Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sinemia

Sinemia promo for 2 tickets from $9.99 mth, including premium showings (similar to MoviePass)

Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2001
5573 posts
907 upvotes
Toronto

Sinemia promo for 2 tickets from $9.99 mth, including premium showings (similar to MoviePass)

Deal Link:
Price:
$9.99/mth
Retailer:
Sinemia
*** Many users have reported problems/hoops when cancelling ***

MoviePass isn't in Canada yet. This is the best we've got and pretty good right now.

Looks like an Oscar promo so not sure how long it will last but basically:

- $9.99/mth billed annually for 2 movie tickets
- $10.99/mth billed monthly for 2 movie tickets
- $14.99/mth billed annually for 3 movie tickets
- $15.99/mth billed monthly for 3 movie tickets

There's a Sinemia for Two plan that's basically the double of the above meant for those that go to the theatre with someone, but at $1 less per price point so $18.99/mth billed annually for 2 x 2 movie tickets for example.

Here's how they describe it:
Get your free 2D or 3D tickets in any theater, at any movie and benefit from features like reserved seating, the IMAX-4DX-XD-ScreenX-DBox experience, private screening and more for one low monthly fee.
Sinemia looks like a US company that's been around since 2014, just launched in Canada. Already live UK, Turkey, and US from what I can gather.

I signed up for the $10.99/mth plan... will give it a shot!

Last edited by Redmask on Feb 23rd, 2019 9:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Added warning to OP.
Thread Summary
Sinemia is now bankrupt in the US, do not join!

Sinemia now requires many users to submit ID verification or else your account will be terminated. If you choose to submit ID, do NOT submit documents without blocking out important information. Just showing name, address, date of birth and maybe ID expiry date should be sufficent to pass the verification. Black out/redact everything else, including ID number and signature.

Update: There is a $1.80 processing fee for purchasing advanced tickets with the Sinemia app. At minimum, this fee notice shows for users buying tickets on app version 3.3.0 and above.

FAQ:

Advance Booking:
1) Go to Cineplex.com (or the website for a non-Cineplex theater), select the movie that you want to purchase an advance ticket for, note down the cinema's name, the movie showtime and date, and the type of tickets you'd like to purchase.
2) In the Sinemia app, click on 'Advance Showtimes' and select your movie, showtime and the type of showing (2D/3D/IMAX/etc). Click "Confirm" and you will get a confirmation message, note down the ZIP code here. You now have 2 hours to purchase your movie tickets. If you do not purchase tickets within this time frame, it will not count as a ticket having been used against your monthly allowance. When you buy an advance ticket, you cannot buy another advance ticket until the selected showing has passed. Tickets can be purchased using the Cineplex website or app.
3) If using the website or app, then when you come to payment, choose Mastercard as the payment method and put in the Sinemia card information.
4) You must be at the theater with your phone (the one the Sinemia app is installed on with your Location settings enabled) within 30 mins of your showtime. This is for the Sinemia people to confirm you are the one using the ticket. Open the Sinemia app and click the yellow 'check in' button.
5) You may be asked to provide a photo of the ticket through the app after your purchase. Some of these steps may not show up for you, don't worry about it. It seems to be asking randomly.

General Tips:
-You can watch one movie per day. For example, you cannot use both your tickets on one day if you're on a 2 movie/month plan to bring your friend with you.
-Your tickets can be used for a 2D or 3D movie on any day. One of your tickets can be used for any of the following once every 30 days : IMAX 2D, IMAX 3D, XD, Dolby Atmos, ScreenX, Dbox, or 4DX. The 30 days are independent of the 30 day cycle of your plan, so if your 2 movie a month plan starts on March 15th and you watch an IMAX movie on March 30th, you won't get to watch your next IMAX movie until April 30th, even though your non-premium movie quota renews on April 15th.
-You can only install the application on ONE phone/device at a time and are able to switch that phone/device 3 times (one after the other), over the lifetime of your subscription.
- if you want to use the membership immediately, you have to pay a one-time fee of $9.99 for instant activation.

