Shopping Discussion

Sign this Petition to let Amazon Canada know to stop using Intelcom Courrier!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2018 7:31 am
May 31, 2008
18 posts
5 upvotes
Intelecom sucks. Yesterday I saw a package left at a door by the elevator on the main floor of my building. Soon they will be leaving it on the grass outside. They just don't care.
Nov 16, 2010
181 posts
87 upvotes
Kitchener
Sign a petition with your dollars, if you aren't happy with their service stop spending money with them. Signing an actual petition is useless LOL.
Aug 5, 2007
737 posts
148 upvotes
Corridor
devilsadvocate wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2018 6:23 pm
Intelecom sucks. Yesterday I saw a package left at a door by the elevator on the main floor of my building. Soon they will be leaving it on the grass outside. They just don't care.
This is literally what they’ve done at the last apartment building I lived in, leaving packages behind the potted plats infront of the lobby…

Was a bit dismayed to see Amazon using Intelcom for one of my deliveries again after several months of being freed of them.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14875 posts
1708 upvotes
Oshawa
Huh. Never paid attention to what courier Amazon uses for my deliveries, but I've never had a problem.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2708 posts
1381 upvotes
Canadia
sandeeS wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 10:07 am
Let people decide that and not unions members. Arrogant Canada Postal workers.
I live outside Calgary and have never belonged to a union. Intelcom is the worst courier experience I've ever had. They make Loomis and Canada Post look like a personal concierge service. The experience was lousy enough that I let my Prime membership lapse and have stopped buying from Amazon.

Amazon Prime switched from UPS and FedEx to Intelcom just before Christmas, and I stopped receiving packages. At first, I got a couple of emails telling me that my postal code was wrong and that they don't deliver to my address. I had drive to their office near the airport to retrieve them. Showing them my driver's license (with the correct address) and even a confirmation of my address from Canada Post wasn't enough. When the next package was due for delivery, they sent yet another email telling me that my postal code was wrong and that the package had to be picked up.

A few weeks later, they stopped emailing or delivering my packages completely.

I complained to Amazon and Intelcom, but nothing happened except I got a free month of Prime and the packages were (eventually) re-shipped by Canada Post.

So, yeah. Intelcom is awful everywhere. Nobody in their right mind would *want* their purchases hurled onto the front step by a scruffy-looking guy driving a beaten up old van.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7191 posts
584 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder which comoany that Amazon is using that posrs pictures of where the parcel is dropped.
Temp. Banned
Jan 25, 2018
216 posts
134 upvotes
Last week I watched one of the amazon couriers look around oddly and then left a little package at the front door of the condo which has like 200 units.

I know he didn’t leave it for anyone or talk to anyone because he just delivered to me and I was with him the whole time.

Then as I check my mail, he just looks around, puts it down, and walks out the door and down the road.

I’ve had them routinely try not to bring up packages or just leave stuff at my front door, no knock, no anything. Other times they leave stuff in the car so I have to meet them the next day or later on. Twice I’ve had items go “missing”.

They Are certainly horrible 90% of the time. Of course I have met a couple decent couriers through them but I’d much rather not deal with them at all because most are trash.

Which sucks because the folks who do the routes for CP, UPS, and fed ex are all great by me.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4269 posts
204 upvotes
Peterborough
Am I the only that never had any issues with Intelcom? Packages always have been delivered on time and left on my porch. Which is the same thing that Canada Post/UPS/Amazon's own delivery people do.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
4467 posts
579 upvotes
Montreal
I've dealt with Intelcom 3 times and have had 2 issues. Once, they couldn't deliver because my address has a comma in it so I had to go pick it up myself - after I paid extra for expedited delivery.

2 days ago, a package was left at the mailboxes of my 100 unit condo for an address which was nowhere near our building. Fortunately, there was a phone number to call the person who was to receive the package so she drove over to us and picked up the package in person from our condo office.
Phils
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3933 posts
615 upvotes
Richmond
boycott Amazon! lol oh well, all amazon is doing is shooting their own foot;.
Nov 7, 2016
82 posts
13 upvotes
Ontario
Intelcom supposedly delivered my new phone. They delivered it to the wrong house on a different street a few blocks over and literally left it at the door of the wrong house, and then sent it back instead of to my house later that day (how it didn't disappear is beyond me as the package has the word cellular in it from the sellers company!) When I emailed them with the info and called, they didn't care or want to do anything about it. It went back to the seller so I had to reorder it. Thankfully the seller choose a different delivery place the second time, and was even great enough to over night it to me. They said they have had a few issues with Intelcom like this...
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9110 posts
8562 upvotes
I purchased an item from an eBay seller who uses Intelcom 2 days ago. with 15% off. Let see how is the service.
Form the Intelcom website, it says that they deliver package 7 days a week. I am wondering whether this eBay seller paid extra for my package to be delivered on weekend. I doubled it because it is free shipping for my item.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $41 6GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Jul 28, 2018
1 posts
I received an email from this company ,,, intel ,,, that in 3 hours will deliver my order from amazon and made sure to be in my office two hours ahead
Waited
No one came no order delivered
Only receiving another email for failed delivery
What a scam
What liers and manipulators
I called amazon to complain
They said intercom will call very shortly waited for another two hours
As if I had nothing to do but to wait for intel on to deliver my order
No one showed
Called amazon again
Here is the catch loooool
They offered my ten dollar apology card loool
Gave them what they needed
And stilll waiting for my order
Hey amazon helllo me ceo
ChNge this company they are ruining your reputation
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
1132 posts
752 upvotes
Toronto
Tha_Doggg wrote:
Apr 4th, 2018 7:17 am
Am I the only that never had any issues with Intelcom? Packages always have been delivered on time and left on my porch. Which is the same thing that Canada Post/UPS/Amazon's own delivery people do.
My Intelcom guy is great... Always delivers fast and reliably. I can 1 day order something at 9 PM at night and sometimes it will get there by the late morning / early afternoon the next day. Always drops it on my porch and takes a picture.

I have 3 street / porch facing cameras that are super obvious, so I don't worry too much about thieves.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!