• Aug 15th, 2017 8:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8620 posts
1806 upvotes
Toronto

'Silver and Black' Sony Spidey spin off featuring Silver Sable and Black Cat

Desperate Sony is counting their Spidey spinoffs even before the symbiote has hatched

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... vie-988065

Good for a cartoon writer to successfully transition to writing big budget features (didn't know X-23 originated in a cartoon)

I believe Black Cat was introduced when I was still reading comics and was too dumb to realize she's just Marvel's Cat Woman but Silver Sable is after my time

Last edited by jenviea on Mar 22nd, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17630 posts
1287 upvotes
Sony has announced a non-Spider-Man movie with Silver Sable and Black Cat will be release February 8, 2019.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-spider-man-s ... 1797769723
The second film in Sony’s No-Spider-Man Movie Universe now has a release date. Silver and Black, the Silver Sable/Black Cat superhero movie directed by Gina Prince-Bythewood, will be released February 8, 2019.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Jun 5, 2017
79 posts
6 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
i feel this is gonna bomb. sony wont know how to do either character right.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7367 posts
738 upvotes
Victoria
brandonly wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 6:05 pm
i feel this is gonna bomb. sony wont know how to do either character right.
Plus the general public (including myself) haven't heard of those characters before. Marvel's earned goodwill by making good movies, but it's brave for other studios to try and make C list superhero movies.
May 22, 2016
758 posts
98 upvotes
Ontario
They need spiderman in the movie to make it work. Maybe like suicide squad had Batman.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9763 posts
853 upvotes
zod wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 9:59 pm

Plus the general public (including myself) haven't heard of those characters before. Marvel's earned goodwill by making good movies, but it's brave for other studios to try and make C list superhero movies.
You might have heard of Black Cat. She did have some fame being Peter Parker's love interest at one point. Also you being a DC fan, you probably would have heard of some of Marvel's ripoffs of DC characters. Can you guess which one Black Cat is? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Silver Sable is definitely not a popular character. She only makes the odd appearance in various Spider-Man comics as filler story (typically starts and ends in 1 comic book) between major story arcs. Never really caught on. Super rich mercenary with high tech gadgets... boobs, guns and violence. Seemed like a "can't fail" concept.
webshark wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 2:40 am
They need spiderman in the movie to make it work. Maybe like suicide squad had Batman.
I don't know if Spider-Man can save this. Since the current Spider-Man is a teenager, I don't see how they can connect these characters... other than being villains.
Jun 5, 2017
79 posts
6 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
webshark wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 2:40 am
they need a lot more than that. the black cats father gave her the super soldier serum. so shes like captain america. you need to include shield and hydra to tell her story. only marvel should could do that story right.