Shopping Discussion

Sign this Petition to let Amazon Canada know to stop using Intelcom Courrier!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2018 3:59 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
5991 posts
559 upvotes
SW Ontario
lennyandcarl wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 8:52 pm
If amazon ships with one of these wonky couriers I just contact them and ask them to ship it again with a proper courier.
Wish they would allow us to select courier of choice at checkout. Based on whatever options they deem available for that item (based on size). It’s such a roll of the dice with them
Sep 8, 2006
606 posts
329 upvotes
Edmonton
I have had a few items delivered by Intelcom and it was fine. They even delivered on a Sunday!
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
4874 posts
2424 upvotes
I had a parcel that was delivered at the wrong address at the apartment complex next door, and I only saw it with my name on it by chance, because there is a laundry machine that I happened to use in my apartment. If it was not for that my parcel would have been lost.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6609 posts
1202 upvotes
Mississauga
Carbo wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 4:04 pm
Sad seeing people waste their precious time on this earth on fruitless endeavours
If nobody complains nothing will change if enough people complain something will change. Its as simple as that.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1371 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
I heard Amazon was going to drop all third party couriers and go full out shipping in house very soon. So this is a battle that cannot be won.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8728 posts
1273 upvotes
Montreal
DIrty-D wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 10:14 am
I heard Amazon was going to drop all third party couriers and go full out shipping in house very soon. So this is a battle that cannot be won.
You mean like these people in the States.....3rd party contractor left a HUMAN PACKAGE (pooped) on the persons doorstep after delivering the Amazon package. Next day, same company THREW the package from the sidewalk :)

Canada Post looks like 5 STAR delivery service compared to these 3rd party companies.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/01/su ... utter.html
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17771 posts
2464 upvotes
GTA West
So here's my Intelcom story....

I orderd a $400 pair of headphones from an Amazon.ca Boxing day deal. Shipped by Intelcom to my work address.
I freaked out at first because of all the bad reviews, but then I realised that seven other of my shipments during the holiday season last month were delivered by Intelcom and went without a hitch.

Today, my phone rings. It's the courier. He wants to meet me in the parking lot. This is weird, since they normally just bring it to reception.
I go down from the office to the main floor and look for him. Eventually I see some guy running up to the building. Looks like he walked out of a hip-hop video. Sneakers, sweatpants, a bomber jacket, earrings. No uniform or anything, but he's got an amazon box in his hands.

Me: Are you delivering?
Him: Yeah I am.
Me: (Looks at shipping label.) Yes, that's for me.
Him: Sure, sign here.

He had no identifying uniform or anything associating him with the courier brand, and worse yet, he did not confirm any of my own information to ensure I was the person who was supposed to receive this shipment!
So sketchy. Intelcom seems to be like the Uber of courier services.

TBH, I do not blame the driver. He seemed to be a polite, hardworking guy. I think it's the management of Intelcom that's slave driving them with excessive workloads and crummy wages.
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1620 posts
449 upvotes
B.C.
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 11:11 pm
So here's my Intelcom story....

I orderd a $400 pair of headphones from an Amazon.ca Boxing day deal. Shipped by Intelcom to my work address.
I freaked out at first because of all the bad reviews, but then I realised that seven other of my shipments during the holiday season last month were delivered by Intelcom and went without a hitch.

Today, my phone rings. It's the courier. He wants to meet me in the parking lot. This is weird, since they normally just bring it to reception.
I go down from the office to the main floor and look for him. Eventually I see some guy running up to the building. Looks like he walked out of a hip-hop video. Sneakers, sweatpants, a bomber jacket, earrings. No uniform or anything, but he's got an amazon box in his hands.

Me: Are you delivering?
Him: Yeah I am.
Me: (Looks at shipping label.) Yes, that's for me.
Him: Sure, sign here.

He had no identifying uniform or anything associating him with the courier brand, and worse yet, he did not confirm any of my own information to ensure I was the person who was supposed to receive this shipment!
So sketchy. Intelcom seems to be like the Uber of courier services.

TBH, I do not blame the driver. He seemed to be a polite, hardworking guy. I think it's the management of Intelcom that's slave driving them with excessive workloads and crummy wages.
What did you sign? Their phone? paper? fancy custom tablet/pocket pc thing like UPS/Fedex/Etc use?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17771 posts
2464 upvotes
GTA West
lennyandcarl wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 11:50 pm
What did you sign? Their phone? paper? fancy custom tablet/pocket pc thing like UPS/Fedex/Etc use?
I signed his phone app.
Sep 16, 2016
195 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
Why don't they call customers before they try to make a delivery? Everytime you leave phone number when you order something. But you never received a call to inform you there is a delivery coming. And I believe if they contact customer first, there should be a better service for all.
If we can dream it, we can make it!
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17771 posts
2464 upvotes
GTA West
Hattie917 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 6:14 am
Why don't they call customers before they try to make a delivery? Everytime you leave phone number when you order something. But you never received a call to inform you there is a delivery coming. And I believe if they contact customer first, there should be a better service for all.
They phoned me... Though how do they know the customer's number? Mine was on the shipping label.
I added it to the bottom of my address on Amazon after (some years ago) a UPS shipment was delivered to the wrong address.
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
Aug 3, 2007
713 posts
18 upvotes
Montreal QC canada
I had a guy in my building no tags nothing saying he was from intelcom made me sign his ugly ass phone that he probably jerked on. Then ....... all my packages from intelcom went missing since..... weirdddddddddddddd THOSE THIEFS. Never had a single package loss since i met them (it's been 12 years+ im shipping worldwide.)bunch of crooks hiring criminals with no background checks.
Last edited by Redmask on Mar 10th, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't try to bypass the language filter
Aug 3, 2007
713 posts
18 upvotes
Montreal QC canada
Called intelcom today got cussed off by the lady on the phone. She almost said it's my fault for having the package missing. She then proceeded to say no one would ever steal from us. The delivery was probably made at the wrong address..... Y E A H RIGHT.......

Then said you are left alone do a charge back on your credit card. I ordered a gift card for a upcoming birthday (this weekend) just GREAT. I will contact my superior...... yeah yeah yeah. Well im done with amazon for a while.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3309 posts
389 upvotes
Mississauga
Ryo_hazuki wrote:
Mar 10th, 2018 1:20 pm
Called intelcom today got cussed off by the lady on the phone. She almost said it's my fault for having the package missing. She then proceeded to say no one would ever steal from us. The delivery was probably made at the wrong address..... Y E A H RIGHT.......

Then said you are left alone do a charge back on your credit card. I ordered a gift card for a upcoming birthday (this weekend) just GREAT. I will contact my superior...... yeah yeah yeah. Well im done with amazon for a while.
I just learned about Intelcom today.

Intelcom just dropped a package in front of the house. I opened it thinking what did I order from Amazon recently? :rolleyes:
I then checked my amazon account and never ordered these usb cables before.
The label does say my name and address though.

Are they delivering packages to the wrong places with the wrong label? How did they even get my name and address in the first place without an order?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)