• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2014 12:32 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2005
4900 posts
634 upvotes
GipFace wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 12:53 pm
LOL at all the entitled haters who think the people lining up have no lives.

When I camped overnight for a free monitor a few Boxing Days ago, I brought my laptop, headphones (which double as earmuffs) and two books with me. I could watch a bunch of TV episodes or read one of my books. Stuff I would've done on Christmas Day anyway. All this talk about "spending time with family" or "making the money at a job" is just hilarious nonsense from jealous people.

Congrats to those who braved the weather for this TV. I already own a 46" TV so I opted out, but I think I would've been out there had it been a 55"+.
well i'm not a jealous type, heck i wasn't even interested in boxing day this year but i have to disagree with you on your comments. If a person is camped out during Christmas dinner and overnight i would have to call them a. a loser who does not want to spend quality time with friends or family b. a locust - who preys solely to feed their lonely lifestyle. So if you're one of the people standing out there all alone on Christmas afternoon sorry but you're either one or the other.
Oct 22, 2005
364 posts
25 upvotes
162 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 1:23 pm
well i'm not a jealous type, heck i wasn't even interested in boxing day this year but i have to disagree with you on your comments. If a person is camped out during Christmas dinner and overnight i would have to call them a. a loser who does not want to spend quality time with friends or family b. a locust - who preys solely to feed their lonely lifestyle. So if you're one of the people standing out there all alone on Christmas afternoon sorry but you're either one or the other.
Who the * are you to judge? You're what's wrong with this forum. Everyone's here to get good deals but god forbid someone camps out for one! Christ, people camp out for new items all the time and they're full price! And you assuming that they're not family-type people is crazy! It's a FAMILY tradition for me and mine to camp out and get that big-ticket item we want, in fact, most people would gift you GCs or cash because they knew this was coming. It was a great ritual, one that my younger brother COULDN'T WAIT to get in on. We told him when he was 8, he could finally come. It was hilarious for my dad, cousin, and I. All just to get his Beats!

Great times camping out.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1428 posts
185 upvotes
Winnipeg
I tend to agree. I can think something is stupid, and a waste of time, but still understand how it's fun for others. I used to stand in line for 2-3hrs on boxing day for one item that was in hindsight MAYBE 100bux cheaper than normal. and it was fun. I actually did this with my brother and dad and it was the most bonding we normally did over the holidays(when we were teenagers, there's not a lot of time to connect anymore with no more santa stuff, and shopping on our own, etc).

I can totally understand the guys/gals that do this for fun, and just enjoy the atmosphere. and I don't think boxing day shopping means you're a bad family person.

but I still wouldn't wait overnight for a 40" LED, at any price. it's only a deal if it's something you actually want. that's where I start to criticize
May 20, 2006
807 posts
20 upvotes
kamascottra wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 12:31 pm
lining up to get a deal: fine, be my guest
only buying the product so you can sell it: kind of a ***** move. especially when you end up selling it to a guy that was 6th in line...
buying the product and then trying to sell it for MORE than normal sale price: that's when you upset the internet!

but seriously, it bothers me when ppl think standing in line is a job or skill or something that somehow helps society and should be rewarded with income. if somehow nobody else is willing to stand in line, and you buy ALL the deals because you're the ONLY one there, then you get to profit. but when there's a guy standing right there beside you the whole time that wants to use the product, and you're just there to flip it on kijiji, I hate that.

that's why I love when this stuff happens to those ppl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYBFY98lWcU
When stocks are limited, it bothers me that people are doing this to resell. These people need to read up on opportunity cost and they definitely deserve to be criticized.
Apr 5, 2005
203 posts
13 upvotes
Thornhill
Haha. Now that is awesome!
kamascottra wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 12:31 pm
lining up to get a deal: fine, be my guest
only buying the product so you can sell it: kind of a ***** move. especially when you end up selling it to a guy that was 6th in line...
buying the product and then trying to sell it for MORE than normal sale price: that's when you upset the internet!

