• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2019 4:31 pm
[OP]
Oct 17, 2015
123 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto

Get a Free Google Home Mini from Simply Smart Home

For a limited time, you can request to receive a FREE Google Home Mini from Simply Smart Home!

To be eligible for this promotion, you must:
– be the lawful homeowner of a single detached, semi-detached or townhouse in an area served by Simply Smart
– allow a representative of Simply Smart to come to your Property, during reasonable hours and upon prior notice to and consent by you to install the Google Home Mini
– have an active Enbridge account

Limit 1 per household.

Valid for a limited time, while supplies last.
Last edited by neelpa on Oct 9th, 2019 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Mod please delete.
Share:
27 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2365 posts
2633 upvotes
Nope nope nope.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Nov 26, 2017
38 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Simply Smart Home is a horrible company and Google Home Minis can be had for super cheap - not worth a "free installation" i.e. wasting your time when you could just plug it in yourself. Steer clear from this, sorry OP but this is NOT a Hot Deal.
Koodo $40/8GB
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1991 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto
Its a scam to get them into your house to do an assessment since laws do not allow them to solicit. You are inviting them into your home for a $40 device.

See more here: free-nest-thermostat-only-2299618
Last edited by esq05 on Oct 9th, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 24, 2011
291 posts
186 upvotes
toronto
Scam company...
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1806 posts
876 upvotes
Terrible company, avoid them at all costs. They will waste a ton of your time and then make an excuse as to why you don't qualify for the free device.
Sep 1, 2016
4 posts
8 upvotes
Totally not worth it to let these people near your home or enbridge bill
Nov 21, 2016
87 posts
33 upvotes
Also you will ends up with some execuses like they can not install due to.. something. So you invite them to your home, wasting your time for free.
They would try to sell you bunch of other devices, rental heaters, etc.
Avoid this company.
Zoomer - 4G unlimited call loyalty plan for $36
Public Mobile - 100 min/250M data for $13 as 2019 spring
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3724 posts
1112 upvotes
Edmonton
So no chance Id do this, but they have like 1300 almost positive reviews on Google? Can't see them all being fake.
Mar 9, 2007
89 posts
11 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Looks like they're going through all the google/nest products...previously thermostats: free-nest-thermostat-only-2299618/

Couldn't find it on their page on a quick look but for the thermostat, they had this text:
By submitting this form you acknowledge that you contacted Simply Smart to invite them to your home to participate in the Nest E No Cost Promotion and possibly buy or lease any other one of our products if interested (not for repair, an energy assessment, maintenance, or any other reason).
Mar 14, 2016
91 posts
83 upvotes
Ontario
Grade A Crooks - will get into your home, waste your time upselling things and then say you don't qualify for the promotion device because of some BS reason.
Qui Tacet Consentire Videtur
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1245 posts
371 upvotes
dan17 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 11:29 am
Looks like they're going through all the google/nest products...previously thermostats: free-nest-thermostat-only-2299618/

Couldn't find it on their page on a quick look but for the thermostat, they had this text:
They will snake their way out of giving you a google home mini.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1991 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto
U4IA wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 11:23 am
So no chance Id do this, but they have like 1300 almost positive reviews on Google? Can't see them all being fake.
This company was popular when the government was funding the initiative. Thats where, whatever portion are genuine, reviews are likely from.

Edit: took a look at their reviews. Google now shows you how many reviews each reviewer has done. Most of the 5 stars are people who have done 1-2 reviews. Anyone that has given less start has more reviews (so they review a lot) or is a "local guide" it seems.
Last edited by esq05 on Oct 9th, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2906 posts
1212 upvotes
Waterloo
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3641 posts
781 upvotes
These offers keep on getting worse and worse, I think it was originally a Next thermostat then the carbon monoxide detector and now it's a mini. Their next offer will probably be a $10 gift card to the google play store.