• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 9:51 am
Jan 13, 2004
561 posts
38 upvotes
Scarborough
starbucksguy wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 2:06 pm
anyone know how to link tangerine savings account from simplii?

logon to your Simplii account.
On your Account Summary page. Click Transfers (on the left side)
Under Transfers, click Add Accounts

"Your other financial institution's bank, transit and account numbers can be found on the bottom of your cheques. Be sure to include all the digits in your account number, as the number of digits may vary depending on your financial institution. If you do not have pre-printed cheques, ask your financial institution for this information and get a customized account confirmation form. (Detailed instructions will follow on the Add Account confirmation page.)

Conditions for adding an account:
You must send in a void cheque or a customized account confirmation form to complete this request. The address will follow.
The cheque or customized account confirmation form must have your name preprinted on it.
The name on your account with the other financial institution must match your name on your Simplii Financial accounts.
Only personal accounts will be accepted. Business accounts cannot be added.
Accounts which require multiple signatures to transfer cannot be added.
Accounts must be with a Canadian financial institution and funded in Canadian dollars."
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
50 posts
13 upvotes
k2200 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 6:02 pm

"Your other financial institution's bank, transit and account numbers can be found on the bottom of your cheques. Be sure to include all the digits in your account number, as the number of digits may vary depending on your financial institution. If you do not have pre-printed cheques, ask your financial institution for this information and get a customized account confirmation form. (Detailed instructions will follow on the Add Account confirmation page.)

You must send in a void cheque or a customized account confirmation form to complete this request. The address will follow.
The cheque or customized account confirmation form must have your name preprinted on it.
The name on your account with the other financial institution must match your name on your Simplii Financial accounts.
Accounts must be with a Canadian financial institution and funded in Canadian dollars."
I wish they could change this to 2 Micro deposits which you then have to confirm. The way you do when adding external accounts from Tangerine side.

Simplii should make it more Simple. Hopefully they get rid of the 1 day delay for internal transfer from Savings to Chequing.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10529 posts
3342 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
fasterfeney wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 11:27 pm
Simplii should make it more Simple.
They did--sort of. At PCF, "You must send in a void cheque." But that had to be preprinted with your name and current address. An old address would be rejected, as would a confirmation from your bank. So you'd have to get a new set of cheques printed at your expense.

Now at least, "If you do not have pre-printed cheques, ask your financial institution for [your other financial institution's bank, transit and account numbers] and get a customized account confirmation form."

Baby steps...
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1371 posts
244 upvotes
Vancouver
Does this promo mean that you get 3% only for deposits made between Nov 1 and Feb 28? Or that you have that amount of time to deposit and you will continue to earn 3% until they decide it not to do it anymore
Jun 24, 2015
91 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
john.canad wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 8:49 am
Does this promo mean that you get 3% only for deposits made between Nov 1 and Feb 28? Or that you have that amount of time to deposit and you will continue to earn 3% until they decide it not to do it anymore
Regular + promotion interest rate is 3% between Nov 1 and Feb 28. No promotion interest after Feb 28.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10529 posts
3342 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
15june wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 8:58 am
No promotion interest after Feb 28.
Unless they decide to offer a new promo starting in March, as they (PCF) and TING have been doing for the past several years.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jul 29, 2013
369 posts
138 upvotes
I missed the money transfer out of PC/Simplii by one day. The savings account was joint with me as the principle.

Would a new savings account opened only in my spouse's name be considered new money to receive the bonus?
Jun 24, 2015
91 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
profile wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:47 pm
I missed the money transfer out of PC/Simplii by one day. The savings account was joint with me as the principle.

Would a new savings account opened only in my spouse's name be considered new money to receive the bonus?
Yes.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4364 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
k2200 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 6:02 pm

This is suck, I rather link it up the other way around, although Tangerine only allow 3 external link-up. Before, when it is still PCF, I used to go tot he kiosk at No-Frills or Loblaws and gave them a void cheque.
Jan 29, 2017
496 posts
479 upvotes
profile wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:47 pm

Yes, she could also open a joint account with you where she is the primary depositor/holder and that account will be eligible as well.
Jan 13, 2004
561 posts
38 upvotes
Scarborough
So, I have both PCF and Tang accounts and have been playing the money go around game to earn the highest possible saving account interest. Longer story short. My money is in Tang at the moment and I waited for a few days to see what Tang will react to the Simplii 3% promo. I called in this morning to Tang to move my money to Simplii. I was asked why I moved the money and I said because of Simplii 3% promo. I was hoping they will match to 3%. I was put on hold for a minute and the CSR came back to offer 2.5% for 90 days (I am currently getting 2.75% from Oct 1 to Dec 31 :rolleyes: ). So, Money is on its way to Simplii. I am now waiting for the Jan promo from Tang now. Hope they will offer higher than 3%.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3107 posts
493 upvotes
GTA
Just a curious random thought. What are CIBC ABMs like nowadays? Are they as nice as the envelope-less ones BMO has?

Scotiabank ABMs feel archaic
Mar 23, 2004
36365 posts
3294 upvotes
Markham
Dave98 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 1:20 pm
Just a curious random thought. What are CIBC ABMs like nowadays? Are they as nice as the envelope-less ones BMO has?
Depends on the branch you go to. The one at Yonge/Bloor has envelope-less ATMs.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

hughjarce