Simplii (ex PCF) ... 3% new deposits promo: Nov 1, 2017 - February 28, 2018

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 5:48 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
3351 posts
667 upvotes
Just looked in my Simplii account ... -- everything came in and posted this morning, Nov 3. -- Tangerine money, Wealth One money, and some money I just received at Scotia I-trade (Simplii / ex-PCF is one of my linked banks accounts there)

Money left Tangerine and Wealth One on Nov. 2nd ... So looks like I lost only 1 day of interest at both banks.
Apr 17, 2014
309 posts
167 upvotes
Calgary
fasterfeney wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 1:45 am
When did the bonus interest with PC Financial arrive ? 1 week after the promotion ended or something like that ?
The last promo bonus interest came exactly on September 14. So 14 days after the end of the bonus.

Exact same procedure will be in March, when this promo bonus will be paid out.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10576 posts
3372 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
utelurtz wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 10:56 am
The last promo bonus interest came exactly on September 14. So 14 days after the end of the bonus.

Which means exactly nothing. Previous bonus interest payments were made on January 12th 2017, April 6th, 2017... December 19th, 2014, etc.

I'm not sure why knowing an exact date is so important. What's important is that the bonus does get paid and it's generally a week or two after the promo period ends.
veni, vidi, Visa
Mar 14, 2010
233 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:34 am
The bonus came as a lump sum one or two weeks after the promo period ended. The exact day varied. Regular interest was paid monthly, promo or not.
Actually, the bonus for the extension of the PC promotion (which ended on Tuesday October 31) has not yet been paid. Only the bonus for the initial promo (which ended Aug 31) was paid.

Interestingly the bonus for PC Financial's Sept- Oct promo extension will be paid by the "new" bank, Simplii (at least it better pay up!).
Mar 14, 2010
233 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
utelurtz wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 10:56 am

No, we are still owed the bonus 1.5% on the extension of the promo to October 31st. That should be paid out in the next couple of weeks. Presumably, Simplii has taken over the investment and will pay up.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10576 posts
3372 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
pickles02 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 11:30 am
Actually, the bonus for the extension of the PC promotion (which ended on Tuesday October 31) has not yet been paid. Only the bonus for the initial promo (which ended Aug 31) was paid.
It's only November 3rd. I'd expect the promo interest to arrive in the next week or two. (Although not for me since PCF hasn't made me a promo offer the past couple of cycles.)
veni, vidi, Visa
Mar 14, 2010
233 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 1:07 pm
bylo wrote: ↑
The bonus came as a lump sum one or two weeks after the promo period ended. The exact day varied. Regular interest was paid monthly, promo or not.
That wasn't the question you were asked, bylo. The question was:

"Anyone with PCF, when was your bonus interest paid out ? Did you guys already receive the promo rate for the recent Oct 31 ended 2.5 % rate from PCF ?" Since you hadn't received the offer he referred to, perhaps you didn't know that the 2nd instyallment is still due.

Your answer implied that the bonus had been paid, hence my post.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10576 posts
3372 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Got it. My bad. Too many posts. Too little time to read carefully. Sorry.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1231 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
I'm surprised that PCF didn't pay out the bonus interest promptly. I've basically had my PCF account sit dormant for 2 years now because the bonuses they were offering were never better than Tangerine and basically once PCF burned me hard and left a really bad taste in my mouth so I just withdrew everything with them.

Now with Simplii seeing as how they are a "new" bank I thought I'd give them a try but I dont understand why if Tangerine can pay bonus interest rate the 1st day of the month why PCF and maybe Simplii needs a week to pay it out? Seems really backwards to me. The sooner they deposit that interest the sooner I can start earning compound on that!
Jun 24, 2015
93 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For PCF and now Simplii promotions, you have to read the rules carefully to ensure what is qualify and what not, otherwise, you may wait for 3 months before you realize that you don't get any bonus interest. Tangerine is better. You will know after 1 month.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1809 posts
125 upvotes
Guelph
Can money be deposited into chequing then moved to a savings account and still qualify for the promo?
Jun 24, 2015
93 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dtm252535 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 8:44 am
Can money be deposited into chequing then moved to a savings account and still qualify for the promo?
Only if money is deposited into a chequeing account after Oct 31 then moved to an eligible saving account will qualify for the promotion.
May 7, 2017
293 posts
121 upvotes
I got a hard check yesterday from CIBC.

I did not apply for any CIBC products but applied for this card... Did anyone else get a hard check when applied?

The following inquiries were generated because the listed company requested a copy of your credit report. An Inquiry made by a Creditor will automatically purge three (3) years from the date of the inquiry. The system will keep a minimum of five (5) inquiries.
2017-11-03 CIBC CLIENT ASSESSME (800)465-2422
2017-10-29 TDCT (866)222-3456
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
1753 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
Where does everyone check their credit report and hard or soft pull activities for free? Guide me to the thread if there is one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
3351 posts
667 upvotes
Their site layout ... is not too bad nowadays.

Did this and that yesterday ... - set up new biller ... made post-dated bill payment and post-dated transfer ... Everything looks and works smooth, fast etc.

Prefer Simplii current website to Tangerine's current website.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)