Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Retention offer $59.99/year for 2 years ($119.98)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2015 5:37 pm
Nov 9, 2002
601 posts
261 upvotes
I was/am with Sirius...had it for $79.99 a year, just expired, couldn't get same deal, so I cancelled.
How do I take advantage of these promo codes? When I login and try to sign up for plan or change plan, I never get a spot to put in Promo Code. My Radio ID/ESN is 12 digits so those other XM links don't work as they ask for 8 digit Radio ID.....please advise.

Thanks In Advance
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
2521 posts
1658 upvotes
Ottawa
homer603 wrote: My year was almost up and their retentions did not want to renew me for the $80/yr rate.
The best they could do was $100/yr or $335 for two years!
No effort whatsoever to retain me.

Beware if you cancel. I told him forget it and I was not going to renew.
They will cancel your account and charge you an early cancellation charge.
I received one in the mail for the 2 weeks I had remaining.
Tell them you will consider and get back to them.
Let your subscription lapse. Do not cancel.
Also never give them your credit card because they will auto renew.
Lessons learned with dealing with these pricks.
I can't understand why a company just won't give a flat low rate for all instead of trying to rip people off.
There is no loss of supply (radio waves) and any monies is better than nothing.
Sirius investors care about average revenue per user (ARPU). If ARPU falls, they will want to know what the heck is going on.
Apr 15, 2010
12 posts
1 upvote
ottawa
devilgoalie wrote: Been auto-renewed for 232.27$ tax in, two days ago. For a car subscription only.

Called in to cancel the subscription with such a ridiculous price.

The guy on the phone was very kind and offered me a deal for another year, plus free internet radio for year, for 116.24$ tax in. Which I kindly accept.

I've been with Sirius for over 3 years, so maybe that helped. But still it's not that bad of a deal, considering that internet radio is included. Just like it was when I first subscribed.
I just had the exact same thing, except they wanted $215 and for some reason they removed Internet from my account!
Called in to tell them the price was too high and I wanted the internet radio back (i asked nicely, of course as I find it gets you further) and she offered me $99 with radio (plus tax) for a year. Asked her to apply it to my other radio as well.

Still a happy customer after 6 years.
Apr 20, 2009
414 posts
140 upvotes
Ottawa
I will post this here as well.

This what I got tonight when I renewed over the phone.

I had to renew both my portable radio (Sirius) and my car (XM)... so I have 2 different accounts for 2 different sets of equipment but the same company??

First best offer "available anywhere" was $159 for EACH radio for a grand total of $400+ after fees/taxes. He could do no better. I said I couldn't afford it so I said I should cancel.
Talked to the cancellation CSR "Janet" from NB. This is what I got without any haggling.

1 year renewal for radio and car for $75.00 including tax and RF = $112.14 This is for "Select" programming on both and includes internet/smartphone.

Guys, there are deals to be made! HINT*** try to speak to someone in the Maritimes. My last 2 renewals were sweet and the downhomers are very personable so strike up a conversation.
Good Luck
Feb 1, 2015
86 posts
57 upvotes
Called Sirius last night. The VERY BEST they could do was 99$ for the year with NO royalty fees. I told them I could not afford it to see if they can offer anything better. She said that offer was the very best and they could do no better for a yearly sub. She then offered me 3 months at 16$ (which is a pretty good deal considering it would cost 64$ for the year) but can only apply it once. I took it without hesitation. She then just charged me 14$ for some reason and included online/app functionality.

I'll call back in 3 months to see what they can offer.
Mar 11, 2007
179 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Just sign up for 3 month for $16.14. To my surprise, traffic conditions navigation was enabled in my car too! Traffic is a separate program pricing $5/month
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5989 upvotes
i got my renewal ... auto-renewed $266.71 :( - I called in and bitched saying it was waay out of my price range...got transferred to retentions - new rate for another year $99 + tax including on line streaming (includes Howard Stern). They are refunding the difference back to my credit card.
May 28, 2015
1 posts
Ottawa, ON
raysts wrote: Just sign up for 3 month for $16.14. To my surprise, traffic conditions navigation was enabled in my car too! Traffic is a separate program pricing $5/month
I just try to subscribe with a spring promotion they sent me. They _refused_ to add the traffic based on the concept that you must pay full price for the music if you want to add traffic.
They did not get my money!
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
raysts wrote: Just sign up for 3 month for $16.14. To my surprise, traffic conditions navigation was enabled in my car too! Traffic is a separate program pricing $5/month
How does traffic navigation work with Sirius?
Mar 11, 2007
179 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote: How does traffic navigation work with Sirius?
Very accurate. I m in GTA, taking 404 & 401. Also, Sirius weather also enabled but only USA cities only... No Canadian cities.
Mar 11, 2007
179 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
anyusername wrote: I just try to subscribe with a spring promotion they sent me. They _refused_ to add the traffic based on the concept that you must pay full price for the music if you want to add traffic.
They did not get my money!
Traffic just became active once satellite radio was subscribed. I did not paid extra for the traffic. I only paid $16 for Sirius radio but it came with traffic & weather.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
raysts wrote: Very accurate. I m in GTA, taking 404 & 401. Also, Sirius weather also enabled but only USA cities only... No Canadian cities.

Sorry is the traffic connected to GPS? Sorry unsure how this works technically,speaking or how to get it working.

My apologies
Nov 23, 2012
3 posts
KLEINBURG
Do you hace a promo cofe for that deal?
Also did they charge the music royalty fee on top?
May 8, 2005
393 posts
16 upvotes
Rocky View County, A…
This thread hasn't been updated in awhile. My subscription comes up Oct 18th. What are the current deals that are being offered for retention? Any current codes? Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6564 posts
10853 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
scottt57 wrote: This thread hasn't been updated in awhile. My subscription comes up Oct 18th. What are the current deals that are being offered for retention? Any current codes? Thanks.
You should maybe look at this other more active SiriusXM thread - siriusxm-120-channels-79-96-year-2-49-m ... st23688527

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)