Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Simplii Financial

3% promo on new deposits for 4 months from Simplii (No QC)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2018 1:13 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2017
1510 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto, ON
patrob wrote: I cannot believe they need you to mail anything in especially when it was so easy to set it up with EQ & Tangerine!!!! Angry Face I mean in this digital age why mail anything anymore when you don't need to with other banks?? So much for a new modern bank!!! Seriously??? And Tangerine has a limit of only 3 accounts you can link with so that doesn't help :facepalm: :facepalm: I think I will pass on using Simplii because it's not so simple anymore! Rant over.
Yes! I have the same first-hand experience to compare the process of linking accounts with Tangerine and EQ
Good indicator of how Simplii/CIBC is lagging in providing a first-class customer experience.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5739 upvotes
applied on Nov 1
i cant believe i am still dealing with them where is my bank card...call many times...
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11038 posts
1546 upvotes
Brampton
905P4N6 wrote: Yes! I have the same first-hand experience to compare the process of linking accounts with Tangerine and EQ
Good indicator of how Simplii/CIBC is lagging in providing a first-class customer experience.
Exactly, it's like they are stuck in mid 2000's :facepalm:
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
237 posts
428 upvotes
Canada
905P4N6 wrote: Good indicator of how Simplii/CIBC is lagging in providing a first-class customer experience.
Simplii/CIBC and RBC (don't know about TD & BNS) are all lagging behind in online banking comparing to EQ Tangerine etc.

I am still waiting for the bonus interest to show up in my RBC eSavings account, with the promotion ended on Dec 1 and bonus interest supposedly paid by Dec 4 . When I raised the question on line, I was told that they need to do a branch level investigation and I am not the only one complaining. What a mess.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
Has anyone encountered problem to set up external account links for transfer?

I have Tangerine and EQ Bank accounts. I do not have personal cheques with them. But Tangerine and EQ Bank have VOID cheques of my accounts for me to print out from computer. Simplii has refused to accept these two VOID cheques I sent them as originals and thus declined my applications to link up both my Tangerine and EQ Bank accounts.

I do not have Simplii chequeing account. Would I have a similar problem if I apply to Tangerine and EQ Bank to set up Simplii account links to push money into Simplii?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7476 upvotes
RFD
I guess what I said back on Nov 26 really does apply Face With Tears Of Joy
radeonboy wrote: Simplii - There's nothing simple about it.
ChiliPalmer wrote: Still not opened correctly yet, going on 5 weeks now.

Applied online Nov. 1
Received email for Signature Form & ID Check
Completed Signature Form online through Secure Messaging and did ID Check at Canada Post Office
Received bank card in the mail with intro package.
Received bank card pin # in the mail.
Need to call in to activate bank card - automated system not working.
Talk to a rep, told to call in another day as they can't set up a tele-banking pin as their system is down.

While talking to the various reps, got the following info:

Why credit check for a savings account?
It's so that they can choose x$ amount which they can free up immediately of your total daily deposit - in my case $1000
What was the second credit check for?
Seeing if I was open to other products although I wasn't interested in any. They indicated they can do one whenever they want as per the terms.
Transfer Information?
Transit # 30800 Institution # 010 Account Number is 10 digits starting with 00

I will try to call in later tonight and possibly tomorrow again to see if I can get Telebanking PIN setup so I can finally login to the bank account.
Fingers Crossed.

The only thing I'm thinking now is, is this bank even worth depositing any cash to.
Such a bad "everything" so far. Tsk Tsk 'Simplii' my a**.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7908 upvotes
Global Village
drdtyc wrote: Has anyone encountered problem to set up external account links for transfer?

I have Tangerine and EQ Bank accounts. I do not have personal cheques with them. But Tangerine and EQ Bank have VOID cheques of my accounts for me to print out from computer. Simplii has refused to accept these two VOID cheques I sent them as originals and thus declined my applications to link up both my Tangerine and EQ Bank accounts.

I do not have Simplii chequeing account. Would I have a similar problem if I apply to Tangerine and EQ Bank to set up Simplii account links to push money into Simplii?
No. Easier to link from the EQ & Tangerine sites to Simplii with no void cheque requirement.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
scoper wrote: No. Easier to link from the EQ & Tangerine sites to Simplii with no void cheque requirement.
Thanks!

Do I need to call Simplii to ask about Transit #, Bank# and account #?

