• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2018 1:20 pm
Nov 29, 2017
346 posts
161 upvotes
McKinsey wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 7:55 pm
Asian hospitality > *.

I haven’t had a chance to fly First or SQ, but Business was impeccable. One of the better lobster meals on-board.
The lobster and Rimowa on EVA!!!
[OP]
Aug 10, 2010
502 posts
114 upvotes
Mars.
Omakase wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 8:19 pm
This was just in six months. I love BR. Don't mind the shoddy AC kits to the left. :D
20161214_212936.jpg
Nov 29, 2017
346 posts
161 upvotes
superangrypenguin wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 8:43 pm
This was just in six months. I love BR. Don't mind the shoddy AC kits to the left. :D

20161214_212936.jpg
Lol the ac kits are not souvenir worthy
F6784583-3AE0-4E2D-BC22-BD27B9E9E8B9.jpeg
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
1132 posts
651 upvotes
Arrgh wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 6:57 pm
Interesting for some people to be comparing J class services in RFD. Probably more suited to flyertalk.
This.

This thread quickly degenerated into the "My ---- is bigger than yours" category, which seems to be the dominant theme at places like FT.
[OP]
Aug 10, 2010
502 posts
114 upvotes
Mars.
Omakase wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 9:03 pm
Lol the ac kits are not souvenir worthy

F6784583-3AE0-4E2D-BC22-BD27B9E9E8B9.jpeg
LOVE IT!
Nov 29, 2017
346 posts
161 upvotes
Lmao if my company values my work and provides j class tickets for my business travel, I still want the best deal, and this thread is a great way to discuss which airline provides the best perks and why.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8655 posts
1484 upvotes
superangrypenguin wrote:

20161214_212936.jpg
what are those things?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7216 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
Omakase wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 9:47 pm
Lmao if my company values my work and provides j class tickets for my business travel, I still want the best deal, and this thread is a great way to discuss which airline provides the best perks and why.
Is this really a fair comparison for most business travellers? Singapore Airlines flies into 4 US cities, only one of which is near Toronto and no Canadian cities. Obviously Asian airlines are superior to north American carriers, but is this a real choice for an asia bound business traveller?

Comparison of EVA / Cathay and maybe ANA would be fair comparison.

Also connecting in Taipai, HK or Japan results in a shorter journey for most desintations vs Singapore. unless you are heading to Indonesia or Australia.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3569 posts
309 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
rocking23nf wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 11:01 pm
what are those things?
Amenities kits (toothbrush, socks, etc.) provided by the airline.
Dec 22, 2017
188 posts
74 upvotes
Omakase wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 8:19 pm
Not a fan of their planes and j class service and lounge is lacking for Eva. They're barely above AC and one of the worse Asian airlines if you don't count the china ones . Even with the degradation of cx...still better than Eva for service and food on Eva is meh especially the snacks and in their lounges

They do have the cheapest j class prices though usually so when I travel on my dime, I consider them
Nov 29, 2017
346 posts
161 upvotes
GangStarr wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 11:15 pm
Is this really a fair comparison for most business travellers?
Not my thread, but good for discussion
[OP]
Aug 10, 2010
502 posts
114 upvotes
Mars.
TrafficEng wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 11:53 pm
Not a fan of their planes and j class service and lounge is lacking for Eva. They're barely above AC and one of the worse Asian airlines if you don't count the china ones . Even with the degradation of cx...still better than Eva for service and food on Eva is meh especially the snacks and in their lounges

They do have the cheapest j class prices though usually so when I travel on my dime, I consider them
You could not be farther off the mark. Let's compare lounges.

AC MLL at YYZ vs the PPL? One has edible food, one doesn't.

AC food on board vs BR? Same idea. With BR, you can also select a meal in advance. With AC, you cannot.

AC service vs BR service? - this one is dependent on if you want Western hospitality or Asian, and if you can speak Mandarin or not. So this is a toss up.

AC zonal boarding vs BR? LOL :D AC boarding/GAs are a joke.

AC IFE > BR IFE

BR has onboard wifi, and if you have the right HSBC Premier MC, you get it for free. AC doesn't have wifi

If you think BR is one of the worst Asian carriers, you have no idea what you're talking about. Genuinely, if you think BR is worse than CA, or China Eastern, you're out of this world and are ignorant.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1282 posts
430 upvotes
New York City
superangrypenguin wrote:

20161214_212936.jpg
You’re missing the white one ;)
Dec 22, 2017
188 posts
74 upvotes
superangrypenguin wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 8:56 am
You could not be farther off the mark. Let's compare lounges.

AC MLL at YYZ vs the PPL? One has edible food, one doesn't.

AC food on board vs BR? Same idea. With BR, you can also select a meal in advance. With AC, you cannot.

AC service vs BR service? - this one is dependent on if you want Western hospitality or Asian, and if you can speak Mandarin or not. So this is a toss up.

AC zonal boarding vs BR? LOL :D AC boarding/GAs are a joke.

AC IFE > BR IFE

BR has onboard wifi, and if you have the right HSBC Premier MC, you get it for free. AC doesn't have wifi

If you think BR is one of the worst Asian carriers, you have no idea what you're talking about. Genuinely, if you think BR is worse than CA, or China Eastern, you're out of this world and are ignorant.
Did you not read my post? Please re read again. After reading my second sentence...
TrafficEng wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 11:53 pm
Not a fan of their planes and j class service and lounge is lacking for Eva. They're barely above AC and one of the worse Asian airlines if you don't count the china ones .
Can you name a worse Asian carrier than BR for J class? I most certainly can't.

BR lounges are always the worse ones in Asia. Their j class pods and equipment are even worse than AC

Again they compare ok (disregarding equipment or pod comfort, the 787 j class are way better as well) with AC, but they're an Asian airline and their service, product and lounge are not competitive to other Asian carriers, even the downgraded cx product is still better
Last edited by TrafficEng on Feb 11th, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Aug 10, 2010
502 posts
114 upvotes
Mars.
TrafficEng wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 12:45 pm
Did you not read my post? Please re read again. After reading my second sentence...

Can you name a worse Asian carrier than BR for J class? I most certainly can't.

BR lounges are always the worse ones in Asia. Their j class pods and equipment are even worse than AC

Again they compare ok (disregarding equipment or pod comfort, the 787 j class are way better as well) with AC, but they're an Asian airline and their service, product and lounge are not competitive to other Asian carriers, even the downgraded cx product is still better
You cannot remove "all Chinese carriers" in your comparison with "All Asian carriers". It's simply not fair. That's like saying "AC is the best N. American carrier, if you remove all US carriers for discussion sake". :rolleyes:

Can you name a better Asian carrier than BR? CX/SQ is on par.

BR lounges are almost certainly not worse in Asia. There are 4 alone in TPE, and the J pods are almost identical. Do you not know AC uses a BR lounge at TPE, as an example? If you want to compare a MLL to a BR lounge then clearly you need to visit more BR and more AC lounges. Equipment diff between AC and BR? Please. Equipment = 773s, unless you're a big fan of the 787, which simply don't have the capacity that the 773s offer.

If you prefer AC > BR, all the power to you, but 99% of the internet disagrees with you. I have flown more on AC than probably everyone on this thread put together, mileage wise, as I have also done on BR. Feel free to pick an airport, a route, and I'll dissect it to pieces.

Oh and what does this have anything to do with SQ and AC?!