Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2105 posts
875 upvotes
Winnipeg
titaniumtux wrote:
May 15th, 2018 12:47 pm
Article on Mobile Syrup.

This is a big step forward. Finally I have a card that works with Android Pay.
Here's the existing thread I started on May 8

Simplii Financial now supports Samsung Pay, Google Pay, and Apple Pay - RedFlagDeals.com Forums https://forums.redflagdeals.com/simplii ... y-2192308/

Have a good day :)
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3464 posts
709 upvotes
GTA
It's nice and all but debit cards... meh. At least that means if they release a credit card in the future then adoption for that should hopefully be quick
May 8, 2009
6437 posts
2685 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Shawguy wrote:
May 15th, 2018 6:38 pm
Here's the existing thread I started on May 8

Simplii Financial now supports Samsung Pay, Google Pay, and Apple Pay - RedFlagDeals.com Forums https://forums.redflagdeals.com/simplii ... y-2192308/

Have a good day :)
Merged and thank you.
Dave98 wrote:
May 15th, 2018 7:43 pm
It's nice and all but debit cards... meh. At least that means if they release a credit card in the future then adoption for that should hopefully be quick
+1

Simplii credit cards coming in the fall. Though no official announcement afaik, CSR's have leaked the info to me so far.

Google Pay has its own targetted offers. Aside Simplii debit card, I don't have a single card that works in Google Pay. This is a nice step forward Smiling Face With Sunglasses
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3464 posts
709 upvotes
GTA
titaniumtux wrote:
May 15th, 2018 7:55 pm
Merged and thank you.

+1

Simplii credit cards coming in the fall. Though no official announcement afaik, CSR's have leaked the info to me so far.

Google Pay has its own targetted offers. Aside Simplii debit card, I don't have a single card that works in Google Pay. This is a nice step forward Smiling Face With Sunglasses
One nice thing is that once you get one card added, you can now go and add others like points cards and gift cards.
May 8, 2009
6437 posts
2685 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Dave98 wrote:
May 15th, 2018 8:20 pm
One nice thing is that once you get one card added, you can now go and add others like points cards and gift cards.
Correct. But only add them via barcode. If entering card number manually, it will not generate the barcode (unlike Stocard), so be equipped.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1176 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
Any way to increase the daily limit from $100?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2105 posts
875 upvotes
Winnipeg
TruBrush wrote:
May 15th, 2018 10:20 pm
I don't believe it's a daily limit, but more of a limit per transaction
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Jun 6, 2016
140 posts
57 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
TruBrush wrote:
May 15th, 2018 10:20 pm
It's not a daily limit, it's a "tap" limit imposed on the card (usually $100).
You can't do a transaction over $100 without entering a PIN, so you can't use Google Pay for over $100 either. It goes for all cards, not just Simplii.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1176 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
Alex383 wrote:
May 16th, 2018 7:11 am
It's not a daily limit, it's a "tap" limit imposed on the card (usually $100).
You can't do a transaction over $100 without entering a PIN, so you can't use Google Pay for over $100 either. It goes for all cards, not just Simplii.
So this can't be changed? I wanted to buy a fragrance with tap that ended up costing $110 after tax and had to leave empty-handed, because I didn't have a wallet on me.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3464 posts
709 upvotes
GTA
TruBrush wrote:
May 16th, 2018 1:00 pm
So this can't be changed? I wanted to buy a fragrance with tap that ended up costing $110 after tax and had to leave empty-handed, because I didn't have a wallet on me.
The tap limits are set by the banks as far as I know. I thought I read that they were supposed to remove this limit on phones in certain situations because the phone PIN code or fingerprint is supposed to act as a second authentication.

I guess that hasn't happened yet, if ever. Apparently AMEX cards don't have this limit but I can't confirm.
Feb 17, 2017
666 posts
388 upvotes
Calgary
Dave98 wrote:
May 16th, 2018 6:00 pm
The tap limits are set by the banks as far as I know. I thought I read that they were supposed to remove this limit on phones in certain situations because the phone PIN code or fingerprint is supposed to act as a second authentication.
They can, Mobile wallets support the consumer device verification method but unfortunately barely any terminals in Canada support it (and some Canadian banks decline transactions over 100 or 200$ on their mobile wallets anyway). I have no idea why it's taken so long. When they started rolling out mobile wallets in the UK and other parts of Europe, it only took about 6 to 12 months to roll it out on almost all terminals. I'm guessing the fact that the contactless limit in Europe is £/€30 made the need for a higher limit a bigger must.
Last edited by CanadianSpruce on May 16th, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 17, 2017
666 posts
388 upvotes
Calgary
TruBrush wrote:
May 16th, 2018 1:00 pm
You could have just asked them to do a split tender transaction. i.e. 100$ in one transaction and another 10$
May 8, 2009
6437 posts
2685 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Dave98 wrote:
May 16th, 2018 6:00 pm

I guess that hasn't happened yet, if ever. Apparently AMEX cards don't have this limit but I can't confirm.
The banks? Afaik it's interac that sets that limit. Even if AmEx allows exceeding it, doubt the point of sale terminal will process $100+ via tap.
CanadianSpruce wrote:
May 16th, 2018 7:41 pm
You could have just asked them to do a split tender transaction. i.e. 100$ in one transaction and another 10$
+1
Feb 17, 2017
666 posts
388 upvotes
Calgary
titaniumtux wrote:
May 19th, 2018 11:16 pm
The banks? Afaik it's interac that sets that limit. Even if AmEx allows exceeding it, doubt the point of sale terminal will process $100+ via tap.

+1
The reason many terminals support contactless for Amex on devices for over 100$ is that the consumer device verification method has been part of their contactless standard a lot longer, whereas CDCVM is only in the later versions of Visa/MCs contactless specs (Admittedly we're talking like 2013/2014, so acquirers in Canada really need to up their game). All newly deployed terminals should at least support CDCVM according to MC rules but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)