Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sinemia

Sinemia promo for 2 tickets from $9.99 mth, including premium showings (similar to MoviePass)

Jan 23, 2017
104 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto/GTA
A3rr0w wrote: SSN option comes up only on iPhone. I have android and iPhone. Didn't come up on android. I entered random digits and worked.
Makes it even more bizarre
"Who do you think you are, I am!" -Pete Weber
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
2782 posts
664 upvotes
Toronto
silverele wrote: The sticking point is if you want UltraAVX 3D, which is just $1 cheaper than most IMAX movies ($18.50 vs $19.50, at least in some Toronto theatres). In that case, just use your best judgment so that Sinemia doesn't think there is abuse happening.
So Imax for one ticket, and 2d ultra avx for the second?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2842 posts
3454 upvotes
Toronto
blitzforce wrote: So Imax for one ticket, and 2d ultra avx for the second?
Yeah that sounds about right since the price seems to be the same for 3D and 2D UltraAVX. Check your theatre prices first though. I don't know how the Sinemia MC card reports purchases, but I doubt it will say the different types of movie you watch. Regular MCs just list the merchants and not what you bought.

I don't really see them checking too carefully if the prices are the same. They might look at differences in movie check-in time, but it's a waste of time for someone there to figure out if your movie time matches the 3D listings and not anything else. Movie times change all the time.
Mar 1, 2016
594 posts
259 upvotes
Scarborough
moundie wrote: Makes it even more bizarre
The way I look at it is. I am paying 10 dollars a month, I already booked a 20 dollar ticket and have one extra ticket to spare. And 170 scene points for that ticket. And they don't have any personal information of mine except my credit card for the purchase (I didn't even give the correct date of birth)

End result, savings and lot of movies for the year.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2006
1494 posts
1206 upvotes
Edmonton
A3rr0w wrote: This explanation makes sense to me. I'm gonna book 2d avx as my second ticket. :)
Tough to find 2d AVX movies nowadays. They always tack on the useless 3d.
Mar 1, 2016
594 posts
259 upvotes
Scarborough
Simby wrote: Tough to find 2d AVX movies nowadays. They always tack on the useless 3d.
I personally don't prefer 3d. Tbh, I've not seen many movies that actually make a difference with 3d. But yeah, most movies nowadays are 3d just for that extra dollar or so.
Mar 13, 2018
381 posts
467 upvotes
lilhar93 wrote: To change membership and plans you just login to sinemia on laptop and change to monthly or prepaid yearly. It then asks if you already have sinemia debit. Click yes then enter the same card details you already have then it will automatically switch over.

Also if you are on a month to month. Your next Month payment will still be same as previous. So if you activated with promo code. They will charge same amount one day before it expires. For the next month. Unless you cancle then you lose the promo when u reactivate

It says there. You will be charged the same amount as previous month including the promo. Unless you cancle the membership and reactivate then it will be charged full payment.
That didn't happen on my account. It only allowed me to upgrade at regular price. So I emailed them and they told me to cancel my account and then make a new one after this one expires :s

Lol? :/
Aug 22, 2013
331 posts
99 upvotes
Edmonton
lyh_chnxm wrote: I am in GVR and ordered two cards 5 mins apart for the same address last Monday. Got one this Monday and still waiting for the other one to show up. I guess my friend and I won't be able to watch Pacific Rim this weekend.
There's no stopping you from buying a ticket outright and the other from using their membership.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Just came back to thank OP. Got my card a week or so ago and used it to see a movie once already. A slightly weird process but it worked using the Atom app. I’m 80 cents ahead so far.
Mar 1, 2016
594 posts
259 upvotes
Scarborough
Jerico wrote: Just came back to thank OP. Got my card a week or so ago and used it to see a movie once already. A slightly weird process but it worked using the Atom app. I’m 80 cents ahead so far.
Atom app? What does that do?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2961 upvotes
Toronto, ON
A3rr0w wrote: Got my card in 3 business days. Already booked infinity war. Imax 3d. Thanks for all the tips in here guys. Didn't have any problem with pin verification.
How is that possible?

Infinity War isn't released until April 27th... Advance booking through Sinemia as of today only reaches to date 04/22
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2842 posts
3454 upvotes
Toronto
blackston3 wrote: How is that possible?

Infinity War isn't released until April 27th... Advance booking through Sinemia as of today only reaches to date 04/22
Also, since Infinity War doesn't come out until April 27, it is more than 30 days away from today and into next month's subscription? Does that skip the 2 tickets for this month because we can't get more advanced tickets until the current booked one has passed?
Mar 13, 2018
381 posts
467 upvotes
Hellfire wrote: Went to extend my membership, was able to select annual and then put in the promo code.
Very weird. Oh well, good for you! Please pray the promo code will be valid after April 10 :(!!!
Mar 1, 2016
594 posts
259 upvotes
Scarborough
blackston3 wrote: How is that possible?

It's a bug in the android app. For any other Android users, there is a scroller on the bottom of the page when you tap on date under advance ticket to select the date. It has 3 and 4 in the first set which represents March and April. When you select 4 for April, the dates change and only allow 30 days from the current date. But the trick is, select 26 in the day section first while keeping month as March and change to 4 in month scroller for April and quickly tap submit before the app gets time to refresh the days. I didn't expect it to work but it did. Rofl.

It clearly showed Apr 26th and I proceeded to the next page and all done.
Last edited by A3rr0w on Mar 23rd, 2018 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 1, 2016
594 posts
259 upvotes
Scarborough
silverele wrote: Also, since Infinity War doesn't come out until April 27, it is more than 30 days away from today and into next month's subscription? Does that skip the 2 tickets for this month because we can't get more advanced tickets until the current booked one has passed?
It took 1 ticket from this month for me. I'm sure I'll get 2 tickets for my next cycle. But yeah, im aware of the rule against premium in 30 day window. I might not be able to book a premium ticket in the next month window. But for infinity war, it's worth it for me. I can make do with 2 regular tickets next month if it comes to that.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2842 posts
3454 upvotes
Toronto
A3rr0w wrote: It took 1 ticket from this month for me. I'm sure I'll get 2 tickets for my next cycle. But yeah, im aware of the rule against premium in 30 day window. I might not be able to book a premium ticket in the next month window. But for infinity war, it's worth it for me. I can make do with 2 regular tickets next month if it comes to that.
I just tested it, your trick works, interesting!

It's good to know you can do that, especially if you have an annual subscription and want to plan ahead. I probably won't use it too much though since I like to buy my tickets with the advanced purchase feature and supposedly you can't buy another advanced ticket until the last one you bought has been watched. I haven't testing buying a 2nd advanced ticket dated before my 1st advanced ticket, but if anyone else tries and is successful, let us know!
Last edited by silverele on Mar 23rd, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 13, 2018
381 posts
467 upvotes
Hellfire wrote: I just extended before my first month even started.
But it didn't allow me to do that. Maybe after I emailed them they fixed it ?? Not sure.. But they told me to cancel my membership and create a new one after it expires.

So.. should I email them to see if they updated it? I feel like I'd be annoying them? Lol
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1538 posts
421 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Finally pulled the trigger and will try it out.

Let's see how long it takes to arrive to BC...has anyone tried to refer a friend yet? was going to buy two accounts, but thought I would do the referral...just want to see if it works.

Thanks!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)