"Thanks OP. Didn't need them until RFD'ers convinced me that i did!"
Feb 19, 2006
832 posts
118 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ndiniwachojeff wrote:
Sep 26th, 2014 6:03 pm
sorry. now fixed.
Nice arrangement you have there. Hopefully Logitech releases a working model of the G27 for the PS4 so I can get one as well.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3486 posts
287 upvotes
cheers for the pics
is it sturdy enough?
guess you can't left foot brake/heel toe on that haha
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Nov 12, 2014
134 posts
29 upvotes
Kingston, ON
I bought the Wheel Stand Pro for my Dad a couple of years ago....has the Logitech GT wheel, but he loves it and it's held up nicely
Apr 24, 2006
652 posts
135 upvotes
twitchyzero wrote:
Sep 26th, 2014 11:40 pm
cheers for the pics
is it sturdy enough?
guess you can't left foot brake/heel toe on that haha
yes it's sturdy. if you drive a real life stick shift, you shouldn't use your left foot for the brakes.
"I don't even know what this is and i just ordered it... damn it rfd."
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5255 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
ndiniwachojeff wrote:
Sep 30th, 2014 10:12 am
yes it's sturdy. if you drive a real life stick shift, you shouldn't use your left foot for the brakes.
Ya but for F1 and other paddle shift vehicles I'll left foot brake. I'm not sure how common it is but I know people do this
Apr 24, 2006
652 posts
135 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Sep 30th, 2014 10:47 am
Ya but for F1 and other paddle shift vehicles I'll left foot brake. I'm not sure how common it is but I know people do this
I see what you mean.
I suppose you can just slide the pedals over to the left a bit so you straddle the center posts and use them as you do.
"I don't even know what this is and i just ordered it... damn it rfd."
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5209 posts
522 upvotes
Calgary
I have the staple one but I bought it from memoryexpress. It is very sturdy, probably more so than the Wheel Stand Pro.
Aug 26, 2010
66 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
ndiniwachojeff wrote:
Left foot braking is used in racing even with 3 pedals. It's used to control over and understeer.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3486 posts
287 upvotes
ndiniwachojeff wrote:
not so much day-to-day driving
http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/shifting_tech.html

mucat wrote:
Sep 30th, 2014 11:03 am
I have the staple one but I bought it from memoryexpress. It is very sturdy, probably more so than the Wheel Stand Pro.
thanks i was able to track down more review at ME
bummer that it's not spring-loaded for quick stowaway...the shifter platform isn't adjustable?
Weaknesses:
It would be nice if the VR02 had spring-loaded 'bolts' to allow for quick-folding/unfolding (rather than having to unscrew the two bolts completely). This is definitely not a deal-breaker, as the process only takes a minute, vs 5 seconds if the 'bolts' were spring-loaded. Similarly, it would be nice if the wheel shelf and shifter shelf were easily adjustable (or adjustable at all, in the case of the shifter support).
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5209 posts
522 upvotes
Calgary
twitchyzero wrote:
Sep 30th, 2014 7:53 pm
thanks i was able to track down more review at ME
bummer that it's not spring-loaded for quick stowaway...the shifter platform isn't adjustable?
The version I got from ME (a few years back) doesn't have the shifter platform, so I don't know. However, google GT Omega, it seems like they have the same wheel stand.
Feb 19, 2006
832 posts
118 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ndiniwachojeff wrote:
I drive a real stick shift and I'm accustomed to pressing the clutch down with the left foot first and then the brake with the right foot.