Personal Finance

Simplii (ex PCF) ... 3% new deposits promo: Nov 1, 2017 - February 28, 2018

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 9:48 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7492 posts
1277 upvotes
Is there any way to confirm the 3%? Tangerine had it as a display when you checked the account. Any way to check with simplii that the savings account is indeed 3% (1% + 2%) or is it assumed that since it's available for everybody, it's not required?

Would be terrible to wait for the 2% bonus in March, for whatever reason the 3% didn't apply to someone's savings account and they lost almost 4 months of interest by not going with other options (investing/EQ/etc)
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10516 posts
3336 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Messerschmitt wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:43 pm
is it assumed that since it's available for everybody, it's not required?
Take a screenshot of their offer. Print out a transaction statement from 31Oct17 onwards that shows all activity to 28Feb17. Now you've got proof in case they don't credit your extra interest in March.

FWIW I've participated in several of these promos when they were PCF. I always got what I expected, to the penny, when the bonus was paid.
veni, vidi, Visa
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3291 upvotes
Markham
Messerschmitt wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:43 pm
Is there any way to confirm the 3%? Tangerine had it as a display when you checked the account. Any way to check with simplii that the savings account is indeed 3% (1% + 2%) or is it assumed that since it's available for everybody, it's not required?
i would agree, but you can always screenshot everything just in case.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
May 5, 2006
606 posts
79 upvotes
Yeah, I gotta say, I much prefer it when bonus interest is paid out monthly instead at the end. Pretty sure I didn't get a bonus that time that they sent the email out that pretty much said I was 'enrolled' but you had to do some stupid application thing (call? online?) or you weren't really in it.
Sep 19, 2009
817 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
Was anyone able to create a link for their EQ Bank account with Simplii? Simplii would require a printed cheque which EQ Bank does not provide although they would allow to generate one on the website.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1166 posts
201 upvotes
andrew4321 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 11:39 am
Was anyone able to create a link for their EQ Bank account with Simplii? Simplii would require a printed cheque which EQ Bank does not provide although they would allow to generate one on the website.
Try EQ's generated void cheque from your EQ online banking and report back.
Sep 19, 2009
817 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
minimalist wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 1:41 pm
Already did. Simplii wouldn'd accept EQ's app generated cheque. They want a "printed cheque" or "stamped PAD form" form EQ. Even after escalation, EQ Bank would not provide one.
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3291 upvotes
Markham
minimalist wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 1:41 pm
It's created digitally, simplii/cibc wont take it for sure.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1166 posts
201 upvotes
andrew4321 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:02 pm
Already did. Simplii wouldn'd accept EQ's app generated cheque. They want a "printed cheque" or "stamped PAD form" form EQ. Even after escalation, EQ Bank would not provide one.
Thanks. That's too bad. EQ's void cheque should be enough. So I guess no way to link on Simplii's side. What a pain.

So no "double interest weekends" by pulling with Simplii from EQ....
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3291 upvotes
Markham
minimalist wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:17 pm
Thanks. That's too bad. EQ's void cheque should be enough. So I guess no way to link on Simplii's side. What a pain.
They also accept a "customized account confirmation form" now...whatever that is.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1166 posts
201 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:23 pm
They also accept a "customized account confirmation form" now...whatever that is.
Ya, but it sounds like Andrew is saying upthread that EQ is refusing to provide that.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10516 posts
3336 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
angel_wing0 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:23 pm
See upthread.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10516 posts
3336 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
minimalist wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:04 pm
Ya, but it sounds like Andrew is saying upthread that EQ is refusing to provide that.
What he actually said is, "Simplii wouldn'd accept EQ's app generated cheque. They want a "printed cheque" or "stamped PAD form" form EQ."

A "customized account confirmation form" is similar to a PAD form. EQ's generated form needs to be stamped (which is also signed or initialed by EQ Bank), presumably to insure its validity. Since they only have one branch (in downtown Tronno) that's impractical for most people. One could also suppose that they add the stamp/signed part intentionally to make it very difficult to link to their main HISA competitors like TING and of course EQB because they lack extensive branch networks. That in turn makes it a bit harder to move large amounts of money out in order to play the quarterly promo rate lottery.
veni, vidi, Visa
Sep 19, 2009
817 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:35 pm
What he actually said is, "Simplii wouldn'd accept EQ's app generated cheque. They want a "printed cheque" or "stamped PAD form" form EQ."

A "customized account confirmation form" is similar to a PAD form. EQ's generated form needs to be stamped (which is also signed or initialed by EQ Bank), presumably to insure its validity. Since they only have one branch (in downtown Tronno) that's impractical for most people. One could also suppose that they add the stamp/signed part intentionally to make it very difficult to link to their main HISA competitors like TING and of course EQB because they lack extensive branch networks. That in turn makes it a bit harder to move large amounts of money out in order to play the quarterly promo rate lottery.
I actually used "customized account confirmation form" wording with EQ CSR and the answer was no, printed web cheques is the only thing they provide. I offer to pay for service / postage or to pick up the paper from St. Clair office as well.

I really need to have this done and I am looking for creative ideas. Appreciate any suggestions.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1166 posts
201 upvotes
andrew4321 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:48 pm
I actually used "customized account confirmation form" wording with EQ CSR and the answer was no, printed web cheques is the only thing they provide. I offer to pay for service / postage or to pick up the paper from St. Clair office as well.

I really need to have this done and I am looking for creative ideas. Appreciate any suggestions.
If you can't link on Simplii's end why don't you just create the link yourself on your EQ online banking? (Or is that functionality still down?)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

gimpstah