Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Simplii

Simplii Financial Cash Back Visa Card (10% cash back up to $500 spent)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2019 8:06 pm
Aug 4, 2014
197 posts
62 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Leverage wrote: The 10% cash back is only on the first $500 anyways, so only a $50 net profit there. The 4% cash back on Restaurants/Dining afterwards is pretty good for a no-fee card, though.
So the 4% for restaurant has no promotional period correct? It is a permanent feature of the card?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
sirkdub wrote: So the 4% for restaurant has no promotional period correct? It is a permanent feature of the card?
Yes, but capped at $5000 purchases per year.

To anyone that has a card with annual limits per category - Are capped purchases typically per calendar year, or based on your anniversary date?
Jul 29, 2007
329 posts
218 upvotes
Markham
And do the limits apply annually or monthly? I was reading elsewhere and it described the $5000 restaurant limit as $417/month.
Dec 10, 2005
773 posts
238 upvotes
GTA
Is the card apple pay capable?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2014
1073 posts
1308 upvotes
Southern Ontario
sf1 wrote: I am not exactly sure why this is getting downvotes and the second poster gets like 13 upvotes?
10% for first 4 months/$500, 4% afterwards. This card should strictly be used for restaurant.
This is the Costco card killa, for a no fee card this is a step up.
For my part I’m thinking of this against the Amex Cobalt, which has 5% on not only restaurants but also groceries (and the gift/prepaid cards therein), and a hell of a monthly bonus for 12 months.
Dec 7, 2016
62 posts
36 upvotes
goo421 wrote: And do the limits apply annually or monthly? I was reading elsewhere and it described the $5000 restaurant limit as $417/month.
Fine print says:
Cash back is calculated as follows: Earn 4% on the first $5,000 in net annual card purchases on restaurant, bar, coffee shop and takeout purchases, which currently include merchants classified as Eating Places and Restaurants; Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages) - Bars, Taverns, Nightclubs, Cocktail Lounges, and Discotheques; Fast Food Restaurants; or Caterers.

So I'm assuming it's annually. It also says "the $5,000 and $15,000 limits will reset to zero after the day your December statement is issued. "
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3828 posts
825 upvotes
Toronto
Simplii (free) - 4% restaurants
TD cash back (free with $5000 chequing) - 3% gas/groceries/recurring bills
Tangerine (free) - 2% entertainment/drug stores/home improvement
BMO cash back (free with $6000 chequing) - 1.5% everything else
Sep 27, 2007
256 posts
148 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone else waiting for a GCR/ratesupermarket cash promo before signing up for this? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4686 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
VTECMAN wrote: Is the card apple pay capable?
Not yet, but Apple Pay is listed as a feature that is "coming soon" (along with Google Pay and Samsung Pay).
Nov 1, 2006
130 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Just applied today, thanks OP.

Replacing my Tangerine which I use only for restaurants. Spent a lot eating out. The $5000 annual cap ain't gonna be enough.
TD cash back - 3% gas/groceries/recurring bills
Everything else on my AE CB, which gives 2% (although there is a $99 annual fee, but I do spend enough to make it worth while)
And for places that don't take AE -----> BMO CB / 1.5%
Smiling Face With Open Mouth
A no fee credit card that gives you 4% cash back (dining), why would this get all those down votes? :rolleyes:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7312 posts
6264 upvotes
Idontdomornings wrote: Just applied today, thanks OP.

Replacing my Tangerine which I use only for restaurants. Spent a lot eating out. The $5000 annual cap ain't gonna be enough.
TD cash back - 3% gas/groceries/recurring bills
Everything else on my AE CB, which gives 2% (although there is a $99 annual fee, but I do spend enough to make it worth while)
And for places that don't take AE -----> BMO CB / 1.5%
Smiling Face With Open Mouth
A no fee credit card that gives you 4% cash back (dining), why would this get all those down votes? :rolleyes:
Amex Cobalt is much better with 5X on dining and grocery.
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2787 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote: Amex Cobalt is much better with 5X on dining and grocery.
Amex Cobalt also has a fee, and isn't accepted everywhere. I wish people would stop comparing apples and oranges. This is a good card for no annual fee.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Does restaurant includes McDonald's and Wendy's? That is the 2 most common restaurant I visit. 4% is sweet though. I will load this card into google pay and use it exclusively for restaurant and move the tangerine restaurant categories to something else.
I'm surprised no one worries about your health. Yeah I'm a health care professional.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
ilove wrote: Amex Cobalt also has a fee, and isn't accepted everywhere. I wish people would stop comparing apples and oranges. This is a good card for no annual fee.
no it is not a good card. only a good card for restaurant. i wish people would stop saying it is a good card.

M I going to apply? Maybe, but i'll only use it for restos.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Feb 2, 2014
529 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone else get this crazy thing where you have to go verify yourself at a Canada Post location to finish the application?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2010
1353 posts
1220 upvotes
The Great North
Which is the best cash back card for gas/grocery without annual fees?
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11664 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
LULUMON wrote: - 1.5% at groceries. Be wary this may or may not include Walmart.
It WILL NOT include Wal-Mart.
Visa or Amex does not classify Wal-Mart as grocery.
Only MC does.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Hi, what card do you recommend for non-restaurant purchases? I miss my AMEX 2% everything card from a few years ago. :(
sf1 wrote: Exactly, nobody should be using the Costco MC for anything else but restaurant and maybe gas, it’s not even good to use it for CB at Costco, which makes me wonder what the marketing team is doing when they brand the card as Costco MC but offers below average CB for Costco purchases.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1943 posts
1505 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
consumerPI wrote: Hi, what card do you recommend for non-restaurant purchases? I miss my AMEX 2% everything card from a few years ago. :(
Amex still has simply preferred cash back 2% on everything but there is $99 annual fee.

I recently signed up for BMO cash back Mastercard 4% back on everything first 4 months then 1% not too shabby but for a no fee card.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)