Expired Offers

Locked: 3% promo on new deposits for 4 months from Simplii (No QC)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2018 1:13 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
12666 posts
5022 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
gaogao wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 5:27 am
anyone received the new card? I have the old PC financial debit card, but still did not receive the new Simplii card by now
I just got the card on Friday. They sent me an e-mail a couple of days before to let me know the new card would come in the snail mail. It was in a plain envelope with no indication of the contents. If I hadn't felt the hard plastic card inside I'd have assumed it was "spam" mail and tossed it without opening.
veni, vidi, Visa
Sep 12, 2008
340 posts
148 upvotes
gaogao wrote:
anyone received the new card? I have the old PC financial debit card, but still did not receive the new Simplii card by now
From their website:

"We will send you a new Simplii FinancialTM debit card with the same card number and PIN, between November 1, 2017 and April 13, 2018."
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1171 posts
22 upvotes
GTA
second2 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 7:34 am
From their website:

"We will send you a new Simplii FinancialTM debit card with the same card number and PIN, between November 1, 2017 and April 13, 2018."
I received mine a few weeks ago.
Jan 29, 2017
878 posts
739 upvotes
Adamshannon wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 11:09 pm
Hi,

My mom is very late in Simplii promo.
At present, she opened Simplii account and submitted documents. Now, waiting for debit card. (Somehow she felt that account opening with Simplii is more time consuming and many steps than EQ).

She wants to transfer money to Simplii asap however, I understand that she cannot access to Simplii account OR transfer money to Simplii until she receives Simplii's debit card, Is that correct?

Her questions are:
1: Should she connect Simplii with EQ or Tangerine? Which one is easy and prompt?
2: If you suggest EQ, how to do that? How many days it takes?
3: If you suggest Tangerine, how to do that? How many days it takes? (She has chequing and savings with Tangerine) ?

TIA
She can link both accounts to Simplii to be more future proof. Keep in mind Tangerine can link up to 3 accounts, EQ I think it is 10. Both linking can be done from respective portals.

You need your Simplii account number + the following

Simplii Financial's Institution number: 010.
Simplii Financial's Transit number: 30800.
Aug 7, 2015
161 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I'm fairly late to this thread. If I deposit my money today into my Simplii account, how long will my money benefit from the 3% promo?
Oct 3, 2015
417 posts
361 upvotes
Midland, ON
Niroxu wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:45 pm
I'm fairly late to this thread. If I deposit my money today into my Simplii account, how long will my money benefit from the 3% promo?
Only until the end of January. Edit: February.
Last edited by TheMadMax on Jan 10th, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1435 posts
458 upvotes
GTA
TheMadMax wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:47 pm
Only until the end of January.
Niroxu wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:45 pm
It is till the end of February. Clearly states it right on the Simplii home page.
Nov 29, 2017
806 posts
537 upvotes
gaogao wrote:
Omakase wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 2:03 pm
on a side note, that's one simplii ugly debit card I just received Face Screaming In Fear
Aug 7, 2015
161 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
TheMadMax wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:47 pm
Only until the end of January. Edit: February.
Britex wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:49 pm
It is till the end of February. Clearly states it right on the Simplii home page.
Thank you both! Guess I missed this boat. Where would you recommend I park my money now if I desire more than 1% annual return? I'm hoping to avoid term deposits or any investment vehicle that locks up my money for over a year.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1435 posts
458 upvotes
GTA
Niroxu wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:56 pm
Thank you both! Guess I missed this boat. Where would you recommend I park my money now if I desire more than 1% annual return? I'm hoping to avoid term deposits or any investment vehicle that locks up my money for over a year.
EQ Bank has a consistent 2.3% whereas Tangerine is giving 2.5% till the end of May. Another way to look at it is Tangerine is guaranteed 2.5% till end of May whereas EQ Bank could drop it next week, or next year, or increase it, or ?

Sorry, I should clarify, Tangerine's 2.5% offer is more targeted thus you may or may not receive it... Lots of games these financial institutions play. I suppose for simplicity sake you might want to just drop it in EQ and be done with it.
Aug 7, 2015
161 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Britex wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 9:05 pm
EQ Bank has a consistent 2.3% whereas Tangerine is giving 2.5% till the end of May. Another way to look at it is Tangerine is guaranteed 2.5% till end of May whereas EQ Bank could drop it next week, or next year, or increase it, or ?

Sorry, I should clarify, Tangerine's 2.5% offer is more targeted thus you may or may not receive it... Lots of games these financial institutions play. I suppose for simplicity sake you might want to just drop it in EQ and be done with it.
You're so informed and I'm actually so impressed. Thank you for the helpful guidance! I'll open an account with EQ.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2632 posts
704 upvotes
Global Village
Niroxu wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:56 pm
Guess I missed this boat. Where would you recommend I park my money now if I desire more than 1% annual return? I'm hoping to avoid term deposits or any investment vehicle that locks up my money for over a year.
Simplii is bound to have other offers after this 1. The RFD move to consider is open Simplii as well as EQ and Tangerine accounts, link them online through EQ and transfer $ to the highest bidder at any given time.
All day I dream about sports
Jun 23, 2017
376 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gaogao wrote:
yes. me and the wifey both got ours weeks ago. working just fine.
Jan 29, 2017
878 posts
739 upvotes
Britex wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 9:05 pm

Tangerine's offer is not a guaranteed 2.5%. Offer guarantees 1.5% fixed + base which is 1% variable. Base may change up or down and so will the total interest rate.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16420 posts
2080 upvotes
peli33 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 1:59 pm
Tangerine's offer is not a guaranteed 2.5%. Offer guarantees 1.5% fixed + base which is 1% variable. Base may change up or down and so will the total interest rate.
If you call in, you can get 2.5% interest on existing funds for 90 days... but you have to play the "I'm leaving" game :(

They used to give it out easily, but I had to get my request escalated recently.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)