Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sinemia

Sinemia promo for 2 tickets from $9.99 mth, including premium showings (similar to MoviePass)

Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
AlliiMariie wrote: Uhm, isn't that what we are all planning? LOL I booked and saw my premium movie right after I got my card (I had to wait for tomb raider to actually start playing in theatres lol)

But yes I believe it will be possible. We really need to make sure we count the 30 days haha but yes it should be.. I mean I think?? Now I'm doubting on that last single month LOL

But as long as you get your fee paid for, everything else after that is "free" .. in a way. That's how I look at it anyway lol! (I hope that's not confusing haha. Sorry if it is)
I guess I just wanted to make sure I was not missing any other rules or details.
In order to cash in on 12 premiums, you'd have to be willing to be more flexible with what you watch, especially if commited to 4dx.

Solo and Infinity War are movies I'd ideally like to see in Premium/4dx
Both are released around the 25th, a month apart.
If my card arrives by the end of the week, I would try to time it so my 2nd premium would be IW, and my 3rd would be Solo.

C'mon Canada Post!!!! Make it happen!
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Mar 1, 2016
594 posts
259 upvotes
Scarborough
Got my card in 3 business days. Already booked infinity war. Imax 3d. Thanks for all the tips in here guys. Didn't have any problem with pin verification.
Mar 13, 2018
381 posts
467 upvotes
Hellfire wrote: I was able switch my membership from a monthly to annual at the promo pricing.
OKAY WAIT WHAT HOW.. They told me to cancel my membership and then make a new account after my membership expired.. is that what you did?!
Mar 13, 2018
381 posts
467 upvotes
Kontos wrote: I wonder if there's a way for them to let you keep your original card and not deactivate it but instead transfer your new account onto it. Would save time and money
Ya that's what I'm thinking.. Maybe it will ask if I already have a card? I don't remember to be honest.
Dec 23, 2011
558 posts
418 upvotes
"Your tickets can be used for a 2D or 3D movie on any day. Also, one of your tickets can be used for either of the following technologies of your choice once every 30 days : IMAX 2D, IMAX 3D, XD, Dolby Atmos, ScreenX, Dbox, or 4DX."

This is what the website says for Canada. UltraAVX or Avx is considered as non premium as its not listed on their app category. This maybe changed in future. For now they don't seem to count avx as premium

So people can watch ultraAVX in 2d or 3d as normal ticket.
I've successfully watched one imax and one ultraavx 3d. Both advanced ticket from the app.

They may change this later on. now some movies aren't even listed in normal 2d or 3d. The movie I picked is Pacific rim at cineplex Eglinton. And they don't even have show times in normal style. All are ultraavx 2d and 3d and imax 3d and dbox

So maybe it depends on the theater too? If the theater isn't playing the movie in normal 2d 3d then sinemia has no choice but to let us pick the first cheapest available style of movie.

We are the customers and they can't force us to watch another movie than the one we want to watch just because the theater that they have listed in their app isn't playing a normal style category.
Last edited by lilhar93 on Mar 22nd, 2018 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
$45 Rogers 105GB BYOD CAN+MEX+US Redwireless
$40 Rogers 110GB BYOD CAN+US Redwireless
Dec 23, 2011
558 posts
418 upvotes
To change membership and plans you just login to sinemia on laptop and change to monthly or prepaid yearly. It then asks if you already have sinemia debit. Click yes then enter the same card details you already have then it will automatically switch over.

