Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sinemia

Sinemia promo for 2 tickets from $9.99 mth, including premium showings (similar to MoviePass)

May 14, 2007
430 posts
166 upvotes
Vancouver
AmRando wrote: The c**ksuckers at Sinemia tried to charge my credit card for an annual renewal today, despite that they've been bankrupt for months and my account hasn't been usable for over 4 months already. Thank goodness my card expired previously.

How is that even legal, given they're bankrupt and out of business?
Did you cancel prior to their bankruptcy though?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
AmRando wrote: The c**ksuckers at Sinemia tried to charge my credit card for an annual renewal today, despite that they've been bankrupt for months and my account hasn't been usable for over 4 months already. Thank goodness my card expired previously.

That's crazy! How were you notified? By email? I've cancelled, but I'm worried that they will pull something sketchy since we don't really get cancellation confirmation.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2574 posts
2827 upvotes

I've previously cancelled went through all the multiple are you sure are you sure can't re-sign up for a year etc (avengers end game coming next week it said lol) Removed my active card and left the expired card on file.
Let's hope that's it. *Fingers crossed*
Deal Guru
Oct 17, 2001
11978 posts
115 upvotes
Help!
how were you guys able to change your CC? I get an error when I try (Your account cannot currently make live charges. If you are the site owner, please activate your account at https://dashboard.stripe.com/account/details to remove this limitation. If you are a customer trying to make a purchase, please contact the owner of this site. Your transaction has not been processed.)
I'm trying to use a CC generator to change it to.
Nov 10, 2017
30 posts
27 upvotes
I just called my bank and cancelled my CC and asked for a new one with a new number. I’d figure that would be safe?

FWIW, I wasn’t able to change or remove my CC on Sinemia either.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
I guess, given that they are truly a fraudulent company, engaging in criminal (unauthorized) transactions with my CC info isn't that far fetched. Still, I'm lazy to cancel my CC. I figure if anything happens, that's what 0% liability is for. The CC will sort it out. Why should I go out of my way?
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1818 posts
1731 upvotes
I'm a bit confused why people care that they are bankrupt in the US ? That would be like American shoppers no longer shopping at Target because they went bankrupt in Canada ?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
2621 posts
2113 upvotes
Toronto
As people are unable to book tickets and use services they paid for. Also logically, any company going bankrupt in US is bigger deal than its going bankrupt in Canada.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
Tcalp wrote: I'm a bit confused why people care that they are bankrupt in the US ? That would be like American shoppers no longer shopping at Target because they went bankrupt in Canada ?
The issue is that Sinemia going bankrupt in the US has meant that we can't use it in Canada, even if we wanted to. The US company was the backbone and once they went under, the entire system closed down and no one has been able to use the service in Canada since.

Trust me, I'd be very happy to use it if it was still working here, it just doesn't.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2099 posts
1824 upvotes
AB
silverele wrote: The issue is that Sinemia going bankrupt in the US has meant that we can't use it in Canada, even if we wanted to. The US company was the backbone and once they went under, the entire system closed down and no one has been able to use the service in Canada since.

Trust me, I'd be very happy to use it if it was still working here, it just doesn't.
Yep, haven't been working for me since March.
Jan 10, 2010
26 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
So now the Sinemia site is completely down. Anyone have any luck getting money back other than from the auto renewals?