I know the account # of my Simplii Saving account and not a chequeing account.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3566 posts
1038 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
At EQbank i linked by going to Pay & Transfer -> Linked bank accounts. I used the following information
- Simplii Financial institution number: 010
- Simplii Financial's transit number: 30800
- YOUR Simplii bank account number - XXXXXXXXXX (10 digit number for my Simplii High Interest Savings Account)

If the following form gives you difficulty try using a google chrome incognito tab. It wouldn't let me confirm everything in a normal tab. i called EQBank help and she suggested trying Chrome incognito mode and it worked perfectly.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1490 posts
336 upvotes
got everything setup, and transferred over $350k over to park it while earning high interest. Not a bad deal at all. Some frustrations up front, but calling them seemed to fix most of the chaos around setup and PAD.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5739 upvotes
qucik question..so i can deposit cheque ..how do i trasnfer the money out? can i link my other bank to Simplii account for future transfeR?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
kiasu wrote: qucik question..so i can deposit cheque ..how do i trasnfer the money out? can i link my other bank to Simplii account for future transfeR?
Yes, you can link from another bank to Simplii

Simplii Financial's Institution number: 010

Simplii Financial's Transit number: 30800

https://simplii.intelliresponse.com/?re ... sit+number

+ your Simplii account number

You can also link from Simplii to another institution but is a little less convenient than most (say Tangerine).
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
Simplii is off to a poor start already... way less convenient and efficient than Tangerine.
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7908 upvotes
Global Village
drdtyc wrote: Thanks!

Do I need to call Simplii to ask about Transit #, Bank# and account #?

I know the account # of my Simplii Saving account and not a chequeing account.
You can link the Simplii savings account directly to EQ and Tangerine, just input the savings account # along with the 010 bank # and the 30800 transit # for Simplii in the EQ and Tangerine sites instead of the chequing account #.
I did the same and don't have to bother moving $ from chequing to savings every time I do a transfer.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
scoper wrote: You can link the Simplii savings account directly to EQ and Tangerine, just input the savings account # along with the 010 bank # and the 30800 transit # for Simplii in the EQ and Tangerine sites instead of the chequing account #.
I did the same and don't have to bother moving $ from chequing to savings every time I do a transfer.
Thanks!

EQ and Tangerine are verifying external account links with such ease. They each will transfer 2 small sums to my Simplii account. All I need to do is to check my Simplii account in a few days time for those 2 small sums from each bank. Then login to EQ and Tangerine respectively to verify their links by entering the 2 small sums of each bank as evidences of being the holder of my Simplii account. So easy!

SImplii is using a very old fashioned way of verifying external account links requiring me to send in a Void cheque for each external bank account by mail. How obsolete!
Nov 17, 2017
45 posts
2 upvotes
Yeah I have RBC, EQ, and Simplii. So I'm just routing through eqbank to simplii right now.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
What's the best option for TFSA? Continue keeping the money in simplii / withdraw at the end of the year and hunt for a better one in the new year?
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan
Public Mobile 36$ 4gb plan
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11038 posts
1546 upvotes
Brampton
scoper wrote: No. Easier to link from the EQ & Tangerine sites to Simplii with no void cheque requirement.
Just too bad Tangerine has a limit of 3 linked accounts, unlike with EQ I don't think there is such a limit.

So I called Simplii two days ago and complained about the difficulty linking the new accounts etc. and was told they are now able to receive the void cheques through their secured email. I was pleasantly surprised and was told they just added this feature. I bet many people must have complained that's why lol So I generated the "void cheques" from EQ and Tangerine and sent them the screenshots and I filled out the direct deposit consent form online (signature is your password). So far EQ was linked tonight and still waiting for Tangerine to be added. So looks like there is hope after all ☺️Thumbs Up Sign
260 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
patrob wrote: Just too bad Tangerine has a limit of 3 linked accounts, unlike with EQ I don't think there is such a limit.

So I called Simplii two days ago and complained about the difficulty linking the new accounts etc. and was told they are now able to receive the void cheques through their secured email. I was pleasantly surprised and was told they just added this feature. I bet many people must have complained that's why lol So I generated the "void cheques" from EQ and Tangerine and sent them the screenshots and I filled out the direct deposit consent form online (signature is your password). So far EQ was linked tonight and still waiting for Tangerine to be added. So looks like there is hope after all ☺️Thumbs Up Sign

How do you generate "void cheque" from EQ ?
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11038 posts
1546 upvotes
Brampton
boon1 wrote: How do you generate "void cheque" from EQ ?
It's under Pay & Transfer then Pre-authorized transfers and you can see Generate void cheque.

You ca also do this with Tangerine but only from the chequing account not savings.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)