Simplii Financial (PCF) - Interac E-Transfers Now Included, Free and Unlimited

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 10:40 am
[OP]
Dec 7, 2016
91 posts
25 upvotes

Presidents Choice/Simpli Financial

I talked to a guy at PC today who told me they will stop charging $1.50 for an interac e transfer once they become Simpli Financial! That's good news for me as I use that option fairly often. I had opened a Tangerine acct. in order to avoid that charge and still have free banking.

PC also said they will be offering a really good interest rate for savings once they become Simpli Financial - also good news. This change happens on Nov. 1 so I will be looking to see what the deal is there.
90 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3302 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto
Well let's hope there's no interact charge but can't really trust the customer service rep.
[OP]
Dec 7, 2016
91 posts
25 upvotes
I hope they make it free. I have no reason to distrust him, but we will find out next week. If they are smart they will remove that fee.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
2704 posts
691 upvotes
i want to see a good savings rate long term. none of this 60 day or 90 day bull crap.
Just offer anything over 2 and I will quit EQ.

Interac being free would be icing on the cake.
[OP]
Dec 7, 2016
91 posts
25 upvotes
I hear you! A nice long good savings rate would be good. I told the guy I didnt want to have to get a Tangerine acct in order to have free e transfers but I did do it. He said that fee will be eliminated and I said I sure hope so.
Nov 18, 2015
575 posts
153 upvotes
Probably more of a bait customers in since its a new launch and in a year pull the cord. But for existing customers its a win even if temporary.
Sep 26, 2017
100 posts
33 upvotes
if they get rid of e-transfer fee, that would actually be really great.
I always e-transfer out once I get paid so this would be amazing!
[OP]
Dec 7, 2016
91 posts
25 upvotes
Agree. I e transfer someone once a week and to not have to pay that fee would be nice. Other banks can make it free so it needs to be free at PC/Simpli.
Mar 23, 2004
36370 posts
3295 upvotes
Markham
That's some good news actually if it's true, glad to hear :)
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
[OP]
Dec 7, 2016
91 posts
25 upvotes
We'll find out next week! It's not to their advantage to lie to customers, so I will assume it's true.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1228 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
funkynassau123 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 4:41 pm
We'll find out next week! It's not to their advantage to lie to customers, so I will assume it's true.
It's not about them intentionally lying. Generally customer service reps are the last to know anything and often times their interpretation of bits and pieces of info from head office is either misconstrued, misinterpreted or they are just plain misinformed.

I hope your information is accurate though as that would be good for us but I've learned over the years to tread cautiously with any information I get from a frontline customer service rep.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
3349 posts
667 upvotes
I saw something here - http://www.canadianrewards.net/2017/10/ ... ncial.html

"1) Simplii Financial will waive the Interac e-transfer fee after Nov 1, 2017"

... and called Simplii to verify this / to ask some questions about this ...

And I was told this is permanent thingy! ... FREE Interac e-transfer -- unlimited ... and permanently (not a promo) ... for example, vs. EQ Bank's 5 FREE Interac e-transfers / per month.

PCF used to charge $1.50 for each Interac e-transfer previously.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
3349 posts
667 upvotes
RBC is RBC ... and PCF / Simplii is totally different product ... --- so basically it would be like comparing apples and oranges :) ;)