Extension and Renewal:
-On the website, under your account settings, you can click the Extend option to add more months to your subscription at the current price you're paying. If the oscars promo box is checked, the price might be higher than what you originally paid when the "oscars" promo was cheaper. Try unclicking it and typing in "oscars" again. The proper discount should show up.
-If you are on a month to month plan, your next monthly payment will at the same rate as your previous one (i.e. at the discounted fare). However, if you cancel, then you may lose the promo rate when you reactivate. Sinemia sends a 24 hour notice before the renewal date in case of a price increase. Previously, this has happened at the 6 month mark. At that point, you can choose to cancel your membership and sign up again with a promo rate. One way to avoid this is to extend your membership in advance or switch to an annual plan.
5112 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
Movie pass is suing sinemia for patent infringement.

Sinemia seems be more sustainable, they limit to how many movies you can watch while movie pass doesn't.

Moviepass probably pays a huge amount of money for big box Office movies, they bleeding money in that aspect.
Oct 31, 2017
250 posts
365 upvotes
here, there, and eve…
I am in BC, and for theatres it shows Williams Lake and Burns Lake, go to look at Calgary and Edmonton and it sends me to Turkey
Let's go Canucks
$35 Rogers unlimited talk and text plan between Canada, US and Mexico
27 gbs of data throughout Canada, US and Mexico
Jan 14, 2012
319 posts
291 upvotes
Do we know if the Oscars promo price will continue or just first month type of thing?
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
4239 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
FAQ says premium movies are only one per month. I assume that's doubled under "Sinema for two" plan
Jan 31, 2018
574 posts
597 upvotes
+1 to OP for the new about this

But according to the Sinema website there are few participating theatres in Canada.
Can't wait for Movie pass to get here. Or at least a wider rollout for something like Sinema.
Feb 5, 2012
250 posts
471 upvotes
Woodbridge
Thanks OP. Seems like there a decent amount of options in the GTA.
Jul 31, 2016
642 posts
1275 upvotes
Whitby
So when I try to pay with Google Pay, it wants to charge the same value but in USD. Be careful.
Dec 30, 2017
383 posts
275 upvotes
Edmonton
If anyone can confirm this their app is not able to locate me and show available theaters

Please if anyone else can try and update here.....
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2456 posts
2953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So just so that I understand the pricing right:

if I choose to pay all 12 months at once, it's $14.99/month?

but if I choose to pay monthly, it's $15.99/month?

Really loving this
Dec 30, 2017
383 posts
275 upvotes
Edmonton
blackston3 wrote: So just so that I understand the pricing right:

if I choose to pay all 12 months at once, it's $14.99/month?

but if I choose to pay monthly, it's $15.99/month?

Really loving this
So i am thinking will this promo price stay even if we pay monthly?
Will it be 15.99 monthlythroughout the year ?Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1947 posts
2459 upvotes
floyder70 wrote: Thanks OP. Seems like there a decent amount of options in the GTA.
Where do you go to find the cinemas that this is valid for?
Dec 30, 2017
383 posts
275 upvotes
Edmonton
EananC641158 wrote: Where do you go to find the cinemas that this is valid for?
On their main page it has all thesters listed
Punch in your pincode and check
Apr 29, 2013
619 posts
1010 upvotes
Candiac
Thanks OP, trying out the monthly plan for 2. All theaters seem available on the Montreal south shore...
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1947 posts
2459 upvotes
Do we have to wait for the physical card to come or can we use it right after signing up? Seems you have to wait and would like to use it today.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2408 posts
3795 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Took a flier on the $10.99 monthly plan; may increase it after a test run. There are a surprising number of movies coming out in March that I'd be interested in seeing, so this dovetails nicely with my Cineplex coupons that expire March 8.
Spots available in my Duolingo Super Family Plan.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2456 posts
2953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
EananC641158 wrote: Do we have to wait for the physical card to come or can we use it right after signing up? Seems you have to wait and would like to use it today.
States you need the card. So only after receiving it
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1947 posts
2459 upvotes
SuckaB wrote: FAQ says premium movies are only one per month. I assume that's doubled under "Sinema for two" plan
Can you post the link to where it says what is a "premium" movie. Im guessing IMAX are but interested to see what else are and if some cinemas are only "premium".

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)