Hot Deals

[Simplii Financial] 3% promo on new deposits for 4 months from Simplii (No QC)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2018 1:58 pm
Mar 14, 2009
210 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
patrob wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 12:53 pm
It's under Pay & Transfer then Pre-authorized transfers and you can see Generate void cheque.

You ca also do this with Tangerine but only from the chequing account not savings.
Got it. Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2258 posts
630 upvotes
Global Village
patrob wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 2:13 am
Just too bad Tangerine has a limit of 3 linked accounts, unlike with EQ I don't think there is such a limit.

So I called Simplii two days ago and complained about the difficulty linking the new accounts etc. and was told they are now able to receive the void cheques through their secured email. I was pleasantly surprised and was told they just added this feature. I bet many people must have complained that's why lol So I generated the "void cheques" from EQ and Tangerine and sent them the screenshots and I filled out the direct deposit consent form online (signature is your password). So far EQ was linked tonight and still waiting for Tangerine to be added. So looks like there is hope after all ☺️Thumbs Up Sign
EQ has a limit of 10 accounts linked. Good to know about Simplii accepting void cheques by secure email now for links, thanks.
Jun 25, 2001
542 posts
113 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
patrob wrote:
Just too bad Tangerine has a limit of 3 linked accounts, unlike with EQ I don't think there is such a limit.

So I called Simplii two days ago and complained about the difficulty linking the new accounts etc. and was told they are now able to receive the void cheques through their secured email. I was pleasantly surprised and was told they just added this feature. I bet many people must have complained that's why lol So I generated the "void cheques" from EQ and Tangerine and sent them the screenshots and I filled out the direct deposit consent form online (signature is your password). So far EQ was linked tonight and still waiting for Tangerine to be added. So looks like there is hope after all ☺️Thumbs Up Sign
How do you send a secured email? I presume you didn't just send an email to talktous@simplii.com?
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
10614 posts
1170 upvotes
Brampton
dummjock wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 3:36 pm
How do you send a secured email? I presume you didn't just send an email to talktous@simplii.com?
You have to call them and they will email you and you reply back through their link and put your password etc.
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
1382 posts
250 upvotes
patrob wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 3:51 pm
You have to call them and they will email you and you reply back through their link and put your password etc.
Can you reuse the same secure mail that they sent during the account opening process?
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
10614 posts
1170 upvotes
Brampton
minimalist wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 6:08 pm
Can you reuse the same secure mail that they sent during the account opening process?
Probably not, you might want to confirm with them. I believe the link they send is only valid for certain amount of days.
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
7 posts
2 upvotes
patrob wrote:

I'm going to need to try again later. First time I tried, she told me that I needed to mail in a real cheque or get something signed at a branch and mail that in.

I have received secured emails before. I'm wondering if just replying to those ones is enough. EDIT: I see you mentioned you think that might not work.
Nov 18, 2015
608 posts
160 upvotes
barrist wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 6:21 pm
I’m sure this has been answeeed but when should I initiate the transfer from tangerine (promo up to dec 31) to Simplii
I always do it 3-5 days before. Some tell you the day before I never take chances. Ever. And I've always been offered a new rate with no cash in my account.
Jul 14, 2013
296 posts
19 upvotes
card activation via automated phone still not working?
Nov 17, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
n0thing wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 2:46 pm
card activation via automated phone still not working?
Just wait and you should get a human. You'll need to enter in your client card number.
Dec 3, 2010
6 posts
6 upvotes
WARNING FOR ALL SIMPLII CLIENTS

I hardly post anything, but this is something I wanted to share / warn everyone with those who has just recently opened an account. Horrible experience at Simplii today. Today I tried to schedule a deposit for tomorrow using the Simplii website. When I checked on my "Upcoming transfers" to make sure everything was in order, to my surprise the transfer was missing. I thought it was a system gliche so I programmed it again, hoping that a confirmation would show up on the upcoming transfers section. Nothing again. I got worried and called Simplii. Finally got hold of a representative after waiting for 30 mins. The representative told me that when you program a transfer, the system withdraws it IMMEDIATELY the day before even though I scheduled the transfer for TOMORROW's date. They said they can't even see the transaction and are unable to cancel it for me. So there I am, stuck with 2 transfers when my other institution only has enough money to cover 1 transfer. I told them all be charged with NSF fees at my other bank because of this. The representative transferred me over to a manager. There was NO help from her. She could have at least offered to cover my NSF fee since it was Simplii's website that messed up the transfer by not even showing a transfer has been programmed. Thus, misleading their customers to think that a no transaction was taken place.

Another problem that I encountered was transferring between Simplii saving accounts. Internal transfers DO NOT take place immediately. They are programmed ONE DAY AFTER your scheduled date. What kind of system is this?? What's the point of available funds on a savings account when you can't even use it immediately?? This screws up people's transactions and timing of payments.

I rather take Tangerine's 2.5% rate than deal with this company. Complete SCAM.
Nov 18, 2015
608 posts
160 upvotes
kkmochi wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 10:09 pm
WARNING FOR ALL SIMPLII CLIENTS

I hardly post anything, but this is something I wanted to share / warn everyone with those who has just recently opened an account. Horrible experience at Simplii today. Today I tried to schedule a deposit for tomorrow using the Simplii website. When I checked on my "Upcoming transfers" to make sure everything was in order, to my surprise the transfer was missing. I thought it was a system gliche so I programmed it again, hoping that a confirmation would show up on the upcoming transfers section. Nothing again. I got worried and called Simplii. Finally got hold of a representative after waiting for 30 mins. The representative told me that when you program a transfer, the system withdraws it IMMEDIATELY the day before even though I scheduled the transfer for TOMORROW's date. They said they can't even see the transaction and are unable to cancel it for me. So there I am, stuck with 2 transfers when my other institution only has enough money to cover 1 transfer. I told them all be charged with NSF fees at my other bank because of this. The representative transferred me over to a manager. There was NO help from her. She could have at least offered to cover my NSF fee since it was Simplii's website that messed up the transfer by not even showing a transfer has been programmed. Thus, misleading their customers to think that a no transaction was taken place.

Another problem that I encountered was transferring between Simplii saving accounts. Internal transfers DO NOT take place immediately. They are programmed ONE DAY AFTER your scheduled date. What kind of system is this?? What's the point of available funds on a savings account when you can't even use it immediately?? This screws up people's transactions and timing of payments.

I rather take Tangerine's 2.5% rate than deal with this company. Complete SCAM.
well your first mistake was doing it again. you should have called before monkeying around. 2ndly it has always been like that transferring cash. since the pcfinancial days. me thinks you should do your homework before bashing because you expect things your way. not sure how it's a scam. I'd call it waiting an extra business day....
Jan 28, 2008
38 posts
15 upvotes
Kitchener
kkmochi wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 10:09 pm
Not exactly accurate.
Transferring from a chequing to savings acct can be immediate. Transferring from a savings to chequing account must be scheduled at least one day in advance (not the same as saying it changes the day you schedule it for).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)