Hot Deals

[Simplii] Simplii High Interest Savings Account 3.15% till Feb-28-2019!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2018 7:56 am
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17889 posts
2577 upvotes
GTA West
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 9:29 am
Same for me. I called yesterday, and they promised an email.
I did not see an email confirmation!
Thinking Face
OK, I finally received the e-mail confirmation of the 3.15% interest rate from Simplii today.
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1377 posts
312 upvotes
I still haven't received mine. Called to enroll when it was first announced.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3388 posts
215 upvotes
chizknock wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 4:57 am
I'm a bit confused. Want to transfer $ from tangerine account but I can only transfer it to my Simplii chequing account. I was planning on then transferring it from Simplii chequing to my high interest savings account, but I'm reading that this would not qualify. Is this correct?? How can I take advantage of this offer then?? Please advise
You should be ok, because the money wasnt there originally in the chequing account.

The way they explained it to me was that they take a snap shot of all the money in your account (chequing or savings) and any new money above that amount deposited into the savings will get the bonus.

In my case I already had some money sitting in the chequing so they said moving it over to savings wont qualify for the bonus.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1121 posts
191 upvotes
Brampton
Received an email from them that with 2 eligible recurring transfers it can be up to 3.40% for new funds
May 3, 2008
596 posts
212 upvotes
Markham
endokuken wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 8:20 am
Received an email from them that with 2 eligible recurring transfers it can be up to 3.40% for new funds
can u share that email here ?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1121 posts
191 upvotes
Brampton
savemoresaveoften wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 8:25 am
can u share that email here ?
Looks like it might be targeted by invitation after another look:

Are you ready to start saving? Open a Simplii Financial™ High Interest Savings Account and until February 28, 2019 you’ll earn 3.15%* interest on new deposits. This same great rate is also available on new deposits into an RRSP Savings Account or a Tax‑Free Savings Account.

Plus, you can save even more. Set up and complete two eligible recurring transfers to your savings account, and instead, new deposits will earn a special rate of 3.40%* until February 28, 2019.

Take advantage of this special offer and reach your savings goals faster.

*This offer is available by invitation only between November 1, 2018 and February 28, 2019 to Simplii Financial™ savings accounts: High Interest Savings Account and Savings Account (“Non‑Registered Savings Accounts”) and Daily Interest RRSP Account, RRSP Savings Account and Tax‑Free Savings Account (“Registered Savings Accounts”). Account holders are automatically enrolled for this offer if they open an eligible savings account during the offer period. The special interest rate of 3.15% is a combination of regular annual interest (“Regular Interest”) and promotional annual interest (“Promotional Interest”) that is calculated on a savings account balance, as described below, between November 1, 2018 and February 28, 2019.

If a recurring transfer to a savings account is set up, and at least 2 transfers of a minimum amount of $50 each, are completed between November 1, 2018 and February 28, 2019, and provided the requirements to earn Promotional Interest are otherwise met, an additional bonus annual rate of 0.25% interest may be earned (“Bonus Interest”) and is calculated as described below between November 1, 2018 and February 28, 2019.

I just noticed that I don't have a savings account with them since I closed mine years ago so it looks like it might be for new accounts opened during the promo period. Its been a while since I signed intto my online banking and currently have just a chequing account.
Last edited by endokuken on Nov 9th, 2018 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2428 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
Do we need to call in to enroll or can we just wait for an email offer?
Mar 9, 2013
37 posts
8 upvotes
BC
Ticco wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 9:02 am
Do we need to call in to enroll or can we just wait for an email offer?
I enrolled by accepting the offer from the app.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1380 posts
597 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Mint wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 7:57 am
You should be ok, because the money wasnt there originally in the chequing account.

The way they explained it to me was that they take a snap shot of all the money in your account (chequing or savings) and any new money above that amount deposited into the savings will get the bonus.

In my case I already had some money sitting in the chequing so they said moving it over to savings wont qualify for the bonus.
My rep told me diffirentily that I’d get the promotional rate regardless moving money from my chequeing account into the tfsa for 3.15 % because it’s considered new money by them moving from non registered to a registered account. Actually, I had two diff reps confirm this just to be sure. Haven’t received the email though and signed up last Friday.
Jul 16, 2012
494 posts
270 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
What a pain just to open an account...I finally received my bank card in the mail today but was told can't be activated until they receive my signature back in the mail which could take god knows how long thanks to Canada Post.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7808 posts
359 upvotes
Brampton
I received my email after calling in yesterday morning.