Expired Offers

Locked: 3% promo on new deposits for 4 months from Simplii (No QC)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2018 1:13 pm
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1415 posts
454 upvotes
GTA
Good and bad news concerning the reversal of funds when transferring from Simplii to EQ -> The good news is they are aware of and are working on the issue. The bad news is they still don't know how or why it's behaving this way. This is rather odd to me since, from what EQ has said, Simplii is sending "INVALID CUST" instead of the actual customer's name. If this is true then you would know what the problem is and a solution should be fairly easy. Seeing as how CIBC is a big bureaucracy, they are probably busy hunting for the witch instead of the solution...
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
1012 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
What time is Simplii usually posting the EFT deposits? I have made a deposit which when made was dated as Jan 19. I got the confirmation number and yesterday I was able to see it under "upcoming transfers". Today as of 9:20am I cannot see it anywhere, it is no posted on the account and it is not "Upcoming" either.
Apr 9, 2010
865 posts
486 upvotes
Toronto
andrew4321 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 9:17 am
What time is Simplii usually posting the EFT deposits? I have made a deposit which when made was dated as Jan 19. I got the confirmation number and yesterday I was able to see it under "upcoming transfers". Today as of 9:20am I cannot see it anywhere, it is no posted on the account and it is not "Upcoming" either.
Simplii does that, it's not great. The day after your transaction it will disappear and not be in pending or posted. However, it will post the next business day. I figured this out by accident, scared myself when my money went "missing", but apparently it's normal. =/
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1355 posts
306 upvotes
andrew4321 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 9:17 am
I remember seeing a message on their site saying you won't see the transaction anywhere on the day it's supposed to be processed so you should be fine. I don't know why they do it that way.
Jun 3, 2007
53 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
minimalist wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 5:36 pm
I was able to link Tangerine Savings with Simplii. You have to contact Tangerine and get an "Account Information Form/Letter" with your savings account number, transit and bank number as well as a Tangerine Bank stamp. Register the Tangerine Savings account with Simplii in your online banking.
How do you register the account? I may be going blind, because I can't find an option to do this...
Penalty Box
Jul 17, 2008
8200 posts
1666 upvotes
cessnabmw wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 12:58 pm
So.. just got an email from Tangerine for a 2.5% rate.

Simplii ends on Feb 28th for the 3%.

Can I move my money from Simplii to Tangerine on March 1st?
I'd move it just before 28 feb (so on Monday 26 feb). That way in case simplii decides to continue with the regular promo you can continue playing the game if they offer better than 2.5%
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1739 posts
513 upvotes
cessnabmw wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 12:58 pm
So.. just got an email from Tangerine for a 2.5% rate.

Simplii ends on Feb 28th for the 3%.

Can I move my money from Simplii to Tangerine on March 1st?
If you want to play that game, then you should move out your money a few days before Feb 28 to whoever pays the highest rate, currently Tangerine. We will see if Simplii has another promotion, and if so, on all deposits or only new deposits. It is unlikely the promo will be on existing deposits and excluding new deposits.
Feb 20, 2004
865 posts
290 upvotes
I'm thinking to be safe for myself maybe pull Simplii funds from Tangerine's side or initiation on the 23rd. Then the transactions will be done on the 26th or maybe 27th. I think that will be enough days. That is a good point to pull out before March 1st to see if Simplii has a better offer then Tang.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
1012 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone else have problems with INTERAC e-Transfer in this morning? I have initiated one 1h30min ago and no email yet.
Apr 23, 2017
144 posts
83 upvotes
andrew4321 wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 10:01 am
Does anyone else have problems with INTERAC e-Transfer in this morning? I have initiated one 1h30min ago and no email yet.
Looks like interac is down across all banks and they are working to fix it. Saw the message on CIBC site this morning
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1394 posts
368 upvotes
Winnipeg
andrew4321 wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 10:01 am
yugsekwaf wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 10:29 am
Looks like interac is down across all banks and they are working to fix it. Saw the message on CIBC site this morning
Came here to ask the same question. Sent interac more than 3 hours ago, and no email yet... good to know that they are working on it.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
1012 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
mbmbkop wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 10:36 am
Came here to ask the same question. Sent interac more than 3 hours ago, and no email yet... good to know that they are working on it.
almost 5 hours here. Is there any fee for canceling an undelivered EMT?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1394 posts
368 upvotes
Winnipeg
andrew4321 wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 1:14 pm
almost 5 hours here. Is there any fee for canceling an undelivered EMT?
I just got mine. Took more than 6 hours, so I'd wait for a few more hours if I were you. No, there should not be any fees for canceling an undelivered EMT.
Mar 1, 2010
821 posts
208 upvotes
which is quicker? transferring from Simplii to EQ or writing a personal cheque and using EQ's App to deposite money into EQ ?