Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
SIG Electronics

SIG-ELECTRONICS Daily Blu Ray $12.99 Deal - Serenity

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2009 11:16 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 4, 2005
2664 posts
220 upvotes

[SIG Electronics] SIG-ELECTRONICS Daily Blu Ray $12.99 Deal - Serenity

Todays Deal at Sigs is Serenity on blu ray for $12.99

This is the movie based on the short lived but cult fave Firefly series

Captain Malcolm Reynolds, a hardened veteran (on the losing side) of a galactic civil war, who now ekes out a living pulling off small crimes and transport-for-hire aboard his ship, Serenity. He leads a small, eclectic crew who are the closest thing he has left to family--squabbling, insubordinate and undyingly loyal. When Mal takes on two new passengers--a young doctor and his unstable, telepathic sister--he gets much more than he bargained for. The pair are fugitives from the coalition dominating the universe, who will stop at nothing to reclaim the girl. The crew that was once used to skimming the outskirts of the galaxy unnoticed find themselves caught between the unstoppable military force of the Universal Alliance and the horrific, cannibalistic fury of the Reavers, savages who roam the very edge of space. Hunted by vastly different enemies, they begin to discover that the greatest danger to them may be on board Serenity herself.
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1932/serenity.html

Overall Grade 4 out of 5
The Movie Itself 3.5 out of 5
HD Video Quality 4 out of 5
HD Audio Quality 4.5 out of 5
Supplements 2.5 out of 5
High-Def Extras 3.5 out of 5
Bottom Line Recommended

Not bad for those who want to build their collection
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
If only sig was close to me... shipping kills the deal though. Great movie though folks
Dec 22, 2006
401 posts
21 upvotes
Super strokey wrote: If only sig was close to me... shipping kills the deal though. Great movie though folks

Go to Bestbuy or FS and price match!

Picked up Indiana Jones and Harry Potter Blue rays for $10/each thanks to SIG :lol:
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2007
1288 posts
2 upvotes
PM'd at FS for $12.29 ... this is my second HD double dip (following the Ultimate Matrix Collection BD from Amazon in Feb, which still hasn't shipped BTW) as I already own the HD DVD (not to mention the original DVD). Still, I love Serenity and Firefly too much!
Jan 29, 2008
571 posts
396 upvotes
ghost80 wrote: PM'd at FS for $12.29 ...
Wow! With ease? It's $76.99 online, which works out to $6.59 with straight price guarentee (+10% diff). If you add $10 for shipping that's then $18.58. Not sure how they came up with that price?!?

Their terms and conditions mention price match does not apply to restricted offers which pretty specifically covers this (limited in time and quantity).

Any tips on how you did it?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2007
1288 posts
2 upvotes
^gUrU wrote: Wow! With ease? It's $76.99 online, which works out to $6.59 with straight price guarentee (+10% diff). If you add $10 for shipping that's then $18.58. Not sure how they came up with that price?!?

Their terms and conditions mention price match does not apply to restricted offers which pretty specifically covers this (limited in time and quantity).

Any tips on how you did it?
I think you're thinking of Firefly, which is the TV series. But I got that one from FS boxing day, for, what was it again, about $25 I think :) while we're on the topic.

No, this is for the follow-up movie, which FS currently sells for $19.99. So only a $7 difference, which is not big. PM at BB instead for an extra 50 cents (plus tax) off.
Jan 29, 2008
571 posts
396 upvotes
ghost80 wrote: I think you're thinking of Firefly, which is the TV series.
And no delete button to remove my mistakes /doh. *sigh* Joss you confuse us with your show named after the ship type and your movie named after the ship name.

Unrelated: Dollhouse is good stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5634 posts
208 upvotes
Scarborough
Ugh, I missed this one :( I would have like to get this. :(
RZ9 5900X|GB X570 Aorus Elite|CR 2x16Gb DDR4-3600 CL16|eVGA GF RTX 3080 10GB XCU|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|CC MX500 2TB SSD|SS 1TB HDD|SoundBlaster Z|Logi Z-5500|LG 38WK95C/Len TV T22i-10|CS K100|HyperX PF Surge|Ocu. Rift S

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)