Shopping Discussion

Sign this Petition to let Amazon Canada know to stop using Intelcom Courrier!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2018 8:15 am
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1361 posts
433 upvotes
Quebec
Intelcom got much better for me lately

Get an email that they will be there in 3h, which always seems to happen and all.

Bitched at them for a long time but yeah got better, at least for me
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
11587 posts
1667 upvotes
London
I'm always excited when I see my package is coming via intelcom. Getting deliveries on the weekend is great.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1204 posts
1302 upvotes
TORONTO
Love that this thread was made in December 2017. Well over half a year later and they are still trash for me LOL

How the heck can you deliver a package to the right house number but the wrong street / city - and just drive off - in an age of GPS and Google Maps Street View?

The company also needs to save pictures (along with delivery preference notes) from successful deliveries of known, repeat Amazon customers served; next time, just have rotating driver(s) pull up the saved photo from the address database to make sure the package wasn't placed at 66 Main street instead of 60 Main street. And if they use a paid app like Sygic, the offline GPS will take drivers straight to the place based on picture metadata alone.

It's better to hold off delivery for a day than leave packages at the wrong residences.

The notes will also let the driver know that 60 Main street prefers packages left between the screen door and front door when possible; otherwise place the package directly beneath the mailbox if it doesn't fit. Notes will also reveal, on the other hand, that 85 Main street prefers packages being placed on the corner porch chair, hidden from pedestrian traffic view by the rose bushes.

I don't blame the drivers (probably overworked and burnt out, just mice in an urban maze ... bet they have quotas to meet and must deliver all XX packages on that day or risk getting fired.) I blame inept Intelcom management trying to save money by cutting corners, being understaffed, and coming up with terrible logistics.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16142 posts
1351 upvotes
TOP SECRET SPAGHETTI…
Hey guise, I ordered something yesterday and it's coming to the shoppers drug mart TODAY! A SUNDAY! I thought those Shoppers Postal Outlets close on Sundays?
Temp. Banned
Dec 7, 2012
31628 posts
8034 upvotes
GTHA
Supercooled wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 9:43 am
Hey guise, I ordered something yesterday and it's coming to the shoppers drug mart TODAY! A SUNDAY! I thought those Shoppers Postal Outlets close on Sundays?
Post offices operated by the private sector will be open according to the hours of service of the host business.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16142 posts
1351 upvotes
TOP SECRET SPAGHETTI…
tk1000 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 10:32 am
Post offices operated by the private sector will be open according to the hours of service of the host business.
The one that my package was suppose to deliver to today was closed (refused). I know the Shoppers is opened but the PO must've been closed.

EDITED post because it sounded uppity when tk was being helpful.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16142 posts
1351 upvotes
TOP SECRET SPAGHETTI…
I wish before you clicked complete order they tell you which carrier. My Canada Post pickup refused two shipments be wise they were not Canada Post. One from FedEx and another from amzn which according to some search here could be done guy in a car in civvy.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2424 posts
1148 upvotes
When Amazon first started sending things to me using them it was a horrible experience. Some damaged items crammed into mailbox and things arriving broken.

A few reviews and a couple months later and everything has been great since. In fact I love when they deliver because I get a timing update. Which is nice sometimes to be able to adjust when I leave or will get home so I can receive the package.

Anyways, I'm happy with them now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)