Expired Hot Deals

[Simplii Financial] Get $30 for making an international transfer. CAD$100 minimum transfer.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2019 10:26 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1308 posts
80 upvotes
I have a simplii account with the Simplii FinancialTM Global Money Transfer option ENABLED
But I have no reason to transfer the minimal $100 to my own RBCBANK.COM (RBC George) .... how do I get a $30 reward for trying out their service ?

EDIT:

Clicked on link in OP's post
Applied coupon code SIMPLIIGMT
Code was applied successfully
Sent myself $100 CAD
Now waiting to get my $30CAD deposited into my account! Any idea how long that's supposed to take?
[Call To Action] ✈ New air travel rules: Canadians are in for a rude awakening🍁

Thank You RFD Community! 🤘
2019: 📶Umidigi A5 Pro, 📱PayTM, 🏧HSBC, 💸Coast Capital, 🚗Turo, 💳Stack Financial, 🍽SkipTheDishes, 🍷LCBO, ✈RBC WestJet
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9617 posts
2459 upvotes
I also have a foreign account if anyone wants to take advantage of the promo. You can check my profile here on RFD and BST for trustworthiness. Or you can always get in touch with the Nigerian prince :)
Sep 14, 2018
61 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
Is anyone else having issues with the Global Money Transfer function this morning? It shows as a menu option for me in the app and on the website however loads the page with an error message at the top and doesn't allow you to select the receiving country.

The new customer promo for this is also an even better offer - you receive $70 if you make a transfer within 60 days of opening your account, same promo code.
Jul 21, 2006
508 posts
60 upvotes
Just a note for those considering using this service. I have a US bank account in the US that I use for shopping. I did a transfer from Simplii to the account, and that bank charged me $15 USD in wire transfer fee, so you may want to check this for your situation. It may not be worthwhile.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1308 posts
80 upvotes
dpolites wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 1:38 pm
Just a note for those considering using this service. I have a US bank account in the US that I use for shopping. I did a transfer from Simplii to the account, and that bank charged me $15 USD in wire transfer fee, so you may want to check this for your situation. It may not be worthwhile.
Yep that's what happens to me... Thieves
[Call To Action] ✈ New air travel rules: Canadians are in for a rude awakening🍁

Thank You RFD Community! 🤘
2019: 📶Umidigi A5 Pro, 📱PayTM, 🏧HSBC, 💸Coast Capital, 🚗Turo, 💳Stack Financial, 🍽SkipTheDishes, 🍷LCBO, ✈RBC WestJet
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1447 posts
862 upvotes
dpolites wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 1:38 pm
grilw wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 5:56 pm
Yep that's what happens to me... Thieves
Just to make sure I'm understanding this, the FI deducts $15 fee for the transfer so net profit here is $30 - 15 = $15?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1074 posts
1978 upvotes
Markham
adilh53 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 6:14 pm
Just to make sure I'm understanding this, the FI deducts $15 fee for the transfer so net profit here is $30 - 15 = $15?
No, the net profit is $30 CAD - $15 USD - a few dollars in spread (both ways, if you plan to move the money back into CAD) = Not worth the trouble.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11632 posts
3011 upvotes
GTA
WellHung wrote:
May 30th, 2019 4:24 am
Compare the estimated transfered amount with transferwise, nothing beats their rates, to see if you're losing on the exchange.
Nothing comes close. I sent 20k to europe the other day and when I was in the bank asked what their rate was. The receiver would've received 300 Euro less if I sent it through the bank. Love transferwise, even their CSRs are awesome.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 3, 2017
13 posts
5 upvotes
Looked at transferwise however still find xe money transfer offers a better rate. Pretty solid app as well
Penalty Box
Apr 19, 2017
828 posts
645 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 6:46 pm
Nothing comes close. I sent 20k to europe the other day and when I was in the bank asked what their rate was. The receiver would've received 300 Euro less if I sent it through the bank. Love transferwise, even their CSRs are awesome.
+1 for Transferwise. Especially the free first $800 with referral.
CucuCovers, GreatCanadianRebates, LendingLoop, Mintos, PayMi, Stack, Tangerine, TransferWise, Uber, Wealthsimple
[OP]
Oct 19, 2009
191 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Simplii fixed their referral link. When used, it briefly shows "Verifying referral." before dropping you on a Simplii page.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
1612 posts
697 upvotes
treo222 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 10:35 pm
Looked at transferwise however still find xe money transfer offers a better rate. Pretty solid app as well
The rate on XE's homepage is not their real rate. XE only shows you the real rate after you login.

TW: $1000 CAD gets you $741.03 USD
XE: $1000 CAD gets you $738.70 USD
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2421 posts
1946 upvotes
Calgary
IEpicDestroyer wrote:
Jun 4th, 2019 1:46 pm
Can’t you wire this to your Transferwise horseless account? Just wire it to the US and then convert it back and withdraw to bank account?
I'm sure you meant "borderless" and not horseless. ;-)

With Transferwise borderless, you can avoid the $15 US wire charges. Here's how from your Canadian bank: Direct debit, local bank transfer, credit or debit card, online bill transfer. You will end up paying currency conversion fees when you transfer via ACH (free) from TW to your US bank. So, this thread is moot if you use TW.

https://transferwise.com/help/14/curren ... sfers#From
In your pants!
Mar 23, 2009
560 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone has an hsbc USA premier account, I got mail the other day from them stating that the incoming and outgoing wire transfer fees are now waived. I'll try out the simplii transfer to that account.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)