family in front of Sigs. If not, so what. I had fun reading this thread since page 1.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1428 posts
184 upvotes
Winnipeg
lining up to get a deal: fine, be my guest
only buying the product so you can sell it: kind of a ***** move. especially when you end up selling it to a guy that was 6th in line...
buying the product and then trying to sell it for MORE than normal sale price: that's when you upset the internet!

but seriously, it bothers me when ppl think standing in line is a job or skill or something that somehow helps society and should be rewarded with income. if somehow nobody else is willing to stand in line, and you buy ALL the deals because you're the ONLY one there, then you get to profit. but when there's a guy standing right there beside you the whole time that wants to use the product, and you're just there to flip it on kijiji, I hate that.

that's why I love when this stuff happens to those ppl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYBFY98lWcU
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1428 posts
184 upvotes
Winnipeg
9394 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 12:25 pm
So what's worse? Camping out for a product that is "95% off" (AKA this TV) or camping out for a product that is "0% off" (AKA, iPhone, XBOX, PS4, etc). I would never do it, but to each his own.
this I could actually see being a good debate! like you, I wouldn't personally do either, but when I think in terms of time=money, camping out for something money can't buy makes a lot more sense. that is, camping out to say 300bux(more like 200) on a tv that I could buy anytime, or at least get comparable ones anywhere does seem as valuable as camping out to get something I won't be able to get later(or soon later perhaps). I'm thinking things like concert tickets or other stuff that once it sells out, it's gone. but I suppose if there's an important deadline(like getting a ps4 before xmas for your kids) then that could be a similar situation.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
23815 posts
4143 upvotes
kamascottra wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 12:31 pm
that's why I love when this stuff happens to those ppl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYBFY98lWcU
LOL what a fool. Surprised someone didn't rob her for that $16k in cash she brought. LMAO when they're like "one per customer", surely that was written quite clearly in an ad somewhere? And she was planning on buying $100k worth of iPhones? Really? Lady may have money but no brains--was outsmarted by a teenager who she pretty much gave $800 to for no reason at all. :lol:
Sep 7, 2010
360 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
I really don't understand the hate in this thread. While I'm not a fan of people flipping something like this on Kijiji either, I can easily accept this as it's I would never do, so kudos to them willing to do that to make a few bucks if they can.

While it may seem odd and perhaps humourous that someone with an A8 (but quite an older one at that) would line up 24 or 48 hours as reported here, do we really need to point and laugh and then have this gang up mentality as if reveling in some other person's supposed oddity?
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20249 posts
136882 upvotes
GTA
No need to bash those people camping out, as they have their own reasons for doing it. It's funny how no one will dare to say anything about people lining up for food (free turkeys at Honest Ed's for instance), but when it's people lining up for an incredible deal on electronics, all of a sudden people want to put them down. Making fun of the fact that someone showed up in an older Audi, really? Let's not kid ourselves - the comments would be no different if there was a 1980's Corolla in its place.

It takes a lot of mental grit to follow through with something like that (it's something which a lot of the armchair commentators here don't have, myself included), and for that I commend these people. They put in a lot of time and effort and got a great deal - let's not rain on their parade.
Jun 8, 2011
133 posts
48 upvotes
Mississauga
Whoever waited 2 days to get this tv... Sure you can do whatever you want. Sure you can try and sell it for profit afterwards.

But is it really worth it spending endless hours out in the cold to get a crappy tv when you could be spending time with family?

Better yet, with all that time you wasted, you could've volunteered to give back to the community. Perhaps donate to the food bank?

Also, the guy who drove the audi... dude the tv is worth 2 gas tanks of gas. why did u wait 2 days out in the cold? That's just stupid.

Time to evaluate what's really important in life.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1833 posts
597 upvotes
Guelph
Apollo74 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 12:44 pm
Whoever waited 2 days to get this tv... Sure you can do whatever you want. Sure you can try and sell it for profit afterwards.

But is it really worth it spending endless hours out in the cold to get a crappy tv when you could be spending time with family?

Better yet, with all that time you wasted, you could've volunteered to give back to the community. Perhaps donate to the food bank?

Also, the guy who drove the audi... dude the tv is worth 2 gas tanks of gas. why did u wait 2 days out in the cold? That's just stupid.

Time to evaluate what's really important in life.
Ever heard of winter camping? Its actually more popular then you think. Kudos to them and I hope they enjoy there tv.
Dec 27, 2007
132 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
LOL at all the entitled haters who think the people lining up have no lives.

When I camped overnight for a free monitor a few Boxing Days ago, I brought my laptop, headphones (which double as earmuffs) and two books with me. I could watch a bunch of TV episodes or read one of my books. Stuff I would've done on Christmas Day anyway. All this talk about "spending time with family" or "making the money at a job" is just hilarious nonsense from jealous people.

Congrats to those who braved the weather for this TV. I already own a 46" TV so I opted out, but I think I would've been out there had it been a 55"+.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
23815 posts
4143 upvotes
GipFace wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 12:53 pm
LOL at all the entitled haters who think the people lining up have no lives.
When I camped overnight for a free monitor a few Boxing Days ago, I brought my laptop, headphones (which double as earmuffs) and two books with me. I could watch a bunch of TV episodes or read one of my books.
LMAO :lol:
Sep 9, 2012
4 posts
RICHMOND HILL
Hey anyone catch the price of the Beats headphones (Both Solo and Studio)?

Thanks.
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
813 upvotes
Calgary
Not very smart to post a new tv for sale on kijiji during boxing week, he will get nothing but lowballs cause people want deals right now. Wtf $350 for a no name tv? Lol. The sales in stores right now are same price.

Lets say someone was foolish enough to pay $350, and he did wait in the tent for 2 days. Thats $7.07 an hour he made, rofl.