Also if you are on a month to month. Your next Month payment will still be same as previous. So if you activated with promo code. They will charge same amount one day before it expires. For the next month. Unless you cancle then you lose the promo when u reactivate

It says there. You will be charged the same amount as previous month including the promo. Unless you cancle the membership and reactivate then it will be charged full payment.
$45 Rogers 105GB BYOD CAN+MEX+US Redwireless
$40 Rogers 110GB BYOD CAN+US Redwireless
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2656 posts
1738 upvotes
Burnaby
AlliiMariie wrote: If it has been longer than 10 days I would definitely contact them at support@sinemia.com
Well I was planning to contact them after 10 business days have passed (its been 8 so far) but I guess it can't hurt to contact them earlier

I haven't received the dreaded "activation" email yet (apparently it only arrives after the card has been delivered according to the original email post-payment) so I'm not too worried yet but certainly it would be nice to get the card ASAP
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2842 posts
3454 upvotes
Toronto
lilhar93 wrote:
So maybe it depends on the theater too? If the theater isn't playing the movie in normal 2d 3d then sinemia has no choice but to let us pick the first cheapest available style of movie.

We are the customers and they can't force us to watch another movie than the one we want to watch just because the theater that they have listed in their app isn't playing a normal style category.
If I'm understanding you right, I think you are kinda making up your own rules here. If they don't have UltraAVX, then there is an argument to be able to select 3d instead of IMAX. But if your theatre options only shows IMAX available, then those are the ticket types available and that's what you should be selecting in the app.

If that theatre only shows IMAX or DBox, then your choice is to choose the IMAX option or not watch at all or go somewhere else. It is not Sinemia's fault that the movie theatre you chose to go to doesn't have a regular 2D or 3D option. It's not a customer's right to always have the cheapest option available for a movie if the theatre doesn't do 2D for that movie at the moment. Claiming that you are watching a regular movie when you are in fact watching a premium movie is defrauding Sinemia and violating their rules, they can cancel your account.
Last edited by silverele on Mar 22nd, 2018 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2656 posts
1738 upvotes
Burnaby
They replied back already - that was rapid!

Here's what they said:

"Thank you for your email. We promise to ship the cards within 3 business days after receiving the order. Your order was received on 3-8. Your card was shipped on 3-13 and you can expect it to be delivered within 10 business days after the day it was shipped."

In other words, I should expect it on or before next Tuesday - can't wait!
Aug 22, 2013
331 posts
99 upvotes
Edmonton
I was able to purchase my tickets tonight for an advance dated screening. Unfortunately I could not combine a 2 for 1 coupon I had since the coupon was not inclusive to 3d screening (additional 5$ charge).

I believe the sinemia card only allows to complete a transaction for one admission, but I think if the coupon covered the cost of the 3d format, it probably would have processed the coupon.
Oct 31, 2017
250 posts
365 upvotes
here, there, and eve…
Kontos wrote: FYI for those in BC...my card came on Monday but was delivered to my neighbor. Just saw him today so was able to get it from him. So it took 6 days to get to Vancouver. Came from a downtown Toronto address.
I am in rural BC, ordered my card on March 4th, was hoping I would get my card sometime end of last week or beginning of this week, still nada!! I order bark box for my dog, the first few months of the order, they would ship it around the middle of the month and arrive before the end of the month, well February's bark box just arrived today over a month later!! ugh i hope my sinemia card doesn't take that long as I am heading to Vancouver Easter weekend and would like to check out a movie that we wouldn't get in Kamloops or Salmon Arm.
Let's go Canucks
$35 Rogers unlimited talk and text plan between Canada, US and Mexico
27 gbs of data throughout Canada, US and Mexico
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
1212 posts
772 upvotes
Vancouver
Interesting discussion re UltraAVX showings.

While it is true that it's not listed as one of the premium format types on Sinemia's website, I wouldn't consider it a regular 3D/2D movie either.

I'm more inclined to believe that we technically are not supposed to purchase UltraAVX tickets.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
kooltilltheen wrote: They replied back already - that was rapid!

Here's what they said:

"Thank you for your email. We promise to ship the cards within 3 business days after receiving the order. Your order was received on 3-8. Your card was shipped on 3-13 and you can expect it to be delivered within 10 business days after the day it was shipped."

