Hot Deals

[Simplii] Simplii High Interest Savings Account 3.15% till Feb-28-2019!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 2:29 pm
May 3, 2008
598 posts
212 upvotes
Markham
The fact that its open to both new and existing customers anyway, why the hell do that need one to call in to enroll ? Does not make any sense and just show how dumb their senior executives are. If anything everyone's talking about making it easy for the consumer, a pleasant experience. They are doing the exact opposite, just to draw attention ???
Banned
Nov 1, 2018
43 posts
19 upvotes
savemoresaveoften wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 8:36 pm
The fact that its open to both new and existing customers anyway, why the hell do that need one to call in to enroll ? Does not make any sense and just show how dumb their senior executives are. If anything everyone's talking about making it easy for the consumer, a pleasant experience. They are doing the exact opposite, just to draw attention ???
Plus there are people, who have enrolled but are holding off to actually transfer money as they don't trust them till they get a confirmation email about successful enrollment or see the 3.15 % mentioned officially somewhere in the account.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5216 posts
2182 upvotes
Winnipeg
I called today and to my surprise, I wasn't enrolled in (after I did self-enrol on the web). So the CSR did it to me.
Now I lost 3 days worth of interest on my 0.001 million I transferred from tangerine.
So I suggest everyone to call and ensure that you are actually enrolled in the promo.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13773 posts
6172 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
savemoresaveoften wrote:
You mean, As simple as that™ "it Simplii doesn't make any sense..." ;)
Last edited by bylo on Nov 4th, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Feb 20, 2004
927 posts
331 upvotes
So I called in and was told I was enrolled already, and the rep was suppose to email me to confirm. It's been a few business days already and haven't received any email. Guess I will call in again!
May 13, 2008
14 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
Do not go with Simplii. Last time, I enrolled their promotion after receiving the email. Guess what, after the promotion was ended, I never receive the promised promotion interest. (I transferred about 5K from other banks to meet Simplii's new fund requirement)
Why cannot Simplii be the same as Tangerine which will give you bonus interest every month until the end of the promotion date? This way, you will know at most in one month, whether you receive the bonus.

So from now on, I will never trust Simplii again. Yes, I can call them to argue, but to waste 1 hr for about $25 ? Come on, I'd rather spend the 1 hr watching netflix. :-)
Banned
Nov 1, 2018
43 posts
19 upvotes
Wpegger wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 9:20 pm
I called today and to my surprise, I wasn't enrolled in (after I did self-enrol on the web). So the CSR did it to me.
Now I lost 3 days worth of interest on my 0.001 million I transferred from tangerine.
So I suggest everyone to call and ensure that you are actually enrolled in the promo.
What a joke their promo is?

Imagine if you had waited until March to find out!
Banned
Nov 1, 2018
43 posts
19 upvotes
micronta wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 9:42 pm
So I called in and was told I was enrolled already, and the rep was suppose to email me to confirm. It's been a few business days already and haven't received any email. Guess I will call in again!
Let us know if and when you get the email.
Penalty Box
Jul 17, 2008
8428 posts
1828 upvotes
jeff_yao wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 10:30 pm
Do not go with Simplii. Last time, I enrolled their promotion after receiving the email. Guess what, after the promotion was ended, I never receive the promised promotion interest. (I transferred about 5K from other banks to meet Simplii's new fund requirement)
Why cannot Simplii be the same as Tangerine which will give you bonus interest every month until the end of the promotion date? This way, you will know at most in one month, whether you receive the bonus.

So from now on, I will never trust Simplii again. Yes, I can call them to argue, but to waste 1 hr for about $25 ? Come on, I'd rather spend the 1 hr watching netflix. :-)
Looks like I wasn't the only one who never received any promo. And the whole having to wait over 4 months until the end just to find out you got burned. At least with Tangerine you can confirm you are enrolled after the 1st month comes around
Apr 13, 2017
167 posts
31 upvotes
So, I did a pull from tangerine. I see that funds are in simplii account (still on hold), but money hasn't debited from my tangerine account. I hope its cleared soon.

Funds on hold - do they still earn interest ?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
3776 posts
1571 upvotes
headleygrange wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 6:43 am
So, I did a pull from tangerine. I see that funds are in simplii account (still on hold), but money hasn't debited from my tangerine account. I hope its cleared soon.

Funds on hold - do they still earn interest ?
Yes. You will earn interest at both for a couple days.
Jun 24, 2015
29 posts
6 upvotes
North York, ON
Agree with the other posters who said to call in and double check that you are indeed enrolled. I called last Thursday to enroll, was told it was done and I'd be getting the terms and conditions via email in one business day. As of this morning I didn't receive the email and when I logged into my account and checked Legal under the Account Summary page I saw the following:

The Simplii FinancialTM promotional interest offer (the "Offer") is available to new and existing Eligible Savings Accounts and Eligible Registered Savings Accounts (as defined below) between November 1, 2017 – February 28, 2018 (the "Offer Period"). The special annual interest rate of 3.0% is a combination of the regular annual interest rate set by Simplii Financial payable on an Eligible Savings Account and Eligible Registered Savings Accounts balance ("Regular Interest"), plus promotional interest ("Promotional Interest") that is calculated for the Offer Period on the Additional Balance as defined below.

I was expecting to see 3.15% instead of 3% so I called to check and was told my enrollment was not complete. Today's rep says I've now been enrolled and any contributions will be back dated to Nov 1, I'll check again later to see if the Legal section has been updated.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17904 posts
2588 upvotes
GTA West
micronta wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 9:42 pm
Same for me. I called yesterday, and they promised an email.
I did not see an email confirmation!
Thinking Face
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
Nov 10, 2013
200 posts
57 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I was just on the phone, they said to expect couple days delay in getting the email.
CIBC, eh...
Jun 27, 2012
550 posts
324 upvotes
savemoresaveoften wrote:
I didn't have to call anyone. When I logged in last week, it asked me right away if I wanted to enrol
2010-2018 Winnings = $0 I've entered like a thousand contests and haven't won once.