Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] SimpleHuman shower caddy (branded as Advanced Habitat)@ Costco Vaughan $69.99/$169reg

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2015 10:51 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1110 posts
266 upvotes

[Costco] SimpleHuman shower caddy (branded as Advanced Habitat)@ Costco Vaughan $69.99/$169reg

The Mrs. was requesting a new shower caddy so I bought this item which looks extremely similar to the version made by SimpleHuman:
http://www.simplehuman.com/products/bat ... caddy.html

Looks identical right down to the very last detail, including all the hooks and rubber feet. I haven't installed it yet but it looks of good quality, with stainless/aluminum materials. Decent reviews. I haven't heard of this Advanced Habitat before and info is scarce online.

The SimpleHuman version sells @ Bed Bath & Beyond for $169.99! (Yes you can use the occasional 20% off coupon, however):
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/product. ... =14892141&

Seemed like a decent score so I thought I'd share. This was the Costco regular price, FYI.
152 replies
Mar 21, 2009
6 posts
1 upvote
manitoba
Thanks, I'm gonna pick one up. I need one for my ensuite. Simple human stuff is generally well designed and made. :)
Apr 4, 2010
4 posts
1 upvote
Montreal
I saw that at Costco too but what's so special about a shower caddy that it's worth 70$? Let alone 170$...
Jul 21, 2003
875 posts
122 upvotes
Moveable racks and most importantly, it doesn't rust.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1110 posts
266 upvotes
Redwhiteblue wrote:
Sep 28th, 2011 10:45 pm
I saw that at Costco too but what's so special about a shower caddy that it's worth 70$? Let alone 170$...

If this is the exact same as SimpleHuman (and damn does it look like it) indeed it is a good deal for a tension shower caddy. Or, you could spend $40-$50 at Walmart, etc. (as i previously did :cry: ) on some crap that just rusts after a year. The value is there IMO.

Looking through the instructions i found this company:
http://artikaworld.com/?page_id=54

Sadly it does not offer any insight or additional product info. I trust Costco to stand by their product however.
Sep 28, 2004
765 posts
40 upvotes
Can you please post the item # so I can call my local Costco to see if they have inventory?
Sep 8, 2008
541 posts
109 upvotes
Yes at 70$ it does seem expensive but after buying one from cdn tire which ended up rusting, this might be a good deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2003
1592 posts
33 upvotes
Montreal
I was looking at something like this for the past 2 years. Exactly what i need but will never pay 170. 69$ well it sells itself especially if stainless steal

Thanks Op. Sku please anyone???
" give me back my sock you goat bastard "
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
10163 posts
1110 upvotes
Markham
juggie wrote:
Sep 28th, 2011 10:49 pm
Moveable racks and most importantly, it doesn't rust.

anyone have one of this? does it really doesn't rust?
64TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 48TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
32TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2012 Essentials
11TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2012 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro / 6TB HP Mediasmart EX 485
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
1976 posts
510 upvotes
GTA
Well if this is a rebranded SimpleHuman product, then I'm concerned. There are some bad reviews at Bed Bath and Beyond. While the trays are made from "rust-proof" stainless steel, according to the reviews, they do rust. I'll consider buying this when it drops down to around $30 like the rest of the market.

Bath and Beyond Reviews
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1110 posts
266 upvotes
Riddick wrote:
Sep 29th, 2011 7:33 am
Well if this is a rebranded SimpleHuman product, then I'm concerned. There are some bad reviews at Bed Bath and Beyond. While the trays are made from "rust-proof" stainless steel, according to the reviews, they do rust. I'll consider buying this when it drops down to around $30 like the rest of the market.

Bath and Beyond Reviews

Only ONE reviewer mentioned rust in that list. The reviews are much better on the SimpleHuman site:
http://www.simplehuman.com/products/bat ... tReviewDiv
... and most the bad reviews are due to some scratching of the product during assembly.

I mean generally everything can rust if misused or not maintained, even aluminum and stainless steel. If i saw some surface rust approaching I'd take care of it with some CLR - if i tried that with my walmart special I think it would melt.

This item has a 9 foot aluminum rod which is several millimeters thick, I don't think it can be had for much cheaper than this. That is unless Costco has a few bucks off for a sale/clearance.

Again value is obviously in the eye of the beholder.
Dec 17, 2003
121 posts
121 upvotes
I was at costco richmond hill last night and saw a shower caddy which I think is the same as as posted here... I looked at the package and once I saw 'rust resistant', stopped reading and walked away... unless i'm mistaken and it's a different shower caddy than in other stores...
Jul 20, 2006
68 posts
7 upvotes
Thanks OP!
Just moved into a new house. Looking for a shower caddy for the ensuite.
Bought one from Walmart...the ones that hang off the the shower head with the suction cups that don't work. Returned it in a blink.
I will check this one out from Costco. It looks similar to SimpleHuman.
We have the SimpleHuman dish rack and I love it to death!
Mar 31, 2004
172 posts
2 upvotes
Aurora
I was at Costco last night and I also came across this shower caddy. I have the Simplehuman shower caddy and I was shocked to see that this Advanced Habitat has the exact same design as the SH. Apart from the price, everything looks exactly the same. The only thing that I didn't see that the SH caddy has is a 5 year warranty. I paid about $140 for mine. I've bought cheaper caddies in the past for around $40 and they just end up rusting all over. I've had mine for about 3 months now and so far so good. If this Costco version is just as good, I would definitely jump on it for $70.
× < >