In other words, I should expect it on or before next Tuesday - can't wait!
I ordered on Sunday, so if they followed this 3 day rule, I might receive it on Friday (I'm in Toronto).
Fingers crossed, as I would watch a premium immediately, so my next premium in 30 days would be Infinity War.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2842 posts
3454 upvotes
Toronto
pentiumvi wrote: Interesting discussion re UltraAVX showings.

While it is true that it's not listed as one of the premium format types on Sinemia's website, I wouldn't consider it a regular 3D/2D movie either.

I'm more inclined to believe that we technically are not supposed to purchase UltraAVX tickets.
I looked into this a bit more. UltraAVX is a term made up by Cineplex. It can contain Dolby Atmos technology, but it doesn't always. When you buy a ticket online, it will say ATMOS next to it, which according to Sinemia's FAQ is counted as premium movie.

However, what to choose if there is no UltraAVX or Dolby Atmos option listed in the app? Sinemia doesn't seem to know it exists as @lilhar93 pointed out. Price wise (at least in some Toronto theatres), 2D UltraAVX is the same price as a regular 3D movie ($16.50). So I don't think it would be bad if you pick 3D for a 2D UltraAVX movie in that case since Sinemia pays the same thing. That way you get to watch a premium movie and save your premium movie slot for IMAX or D-Box, at least until Sinemia changes their list.

The sticking point is if you want UltraAVX 3D, which is just $1 cheaper than most IMAX movies ($18.50 vs $19.50, at least in some Toronto theatres). In that case, just use your best judgment so that Sinemia doesn't think there is abuse happening.
Jan 23, 2017
104 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto/GTA
anyone else find it weird they ask for the last 3 digits of your SSN when activating your card? I just left it blank and it still allowed me to Activate my card.
"Who do you think you are, I am!" -Pete Weber
Sep 17, 2008
829 posts
320 upvotes
BC
I am in GVR and ordered two cards 5 mins apart for the same address last Monday. Got one this Monday and still waiting for the other one to show up. I guess my friend and I won't be able to watch Pacific Rim this weekend.
Mar 1, 2016
594 posts
259 upvotes
Scarborough
moundie wrote: anyone else find it weird they ask for the last 3 digits of your SSN when activating your card? I just left it blank and it still allowed me to Activate my card.
SSN option comes up only on iPhone. I have android and iPhone. Didn't come up on android. I entered random digits and worked.
Mar 1, 2016
594 posts
259 upvotes
Scarborough
lyh_chnxm wrote: I am in GVR and ordered two cards 5 mins apart for the same address last Monday. Got one this Monday and still waiting for the other one to show up. I guess my friend and I won't be able to watch Pacific Rim this weekend.
I ordered 2 cards 3 hours away from each other. Got both at the same time. I think they're doing it manually. The address is a downtown location.
Mar 1, 2016
594 posts
259 upvotes
Scarborough
silverele wrote: I looked into this a bit more. UltraAVX is a term made up by Cineplex. It can contain Dolby Atmos technology, but it doesn't always. When you buy a ticket online, it will say ATMOS next to it, which according to Sinemia's FAQ is counted as premium movie.

However, what to choose if there is no UltraAVX or Dolby Atmos option listed in the app? Sinemia doesn't seem to know it exists as @lilhar93 pointed out. Price wise (at least in some Toronto theatres), 2D UltraAVX is the same price as a regular 3D movie ($16.50). So I don't think it would be bad if you pick 3D for a 2D UltraAVX movie in that case since Sinemia pays the same thing. That way you get to watch a premium movie and save your premium movie slot for IMAX or D-Box, at least until Sinemia changes their list.

The sticking point is if you want UltraAVX 3D, which is just $1 cheaper than most IMAX movies ($18.50 vs $19.50, at least in some Toronto theatres). In that case, just use your best judgment so that Sinemia doesn't think there is abuse happening.
This explanation makes sense to me. I'm gonna book 2d avx as my second ticket. :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)