Locked: Get a Free Google Home Mini from Simply Smart Home

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2019 4:31 pm
Dec 22, 2001
419 posts
188 upvotes
U4IA wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 11:23 am
So no chance Id do this, but they have like 1300 almost positive reviews on Google? Can't see them all being fake.
I went through with the hassle of getting a free nest protect from them. Basically before giving you the free product they have you give them a review, in front of them. So I'm one of the 1300 positive google reviews. But everything everyone else has said is true, want to upsell me on a water heater and tried to give me some BS about how I don't qualify for the free nest protect since one of my smoke detectors was expired or some BS. I called the guy out completely and told him this was a bait and switch and I wanted him to leave immediately, he backed down gave me the free next protect for the review. I still feel dirty thinking about it. ugh.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1991 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto
Fresco wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 12:38 pm
I went through with the hassle of getting a free nest protect from them. Basically before giving you the free product they have you give them a review, in front of them. So I'm one of the 1300 positive google reviews. But everything everyone else has said is true, want to upsell me on a water heater and tried to give me some BS about how I don't qualify for the free nest protect since one of my smoke detectors was expired or some BS. I called the guy out completely and told him this was a bait and switch and I wanted him to leave immediately, he backed down gave me the free next protect for the review. I still feel dirty thinking about it. ugh.
A lot of reviews mention the individual's name - like all of them do, which is rare for reviewers. Now it makes sense.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2148 posts
483 upvotes
Technician and came and reviewed and try to lure me in hot water tank contract..
I told him that I own this tank and I will buy from homedepot when this fails .. not interested in renting..
He gave me google mini and set it up and gone

Politely decline their offers and get the free item
Now I have 2 free items from them
Nest smoke and CO detector and now mini

Thx op
Upvote from me
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
May 3, 2008
919 posts
453 upvotes
Markham
Not worth it for a stranger to come to my house for a Google Mini IMHO.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12368 posts
2904 upvotes
RFD
To be fair, my experience with this company was when they were giving away the free Nest smoke alarm for being able to come into your home and do an assessment, which was basically asking us what smart devices we had and checking out our furnace and air conditioning and hot water tank.

Honestly it was painless dealing with them because I just let them speak and had already changed out my furnace weeks before. I told them nothing is wrong with my air conditioning. The only thing they gave an estimate for was the hot water tank. I told them I would think about it and didn't sign anything. Person I dealt with was not pushy at all, he was a younger fellow. Didn't ask for a review or anything like the other poster had experienced.

They later followed up by phone, but I totally ignored them. Never heard back from them since.

But for how inexpensive the Google Home is, would not let them in my home again.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3724 posts
1112 upvotes
Edmonton
Fresco wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 12:38 pm
Thats pretty unethical. I see reviews like that all the time for Appliances, but it always says the review was part of a promotion. Must be more of an Ontario for all this? I just bought a new hot water tank installed for $1200, I couldnt imagine wanting to rent it or pay monthly for it.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3339 posts
1861 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
This thread should be re-written by a mod and stickied on how to report this company for unethical practices.
---
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2093 posts
1061 upvotes
Vancouver
Who cares I love getting scams
Jun 18, 2015
278 posts
192 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
What's the difference between "Install" and "Plug in" ?
Apr 18, 2007
325 posts
351 upvotes
Cambridge
I had them come to my house about a year ago to try to sell me on a hot water tank. They offered 3 nest protect, one for each floor and installation if I got their hot water tank to rent. I went through with it and sure enough I got all the nest protect installed and paying less for the hot water tank rental than what I was paying before. Nothing but a good experience on my end
Nov 21, 2012
530 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
After reading about some people's experiences last time when they were giving away free smoke detectors, I ended up not doing it.
Penalty Box
May 29, 2011
1116 posts
261 upvotes
KANATA
Nope with a side of Nope
6 months of RFD penalty box for boycotting Procter & Gamble