Expired Offers

Locked: 3% promo on new deposits for 4 months from Simplii (No QC)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2018 1:13 pm
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1435 posts
458 upvotes
GTA
peli33 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 1:59 pm
Tangerine's offer is not a guaranteed 2.5%. Offer guarantees 1.5% fixed + base which is 1% variable. Base may change up or down and so will the total interest rate.
My experience is they tend to keep their offer rate the same. So, if the base rate goes up, they lower the bonus rate and vice versa if the base rate goes down. That's why they call it "bonus" and not "fixed".
Jan 29, 2017
878 posts
739 upvotes
Britex wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 3:36 pm
My experience is they tend to keep their offer rate the same. So, if the base rate goes up, they lower the bonus rate and vice versa if the base rate goes down. That's why they call it "bonus" and not "fixed".
Terms are pretty clear"
*2.50% interest rate Offer is calculated by adding the Bank's current applicable Posted Rate with the Additional Interest rate of 1.50%.
1.50% is hard written and cannot be modified for the duration of promotion.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1435 posts
458 upvotes
GTA
peli33 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 5:08 pm
Terms are pretty clear"

1.50% is hard written and cannot be modified for the duration of promotion.
Again, my previous experience was that they would add or subtract the rate in order to get to the same resultant rate. Perhaps they've changed the rules now - which is good since rates are going up now. Obviously they don't anticipate too much change in the 4 month duration.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
10710 posts
1232 upvotes
Brampton
Britex wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 7:49 pm
I had the same experience pushing from Simplii to EQ where the transaction gets reversed. However, pushing from Simplii to Tangerine works. I've talked to EQ and they are saying it's an invalid name being pushed from Simplii. Right now it would appear some kind of configuration is incorrect on Simplii's side but will call on Monday and see if Simplii can dig further and hopefully get this resolved.
OMG this is exactly what happened to me today, EQ denied a pull from Simplii due to incorrect name Angry Face Apparently EQ will deny if the name on the transfer request does not show your correct name, apparently Simplii put "INVALID CUST" as my name :facepalm: This is becoming a nightmare now seriously ridiculous! And EQ said this has been happening a lot from Simplii lately and when speaking with Simplii, they said never heard of such issue, they told me they do the same thing with all other big bank transfers and never have problems. To avoid this from happening again, I was told to do a push from EQ but I much prefer to do it the other way around. They better fix this soon!
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
1435 posts
458 upvotes
GTA
patrob wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 11:48 pm
OMG this is exactly what happened to me today, EQ denied a pull from Simplii due to incorrect name Angry Face Apparently EQ will deny if the name on the transfer request does not show your correct name, apparently Simplii put "INVALID CUST" as my name :facepalm: This is becoming a nightmare now seriously ridiculous! And EQ said this has been happening a lot from Simplii lately and when speaking with Simplii, they said never heard of such issue, they told me they do the same thing with all other big bank transfers and never have problems. To avoid this from happening again, I was told to do a push from EQ but I much prefer to do it the other way around. They better fix this soon!
Yes, it's happening to numerous people and of course they all claim it's the other's fault. In any case, I tried to explain the situation and fortunately got a CSR at Simplii who opened a technical support ticket to review why this occurs. Got no reference # or anything, but, will attempt the transfer again next week and follow up again if it fails. I'd advise calling in to Simplii as well and ask them to open a support ticket so they don't brush it off as "one of" or some other lame excuse.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
10710 posts
1232 upvotes
Brampton
Britex wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:49 am
Yes, it's happening to numerous people and of course they all claim it's the other's fault. In any case, I tried to explain the situation and fortunately got a CSR at Simplii who opened a technical support ticket to review why this occurs. Got no reference # or anything, but, will attempt the transfer again next week and follow up again if it fails. I'd advise calling in to Simplii as well and ask them to open a support ticket so they don't brush it off as "one of" or some other lame excuse.
Yes did the same thing, they will investigate further. I was even promised missing interest because of this so I'll definitely keep on top of it until it's paid accordingly :) Hopefully they will not brush this issue off if it's happening to other people!
452 posts
43 upvotes
patrob wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 11:48 pm
I'm confused, what do you meant by incorrect name? Why are there so many problem issued by Simplii?
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
10710 posts
1232 upvotes
Brampton
Dealfinder111 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:14 pm
I'm confused, what do you meant by incorrect name? Why are there so many problem issued by Simplii?
Instead of putting my first and last name, they put INVALID CUST lol So EQ will deny a transfer request if your name is not spelled correctly. Go figure, Simplii not so Simple!
Feb 1, 2006
1837 posts
392 upvotes
patrob wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:50 pm
Instead of putting my first and last name, they put INVALID CUST lol So EQ will deny a transfer request if your name is not spelled correctly. Go figure, Simplii not so Simple!
So they intentionally sabotaged us?
Alterna Savings Visa Infinite
2% cold hard cash on everything, no caps, VISA acceptance
48 day medical insurance, trip cxl, trip interrupt
Discuss here
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
10710 posts
1232 upvotes
Brampton
minimalist wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 12:29 pm
So they intentionally sabotaged us?
Looks like! Their response was, we've been doing it the same way for years with other banks lol Until EQ comes along and spots the error :facepalm:
Sep 3, 2016
106 posts
8 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Is it too late to jump on this?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2632 posts
704 upvotes
Global Village
jtm024 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 8:39 pm
Promo bonus is paid till end of Feb and they may extend or do another offer soon so I'd say no. Check out Tangerine's 2.5% till May offer also though.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
1035 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
jtm024 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 8:39 pm
A lot of people mentioned here that it took more then one month to get the account operational.
Sep 3, 2016
106 posts
8 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
andrew4321 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 2:38 pm
A lot of people mentioned here that it took more then one month to get the account operational.
I've done all the requirements, and just waiting for my card to be mailed out now.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1259 posts
238 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
kkmochi wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 4:16 pm
Wow that's terrible. Which is why most of us would probably leave a smaller amount in our chequing account in order to maximize the interest in the savings and transfer the funds when needed. I'm surprised this horrible banking practice is still around since the day PC started. I'm sure many people complained about it before and no one cares to fix it. Pretty much PC/ Simplii wants to grab your money immediately one day your deposit, but wants to delay giving you the money when you withdraw. Both scenarios they keep the assets 1 extra day longer and are able to lend it out to people at a higher interest rate for their mortgages/ loans/ Line of credits. Talk about bad banking practices and manipulation.
You do realize you get the interest for that day, right? It's not like the money disappears the moment you set up the transfer.