• Nov 1st, 2019 4:25 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
1659 posts
891 upvotes
GTA
Britex wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 6:44 am
I didn't say it was good business practice. What I am saying is there is no incentive for them to change since most people won't do anything about it.
Unfortunately that is true, in the customer service world problems are prioritized and acted upon.
If no one even knows the problem exists, the people who know do not call, the ones who do call are maybe 2 a month, then there is little incentive for them to spend programmer time to lower their profit
The same programmers might instead be tasked with improving the site or some other maintenance work or something.

Not agreeing this is acceptable but just sharing how I think they operate
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
16861 posts
9206 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Shadow Rider wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 1:00 am
You're saying that deceptive business practices is a good long run business strategy for a subsidiary of a Big 4 bank?
The big-5 banks sure seem to think so. These sorts of practices run rampant in their world. Their executives know about it. They pay lip service to how "concerned" they are about it. Then they do absolutely nothing about it.

For supporting evidence, go to https://www.cbc.ca/search and search on "bank sales practices." There are far more articles than I could link to here. Disgusting reading.

If anyone is really pissed off by Simplii's practices they could report them to CBC's Go Public or Marketplace. Who knows they might be able to get another scathing article out of it. But if you expect things to change at Simplii as a result...
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1005 posts
504 upvotes
Markham
Its the same model as 0% interest on a purchase, then you end up paying 20%+ interest rate cuz you forgot to pay it out before interest starts kicking in.
Legal ? Totally, Unethically ? you bet.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
2133 posts
254 upvotes
North Vancouver
so fot this I get 3.15% for saving but for Simplii TFSA only 1.2%?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
2133 posts
254 upvotes
North Vancouver
Just realized today they don't pay any bonus interest to me, and looks like they are paying 1.1% to me now and they don't have any email support
Jul 17, 2011
265 posts
87 upvotes
TORONTO
Since it is almost the end of June, has anyone heard about this offer being extended/renewed, or any other incentive to keep money at Simplii?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
2133 posts
254 upvotes
North Vancouver
BigRFDfan wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 3:52 pm
Since it is almost the end of June, has anyone heard about this offer being extended/renewed, or any other incentive to keep money at Simplii?
same here want to ask, looks like it's really painful call in ask for extend promo every 3 month, I'm thinking of moving to Motive now
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3912 posts
2785 upvotes
Anyone else seeing this promotion in the app?

I called yesterday to open a hisa for the promo and was told to call back today to get it applied.... Long story short a manager said I have to wait till Wednesday to get an answer because for some reason they can't apply it to my account.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1876 posts
1693 upvotes
Toronto
Gtaphotog wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 5:03 pm
Anyone else seeing this promotion in the app?

I called yesterday to open a hisa for the promo and was told to call back today to get it applied.... Long story short a manager said I have to wait till Wednesday to get an answer because for some reason they can't apply it to my account.
It might be an old pop-up, the end date says February 2019.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3912 posts
2785 upvotes
silverele wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 5:30 pm
It might be an old pop-up, the end date says February 2019.
Ya that's what I find really odd as the CSR told me the promo is starting tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1321 posts
963 upvotes
Hope the interest gets added quick for those who got the June offer. Gimme
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3912 posts
2785 upvotes
How does one see the interest rate and if there is the bonus interest rate in the hisa account?

I can't seem to find anything on the website and mobile app.
Apr 20, 2016
199 posts
129 upvotes
Ottawa
Gtaphotog wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 10:54 pm
How does one see the interest rate and if there is the bonus interest rate in the hisa account?
You can't view it online, pretty dumb.

You might be able to phone in, I'm not sure.
Dec 20, 2006
407 posts
23 upvotes
York
Any one got paid for the promotional interest? When will they pay? Their website covers all information except for the balance. Crazy!
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1349 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
I haven’t got paid for the promo interest so far

Anyone else?