PC & Video Games

Sim racing wheel stands sold in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2017 12:31 pm
[OP]
Feb 1, 2009
12 posts

Sim racing wheel stands sold in Canada?

There have been a few topics on this in the past, but I don't see anything recent.

I'm looking at stands for a Logitech G27 racing wheel setup, but very few seem to be sold in this country.

The two I've found:
Now, both of those options seem to be a hell of a lot better than a few years ago, when all the threads were horror stories about outrageous shipping costs and brokerage fees on orders from the US and Europe. But are there more choices than this?
29 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5276 posts
1722 upvotes
Toronto
I'm really interested in the Wheel Stand Pro or something similar so I can play from my couch instead of migrating to my desk when I want to race but I just can't justify spending almost as much for a stand as I paid for the G27 itself. $179 for a simple stand just seems crazy to me
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3496 posts
288 upvotes
i've built a full cockpit...i love it but I've downsized to an apartment so I've been eyeing the WSP...didn't bite yet cause there are concerns about left foot braking/heel-toe and the post gets in the way

I almost wanna just buy the DX and try it out...like seriously how can it have practically no reviews online...
ReeGee wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2014 9:07 pm
I'm really interested in the Wheel Stand Pro or something similar so I can play from my couch instead of migrating to my desk when I want to race but I just can't justify spending almost as much for a stand as I paid for the G27 itself. $179 for a simple stand just seems crazy to me
pay to play...you should've factored in the cost of a set up whether full or stand when you bought your wheel :twisted:

think of the people that buy the $500 cockpit + eyefinity monitors + fanatec wheels
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Apr 24, 2006
655 posts
135 upvotes
"I don't even know what this is and i just ordered it... damn it rfd."
"Thanks OP. Didn't need them until RFD'ers convinced me that i did!"
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5276 posts
1722 upvotes
Toronto
twitchyzero wrote:
Sep 26th, 2014 2:19 am
pay to play...you should've factored in the cost of a set up whether full or stand when you bought your wheel :twisted:

think of the people that buy the $500 cockpit + eyefinity monitors + fanatec wheels
This is my current desk setup which is OK when it's setup here http://i.imgur.com/pOtLzTL.jpg

The problem is sometimes I move my tower to my living room so I can play certain games on my HDTV with a controller and have nothing good to setup my wheel on there.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3496 posts
288 upvotes
ndiniwachojeff wrote:
Sep 26th, 2014 6:58 am
I'm using this for my G27; http://www.homedepot.ca/product/flip-top-stand/906077. Cost $60 and doesn't take up much much space.
where does your shifter go?
where do your pedals go? there's so many posts in the way?
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Apr 24, 2006
655 posts
135 upvotes
The wheel and shifter both fit on the flat top and I straddle the middle post withe the clutch on the left side and brake/accelerator on the right of the post.
Feb 19, 2006
832 posts
118 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ndiniwachojeff wrote:
Sep 26th, 2014 12:00 pm
The wheel and shifter both fit on the flat top and I straddle the middle post withe the clutch on the left side and brake/accelerator on the right of the post.
Please post a pic of your arrangement including the chair. It looks like the post will get in the way of the chair?
Apr 24, 2006
655 posts
135 upvotes
websurfer wrote:
Sep 26th, 2014 1:31 pm
Please post a pic of your arrangement including the chair. It looks like the post will get in the way of the chair?
I added links to the photos in the post above.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5276 posts
1722 upvotes
Toronto
ndiniwachojeff wrote:
Sep 26th, 2014 2:06 pm
maybe it's the angle of the pic but is something blocking your clutch pedal or can you easily use it?

Also both clamps on the wheel are snug on that tabletop? It's bigger than it looks from the home depot site.
Apr 24, 2006
655 posts
135 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Sep 26th, 2014 2:16 pm
maybe it's the angle of the pic but is something blocking your clutch pedal or can you easily use it?

Also both clamps on the wheel are snug on that tabletop? It's bigger than it looks from the home depot site.
It's the angle. I have no issues getting to the clutch as my foot comes to it from the left side. If you look at the first pic you'll see that the metal post is quite a bit higher than the pedals. The actual stand is bigger than it looks on the HD stock photo and both the wheel and shifter fit. I had to fit a block of wood under the shifter (not in pic) because it's clamping screw wasn't long enough to grab on.
Jan 2, 2012
645 posts
135 upvotes
SASKATOON
Good thread, I just got a G27 from the recent sale and need a way to integrate it.
Feb 19, 2006
832 posts
118 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ndiniwachojeff wrote:
Sep 26th, 2014 2:06 pm
links no longer work??