but seriously, it bothers me when ppl think standing in line is a job or skill or something that somehow helps society and should be rewarded with income. if somehow nobody else is willing to stand in line, and you buy ALL the deals because you're the ONLY one there, then you get to profit. but when there's a guy standing right there beside you the whole time that wants to use the product, and you're just there to flip it on kijiji, I hate that.

that's why I love when this stuff happens to those ppl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYBFY98lWcU
Nov 1, 2009
136 posts
1 upvote
Well, they took the time out of their lives, got there earlier than the the 6th person in line, etc. they can do whatever they want with the product. They deserve it. If you don't like it or them, just relax and move on. You're not any better wasting your time complaining. Just chill. Enjoy the holidays in whatever form it may be.
Nov 8, 2005
848 posts
11 upvotes
I can smell a walmart similar fight over this tv. I bet it's a refub tv with a bunch of dead pixels with 30 days warranty.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1428 posts
185 upvotes
Winnipeg
labqiwi wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 2:17 pm
Well, they took the time out of their lives, got there earlier than the the 6th person in line, etc. they can do whatever they want with the product. They deserve it. If you don't like it or them, just relax and move on. You're not any better wasting your time complaining. Just chill. Enjoy the holidays in whatever form it may be.
but maybe only by a couple minutes, not several hours. I've been in lines in previous years and not gotten an item I wanted, then saw tons of them for sale online. it's EXTREMELY frustrating in that situation. to say they deserve it is one thing, to say the person who did 99.9% the same thing doesn't deserve it is another.

ethically, it's just a lot easier to hate on somebody that takes a product away from you to turn a profit, compared to somebody who's going to use it. they are acting as a middleman, but in this case the middleman isn't providing a service, they are actually just getting in the way. with non-limited stock, all complaints are gone. cause in that case they aren't taking anything away from the others who also stood in line and waiting for theirs. then they are providing a delivery service to those who were unable to do that.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1428 posts
185 upvotes
Winnipeg
grappos13 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 2:19 pm
umm.. why not just panhandle downtown for those 48 hours.. will end up with a LOT more money than getting a $10 TV and selling it for $300...
cause then ppl would think less of you, and maybe even make fun of you behind you back... oh yeah, guess they still are

I'm sure it's more fun camping out with some buddies
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2005
3181 posts
77 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
Its even more sad when you randomly finds out that the first 3 in line are actually people you know.
Oct 20, 2004
629 posts
148 upvotes
Ottawa
ejay2k3 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 2:20 pm
I can smell a walmart similar fight over this tv. I bet it's a refub tv with a bunch of dead pixels with 30 days warranty.
In the ad they stated it was brand new so I doubt that it is a refurb.

This deal is marketing genius really. I don't think any ad company could have reproduced the national exposure they are getting for this deal for the loss that they are taking. Who knows, maybe they wanted a riot because that would have given them even more name brand recognition. The prices at SIGElectronics are so good that people are fighting over them!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4159 posts
2575 upvotes
robster77 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 6:44 am
No, they'll never have the last laugh. $10 TV or not, you'd never catch me lining up that long for anything. Ever. Especially in freezing weather. Time off work is too valuable these days to be lining up for some TV. Just my opinion. For example, let's say they make $50K a year, at approx. 2,000 hours a year (just to make the math work easily), then that's $25 an hour. If they lined up for a day, that's $600 right there.
No one is going to pay you $25 an hour sitting at home.
Jan 12, 2007
189 posts
16 upvotes
Omicron Persei 8
I don't understand how this has spiraled into a big debate. What is it to you if they line up one or two days ahead of time? Just let them be holy crap. And besides, what if those people had no power anyways so they figured might as well go there and get something out of it..
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4159 posts
2575 upvotes
buffylover wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 10:28 am
Yea wearing canada goose jacket and driving a $100,000 car.... must really need the money
You guys are assuming the kijiji seller is the guy wearing cg driving audi and lining up in front of sig and wants to make him driving around for nothing?

It's not like he is hoarding, geez.