Hot Deals

[Simplii] Simplii High Interest Savings Account 3.15% till Feb-28-2019!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 2:29 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1617 posts
285 upvotes
I got the confirmation email too, although I never called them to request the email. I accepted the promo in my online banking with them.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
7888 posts
2983 upvotes
Markham
bylo wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 7:47 am
FWIW they've never sent out confirmations in the past yet people generally got their bonuses at the end of the promo period.

There have been the odd complaints on RFD from people who didn't so it's possible for Simplii to drop the ball. That's why I always make a record of when I registered for the promo, how I did it, who I spoke with (if via phone call), screen shot of confirmation (if online), etc.

Of course now with EQ Bank's 3.33% on 3-month GIC with no gimmicks I can't be bothered to go through Simplii's silly hoops to get only 3.15%.
3 month locked away.

Versus 3.15% I can still use it as if it's my chequing account when combined with my LOC.
Mar 9, 2013
37 posts
8 upvotes
BC
for those that received email confirmation, did you call in and requested an email to be sent? or just clicked enroll on webpage or app?
thanks.
Mar 11, 2009
42 posts
8 upvotes
nebiopassat wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 8:29 pm
for those that received email confirmation, did you call in and requested an email to be sent? or just clicked enroll on webpage or app?
thanks.
I just clicked on the email link first and then a second time on the website.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1431 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
I feel like I'm in the minority, but I didn't get an email confirmation. I'll can tomorrow if I don't get it today.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
7888 posts
2983 upvotes
Markham
nebiopassat wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 8:29 pm
thanks.
I called in twice, second time specifically asking for the email. Guy said he "enrolled" me again, even though on his screen it says enrolled.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13773 posts
6172 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ToniCipriani wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 8:15 pm
3 month locked away.

Versus 3.15% I can still use it as if it's my chequing account when combined with my LOC.
For some people liquidity is important. For others, not so much. Three months isn't that long a period unless the funds are earmarked for a special purpose, e.g. Christmas spending or maybe a vacation in Jan/Feb, etc.

I like to present options, share my experiences, etc., then let each RFDer who reads my post decide what's best for them--which often/usually isn't the same as what is/was best for me. To each their own.
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2119 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
How long does it take to open a new client account?
I reply the security email but it's been 2 days nothing reply back
Nov 18, 2015
908 posts
408 upvotes
got an email with the offer and accepted even though I called last week already. then I got 2 confirmation emails. probably because I called in and accepted the email. lol. their system is so odd
Dec 12, 2012
43 posts
13 upvotes
I'm a bit confused. Want to transfer $ from tangerine account but I can only transfer it to my Simplii chequing account. I was planning on then transferring it from Simplii chequing to my high interest savings account, but I'm reading that this would not qualify. Is this correct?? How can I take advantage of this offer then?? Please advise