• Nov 1st, 2019 4:25 pm
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1054 posts
534 upvotes
Markham
Thrasher wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 3:02 am
I did not receive my bonus interest, despite me calling back in November and specifically asking about moving funds for this promo. Now they are reviewing the phone calls. How were we supposed to even enroll in this promo? I just saw the banner and I called in to ask about moving the money. Was I supposed to click on some link or specifically ask to be enrolled?
Somehow its almost like they purposing "downgrade" the Simplii online banking technology to make it "simply stupid". Pretty much every other banks/CU has a better/more capable online banking system than Simplii. Their "parent" has a much better robust system for example. Instead of giving the child the best, it chooses to give the child $hit :)
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1642 posts
132 upvotes
Thrasher wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 3:02 am
I did not receive my bonus interest, despite me calling back in November and specifically asking about moving funds for this promo. Now they are reviewing the phone calls. How were we supposed to even enroll in this promo? I just saw the banner and I called in to ask about moving the money. Was I supposed to click on some link or specifically ask to be enrolled?
I did not receive my bonus interest too, I guess I'll have to call in tomorrow and ask.
Mar 25, 2019
5 posts
when they count closing account balances for new money, do they only count the one you are primary or even joint account you are not primary? it's not very clear in the t & c
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1338 posts
822 upvotes
I received my promo interest with no issue, deposited March 21st.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1054 posts
534 upvotes
Markham
icemiko wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 2:25 am
I did not receive my bonus interest too, I guess I'll have to call in tomorrow and ask.
If you never receive the email back that confirmed you are enrolled, it means they dont have record on their end.
Hopefully u have proof that you instructed them to enroll back then. Since it will be done over the phone, call them and ask them to check the tape to confirm.
Escalate if needed.
Good luck
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1642 posts
132 upvotes
savemoresaveoften wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 8:54 am
If you never receive the email back that confirmed you are enrolled, it means they dont have record on their end.
Hopefully u have proof that you instructed them to enroll back then. Since it will be done over the phone, call them and ask them to check the tape to confirm.
Escalate if needed.
Good luck
I never received an email back that confirmed I enrolled but I did call in to enroll.

I called them earlier and they said I will be paid the bonus interest by the end of this week so we'll see.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2051 posts
451 upvotes
I will have to call in today. Still no bonus interest and they were supposed to get back to me after reviewing the "tapes". That has been a week ago.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1255 posts
237 upvotes
ORLEANS
I accepted the 3.15% until June 31 on March 7. Then I moved back my money on March 9. I received an email from Simplii confirming enrolment on March 12. They count it as new deposited when I deposited starting March 9 right?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8259 posts
1201 upvotes
Palidino wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 11:45 am
I accepted the 3.15% until June 31 on March 7. Then I moved back my money on March 9. I received an email from Simplii confirming enrolment on March 12. They count it as new deposited when I deposited starting March 9 right?
You should be alright however, I would still call in to confirm. Why wait until June to find out otherwise - call now!
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Feb 16, 2007
142 posts
92 upvotes
Still no pay out here.

I've called four times in the last 10 days. Each time with a different story. But saying that it would be paid by the 29th.

I called this morning and was told that it would have to be escalated as they do not see a reason why it was not paid :rolleyes:

Each time though, the Rep has said that I was definitely enrolled in the promotion.

Ugh!!!!
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1054 posts
534 upvotes
Markham
BLeagues wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 7:49 am
Still no pay out here.

I've called four times in the last 10 days. Each time with a different story. But saying that it would be paid by the 29th.

I called this morning and was told that it would have to be escalated as they do not see a reason why it was not paid :rolleyes:

Each time though, the Rep has said that I was definitely enrolled in the promotion.

Ugh!!!!
I feel sorry for you. You should ask them for compensation as at the minimum you lose out on interest on the unpaid bonus.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1255 posts
237 upvotes
ORLEANS
Frankie3s wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 9:15 pm
You should be alright however, I would still call in to confirm. Why wait until June to find out otherwise - call now!
the promotional interest they pay out at the end of the promotion date or every month?
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1054 posts
534 upvotes
Markham
Palidino wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 11:15 pm
the promotional interest they pay out at the end of the promotion date or every month?
Its Simplii, always pay in arrear so they screw u on compound interest. Simplii is just a name, the opposite is what they do in reality.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8259 posts
1201 upvotes
Palidino wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 11:15 pm
Sadly, Simplii pays the promotional interest at the end of the promotional period. Not monthly as some of the other banks do. It will not effect your use of the account, as the interest will still compound whether you make deposits or withdrawals during the period.

However, you should still phone in to get it recorded on tape that you qualify so that if there are any problems you have proof of eligibility.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1255 posts
237 upvotes
ORLEANS
WARNING!

My 3.15% expires February 28. I moved the money out March 1. Received an offer for 3.15% until June. Received this offer in APP on March 7. Accepted that very day. On March 12 I receive an email from Simplii confirming my enrolment. I contacted Simplii does my whole balance qualifies for the promotional interest. They say doesn’t matter when you when you got the offer. Your balance must be moved out before February 28 to be deemed as $0 balance. I moved mine out on March 1. So my balance does not qualify. I only got standard rate for my balance....

Time to leave.

I got the info from Simplii Facebook support.

“Hi Danny! Thanks for reaching out to us regarding our Savings promotion. Yes, if the savings account was overdrawn as of February 28, 2019, the closing balance will be deemed to $0.00. Your Promotional Interest will be paid in July 2019 and will be stated as "Promotional Interest" on your transaction history. ^Jover”

“Hi again, Danny! Promotional interest will not be paid on funds that were in a Simplii Financial account before March 1, 2019, and transferred to an eligible account. If you have new funds deposited into the account on March 1, 2019 or later (for example, a payroll deposit, cheque or bank-to-bank transfer) and you move all or part of these funds to a savings account, the funds are eligible for promotional interest if all other conditions are met. ^Jover”

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)