Personal Finance

SImplii - Instant transfer out of savings accounts!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2018 1:46 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1308 posts
437 upvotes

SImplii - Instant transfer out of savings accounts!

Hi guys,

Don't know if anyone noticed, or if it's talked about somewhere else, but yesterday I went in to transfer some money from my savings account into my chequing to pay off a bill, and naturally i was ready to wait until the following day for the transfer to take place, but the transfer happened instantly. I was surprised as I didn't see anything about change happening, a very welcome change indeed. I never really understood why they never let you transfer out of Savings accounts instantly like you could the other way around.
8 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1308 posts
437 upvotes
Was this ever advertised or just happened out of nowhere?
Jan 3, 2008
24 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
I know it was mentioned in the release notes for their mobile apps when they updated them to support it at the beginning of November. I didn’t see it promoted any other way though.
Jan 15, 2013
66 posts
12 upvotes
Kamloops
off topic but when does simplii pay the bonus interest in the savings account. Was supposed to be on the 3.15% rate.
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5176 posts
1365 upvotes
thetank85 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 10:53 pm
off topic but when does simplii pay the bonus interest in the savings account. Was supposed to be on the 3.15% rate.
Ya ... they do ... but they pay it stupid way --- some time (few days to couple of weeks) after promo fully ends.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2011
1238 posts
811 upvotes
Off Topic
I ordered Simplii free cheques online, been waiting 3 weeks.
What the normal amount of waiting time?