Personal Finance

SImplii - Instant transfer out of savings accounts!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2019 2:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1428 posts
531 upvotes

SImplii - Instant transfer out of savings accounts!

Hi guys,

Don't know if anyone noticed, or if it's talked about somewhere else, but yesterday I went in to transfer some money from my savings account into my chequing to pay off a bill, and naturally i was ready to wait until the following day for the transfer to take place, but the transfer happened instantly. I was surprised as I didn't see anything about change happening, a very welcome change indeed. I never really understood why they never let you transfer out of Savings accounts instantly like you could the other way around.
15 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1428 posts
531 upvotes
Was this ever advertised or just happened out of nowhere?
Jan 3, 2008
27 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
I know it was mentioned in the release notes for their mobile apps when they updated them to support it at the beginning of November. I didn’t see it promoted any other way though.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
1077 posts
524 upvotes
Congrats, and welcome to the 21st century
Jan 15, 2013
90 posts
22 upvotes
Kamloops
off topic but when does simplii pay the bonus interest in the savings account. Was supposed to be on the 3.15% rate.
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
7401 posts
2419 upvotes
thetank85 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 10:53 pm
off topic but when does simplii pay the bonus interest in the savings account. Was supposed to be on the 3.15% rate.
Ya ... they do ... but they pay it stupid way --- some time (few days to couple of weeks) after promo fully ends.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2011
1473 posts
1138 upvotes
Off Topic
I ordered Simplii free cheques online, been waiting 3 weeks.
What the normal amount of waiting time?
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
10906 posts
1335 upvotes
Brampton
Thank God they finally changed that Person With Folded Hands Now I can finally start using Simplii with their higher rate now that my Tangerine promo is ending.
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
4522 posts
2243 upvotes
billford wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 1:46 am
Off Topic
Took about a week for me
Feb 11, 2016
12 posts
6 upvotes
It took a week and a half for me. Canada Post is not very reliable these days. I have lost a brand new CC in the mail and wasting my 9% cash back offer while waiting for a new one at a branch pickup.
billford wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 1:46 am
Off Topic
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
1962 posts
450 upvotes
Whitehorse
Another change I have noticed: My daily cash withdrawal limit was reset to a paltry $200, and all deposited cheques have a hold except for a mere $100. I pointed out that I had higher limits before, and the phone agent said something like "oh, that must have been when it was still PC Financial". That is true, I don't recall withdrawing more than $200 cash since the change - but I was surprised that they reset those limits without telling me, and that I can't increase them back to the old limit right away. You have to do the call-and-ask dance every 6 months again. :-(
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18685 posts
3305 upvotes
GTA West
sokolov wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 8:10 pm
Another change I have noticed: My daily cash withdrawal limit was reset to a paltry $200, and all deposited cheques have a hold except for a mere $100. I pointed out that I had higher limits before, and the phone agent said something like "oh, that must have been when it was still PC Financial". That is true, I don't recall withdrawing more than $200 cash since the change - but I was surprised that they reset those limits without telling me, and that I can't increase them back to the old limit right away. You have to do the call-and-ask dance every 6 months again. :-(
How did you find out the limits?
Did you have to call in, or was it somewhere on the website?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
1962 posts
450 upvotes
Whitehorse
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:47 pm
How did you find out the limits?
Did you have to call in, or was it somewhere on the website?
I called in because I wanted to make a larger withdrawal.