Expired Offers

Locked: 3% promo on new deposits for 4 months from Simplii (No QC)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2018 1:13 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
12581 posts
4929 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Brick Problems wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 3:45 pm
1. if I recall calling Simplii it has been at least 15-30 or more minute hold time.
How recent was that? They had very short wait times before the transition to Simplii and the 3% offer in Nov17. That resulted in massive volumes of calls--then. But by now things should have calmed down--at least until it gets close to 28Feb, the promo ends and everyone is trying to move money out in anticipation of the next promo.
2. my wife has her own Simplii card # so not sure if they will give me any info.
That would be enough to answer your original question. If "which makes me think they are all joint" they'll confirm it and explain how they establish primary, which account(s) qualify for 3%, etc. If they won't confirm this about her account then it's not joint. Then you could ask a hypothetical question about whether a spouse's individual account is also considered primary. This isn't rocket science.
3. I can make transfers out of her account so I think they are probably joint.
There you go...
I forgot to mention, I was going to use Tangerine system to pull the money from Simplii and just wondered if Simplii had a daily account withdrawal limit even though the individual amounts were $100K each.
Actually I just made future transfers using Tangerine to move money so they should work unless Simplii has set limits.
Again, call Simplii and ask. If you have to wait more then a few minutes, then give up on calling them.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7241 posts
442 upvotes
Has anyone done a pull from Simplii to Tangerine? If so, how long did it take for the funds to arrive from Simplii?
Signature removed due to external link rule violation.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1419 posts
481 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 1:07 am
Has anyone done a pull from Simplii to Tangerine? If so, how long did it take for the funds to arrive from Simplii?
Longer than it should. Simplii, like PC, seems to be terrible with transfer times. Tangerine has been great
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
6549 posts
2431 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote:
It's much faster if you do a push from Simplii to Tangerine.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2561 posts
680 upvotes
Global Village
Frankie3s wrote:
When I schedule a pull from Simplii on the Tangerine site the $ always arrives to Tangerine within 2 business days.
All day I dream about sports
Jan 27, 2017
55 posts
9 upvotes
1. Will Simplii be having another promotion after this one runs out?
2. Keep in mind it takes 1 business day from move savings to chequing on Simplii. What day should we transfer founds out from Simplii chequing to Tangerine (or other bank) to ensure we get a promotion again after this one ends at the end of February?

3. What is faster. A pull on Tangerine's site for the funds from Simplii. Or push from Simplii to Tangerine.
4. Also, what time should these pulls or pushes ideally be made?
Mar 13, 2017
176 posts
25 upvotes
Two questions:

1. Are there any welcome bonuses for opening a chequing account here?

2. I get paid through wire transfer and absolutely need this feature. Does this institution allow for these? I know tangerine doesn't.
Mar 7, 2012
120 posts
21 upvotes
WINNIPEG
beatles89 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2018 12:13 pm
Two questions:

1. Are there any welcome bonuses for opening a chequing account here?

2. I get paid through wire transfer and absolutely need this feature. Does this institution allow for these? I know tangerine doesn't.
1. No. (It's possible there may offer 20,000 ($20) promo points again some day. Or maybe a free bag of cookies.

2. They do accept wire transfers under "More Services". I'll PM you the text from the web page about it.
Mar 11, 2006
141 posts
51 upvotes
Edmonton
EDM2K17 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 4:47 pm
1. Will Simplii be having another promotion after this one runs out?
2. Keep in mind it takes 1 business day from move savings to chequing on Simplii. What day should we transfer founds out from Simplii chequing to Tangerine (or other bank) to ensure we get a promotion again after this one ends at the end of February?
3. What is faster. A pull on Tangerine's site for the funds from Simplii. Or push from Simplii to Tangerine.
4. Also, what time should these pulls or pushes ideally be made?
I'm also planning to pull out of simplii before the promotion ends to take advantage of any future offers. Will pull from Tangerine to avoid the 100k limit on simplii and plan to do it on Feb 22 to have enough time (72 business hours) until the promotion ends.
Oct 25, 2005
758 posts
298 upvotes
These guys have no idea how to spell the word privacy
I would advise a huge stay away from them

In process of lodging another formal complaint
Jan 8, 2006
724 posts
137 upvotes
kav2001c wrote:
Feb 19th, 2018 1:05 am
These guys have no idea how to spell the word privacy
I would advise a huge stay away from them

In process of lodging another formal complaint
Can you share details?
Oct 25, 2005
758 posts
298 upvotes
jamex wrote:
Feb 19th, 2018 9:31 am
Can you share details?
Twice (once as PC Finance, now once as the new Simpli) they literally just pulled my info out of their database and issued me a card

I was a CIBC client a LONG time ago (we are talking 10+ years at this point, even under basic Canadian banking laws a $0 account would have been cancelled / closed for no activity supposedly)
Yet I got the email about my new card in the mail and sure enough it arrived

I filed complaint to everyone I can think of from PIPEDA to consumer protection
We shall see what happens

But either way I was NEVER a PC nor a Simpli client and I take serious issue with them issuing cards to me
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2561 posts
680 upvotes
Global Village
kav2001c wrote:
Feb 19th, 2018 2:33 pm
Twice (once as PC Finance, now once as the new Simpli) they literally just pulled my info out of their database and issued me a card

I was a CIBC client a LONG time ago (we are talking 10+ years at this point, even under basic Canadian banking laws a $0 account would have been cancelled / closed for no activity supposedly)
Yet I got the email about my new card in the mail and sure enough it arrived

I filed complaint to everyone I can think of from PIPEDA to consumer protection
We shall see what happens

But either way I was NEVER a PC nor a Simpli client and I take serious issue with them issuing cards to me
Sounds like someone with access to your info opened a PCF account at some pre-Simplii point without your knowledge. CIBC and PCF account management systems weren't linked so it would be impossible for a new PCF account to be created without account opening activity by someone outside the bank.
All day I dream about sports
Oct 25, 2005
758 posts
298 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Feb 19th, 2018 9:23 pm
Sounds like someone with access to your info opened a PCF account at some pre-Simplii point without your knowledge. CIBC and PCF account management systems weren't linked so it would be impossible for a new PCF account to be created without account opening activity by someone outside the bank.
Nope they are definitely linked since CIBC does backend
The PCF people claimed they pulled missing account info directly from CIBC last time I blew up on them

Trust me there already was an investigation the first time
If fraud I am sure bank would happily blame someone else
May 26, 2011
296 posts
138 upvotes
taipan wrote:
Feb 19th, 2018 12:40 am
I'm also planning to pull out of simplii before the promotion ends to take advantage of any future offers. Will pull from Tangerine to avoid the 100k limit on simplii and plan to do it on Feb 22 to have enough time (72 business hours) until the promotion ends.
Im starting my fund evacuation to tangerine at 2.5%, because I need to have it move from saving to chequeing first. At 3%/yr, taxable, a few days won't make much difference to most people. Better safe than sorry.
Koodo, Freedom Mobile, booking.com, airbnb, AMEX, Carrot, EQ, PayTM and Tangerine customer.