Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1499 posts
229 upvotes
Vaughan
SuperOxide wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 1:16 am
BTW always a pain in the ass to cancel with them, so get it at your own risk
I've never had any issues cancelling with them. Do they give you a hard time or just try to sell you on another plan? They usually give me some pretty good options at the end of any subscription. Sometimes I take it, some times I don't. Offers are usually in line with what can be found on RFD and from time to time even cheaper.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
2853 posts
475 upvotes
Water loo
G77 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 8:37 am
Is it me or does Sirius sound like really bad MP3's? 128Kb max!

Also, they will absolutely bombard you with mail/phone calls trying to get you to sign up.

I have no idea why anyone would pay the $15.99 + tax + fees +etc for this!
Depends on your receiver. My first vehicle I always thought it sounded compressed and tinny, my current one it sounds great with none of the previous complaints.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3821 posts
592 upvotes
Windsor
rilles wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 1:50 pm
Depends on your receiver. My first vehicle I always thought it sounded compressed and tinny, my current one it sounds great with none of the previous complaints.
Could be my car then - it's a 2012 so maybe things have moved on..... Certainly doesn't sound as good as the old iPod I also have plugged in there.
Jul 10, 2003
590 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
bubbasingh1 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 3:54 pm
link dead??
It looks like RFD affiliate tagging breaks the link... Copy and paste the below.

https://care.siriusxm.ca/preownedvehiclestrial_view.action#/preownedtrial
May 6, 2016
127 posts
25 upvotes
Leask
Recently bought a VW Atlas that came with the usual 3 month trial. After receiving several papers in the mail from Sirius, gave them a call and got 6 months for $24.95. I'm okay with that. Just a pita to have to call back in 5 months to plead for same rate for the next 6 months.
Mar 21, 2016
92 posts
90 upvotes
Thanks OP! I successfully signed up with a pre-paid Mastercard. For the billing address I used my Canadian address with Michigan and 48060 and it went through.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1236 posts
401 upvotes
is that free sirius promo where one could repeatedly signup for dead?
Apr 12, 2007
192 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
if you cancel, they will call you EVERY FREAKIN DAY and send you letters every week. I hate them to high hell.
Jan 7, 2017
44 posts
41 upvotes
You can also sign up for a 30 day free trial using a new email address as many times as you want. I have used Sirius to listen to The Howard Stern Show for years using this trick. If you have a few minutes to create a new email address you can basically have a lifetime free sub. Copy and paste link below....hyperlink doesn't work

https://mcare.siriusxm.ca/onboarding/#_frmHome