Personal Finance

Simplii Financial (PCF) - Interac E-Transfers Now Included, Free and Unlimited

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 10:40 am
[OP]
Dec 7, 2016
81 posts
25 upvotes
So pleased the e transfers are now free! Also pleased the website is actually working on it's first day live!
Mar 23, 2004
36347 posts
3284 upvotes
Markham
Great news!! Too bad the e-transfers have to be through chequing and cant be done through savings.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1801 posts
549 upvotes
Winnipeg
angel_wing0 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 8:57 am
Great news!! Too bad the e-transfers have to be through chequing and cant be done through savings.
I haven't tried yet to see if they are free on the line of credit either... Anyone confirm?
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1520 posts
141 upvotes
Vancouver
Will there be free cheques?

Can’t see it from the website
Mar 23, 2004
36347 posts
3284 upvotes
Markham
Shawguy wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:05 am
I haven't tried yet to see if they are free on the line of credit either... Anyone confirm?
I sort of tried (as i didnt press confirm), the whole process did not mention any fee. But guess it's a moot point as anyone can just transfer money to CHQ to send free EMTs anyway.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
[OP]
Dec 7, 2016
81 posts
25 upvotes
vipjn wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:09 am

I read there's free cheques available, think I saw it where you read up on the interest rate deal they are offering, at the bottom of the page.
Feb 15, 2017
46 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
What about Apple Pay or Android Pay on the free chequing? I tried calling them but no luck getting through.
Sep 2, 2016
188 posts
9 upvotes
I just tried to open an account with a Québec address. Services are not available in Québec.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2157 posts
314 upvotes
Mississauga
frank2243 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:43 am
I just tried to open an account with a Québec address. Services are not available in Québec.
Yea, you cant even go to pavilion to open an account.
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6771 posts
2209 upvotes
Markham
It's still restricted to withdrawing from the chequing only. Not much use for me since I practically keep nothing there.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Sep 2, 2016
188 posts
9 upvotes
frank2243 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:43 am
MehtabS wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:47 am
Yea, you cant even go to pavilion to open an account.
Yeah not anymore ;) .
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4083 posts
1118 upvotes
Is there still a one day wait for transfers from savings to chequing?
Jun 23, 2017
242 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto, ON
vipjn wrote:

I ordered up new cheques this morning and it clearly indicates they are (still) FREE!

"These are free standard cheques with your personal information printed on the top left corner." < this is the option I picked when ordering my new cheques!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6788 posts
283 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm happy that the site works, app works and right now almost no change to services other than 1) $1.50 for Interac e-transfers is now $0 2) PCF pavilions are no longer available 3) Loblaws won't have bank machines. Things I liked such as 1) free cheques 2) CIBC bank machine access 3) interest rate promo's are still there and no changes to it. I will miss having the bank machines at Loblaws since that's where I do most of my groceries and having a pavilion for urgent issues like a new debit card. Guess I won't have to switch to Tangerine since there is no changes to services with Simplii from PCF.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
2700 posts
690 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote:
I sort of tried (as i didnt press confirm), the whole process did not mention any fee. But guess it's a moot point as anyone can just transfer money to CHQ to send free EMTs anyway.
if you could send from savings, you could avoid the 1 business day delay in getting your money. The 1 day delay is the primary reason I left for ING