[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1456 posts
192 upvotes
Markham

Sirius Subscription up for renewal

Hi can I ask something?
My 2 year subscription to Sirius is up for renewal, 1 car only, and the letter they sent me, says they will automatically sign me up for another 2 year renewal for 328 plus taxes.from what I recall I think I just have the basic plan, no Howard Stern etc, but I don't remember how much I paid. I paid for 2 years in full.
I plan on calling them and negotiate. Can anybody share with me how much they pay a year so I'm in a better position? I'm positive I would have told them to forget it 2 years ago if they quoted me that.
Thanks
6 replies
May 31, 2009
975 posts
301 upvotes
My Ford came with a free trial and i let the run its time. I would cancelyour subscription or call them and see what they can offer you. Seems like a lot are calling and threatening to leave and are offered a one year deal for $99Cnd.

They had a promo a few months back that was 6 months for $30 plus taxes. (might be up to $50 now) That/This one did come with Howard Stern and most of the channels included.
Oct 13, 2014
950 posts
386 upvotes
Somewhere, ON
When mine came up for renewal (SiriusXM) last February the best they could offer me was $130.00. I said no thinks and at the end of the subscription it was cancelled. Yesterday when trying to track an "warning beep" in my truck I had to go into SiriusXM to see it it was their warning beep as to an expired subscription. Surprisingly my subscription was again active, for how long who knows, but it is back.
“When you marry the right woman, you are ‘complete.’ If you marry the wrong woman, you are ‘finished.’ And, if the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are ‘completely finished.'"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1456 posts
192 upvotes
Markham
rcmpvet wrote:
May 18th, 2017 7:20 am
When mine came up for renewal (SiriusXM) last February the best they could offer me was $130.00. I said no thinks and at the end of the subscription it was cancelled. Yesterday when trying to track an "warning beep" in my truck I had to go into SiriusXM to see it it was their warning beep as to an expired subscription. Surprisingly my subscription was again active, for how long who knows, but it is back.
Thanks everyone. I'm going to make the call today.
I looked at the plans they offer. I have the basic Sirius Select presently being offered for 15.99 a month, and when I do the math, they are offering me the equivalent of 14.65 a month.
No wow factor there.
Let you know how it pans out.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1456 posts
192 upvotes
Markham
Ok I got it for 14.5 a month, all taxes in...2 year
3.6 a week
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2005
4714 posts
531 upvotes
Just renewed at $7.50/mo taxes in ...6 mos.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8912 posts
724 upvotes
GTA
rcmpvet wrote:
May 18th, 2017 7:20 am
Surprisingly my subscription was again active, for how long who knows, but it is back.
They are running a promo. Inactive Sirius radios are active again till the end of May so that is why your radio is working again (99% chance that is what it is at least!)