Oct 6, 2010
10729 posts
5161 upvotes
Toronto

SiriusXM - $60 for 12 months

Price:
Retailer:
Sirus XM
Just got this email. Best price I've seen in a long time. I had $79/year prior. This is only applicable to INACTIVE radios. The total price after taxes and the music royalty is $77.43 for ON residents. Use code: SAVE60A
1.JPG

*Offer Details: Activate a radio and receive a Select subscription at the introductory price for your first 12 months. Your account will be billed the full introductory price at the start of your paid subscription. A Music Royalty and Regulatory Fee (MRF) of 14.2% of the subscription price and taxes apply. After your first 12 months, your subscription will renew every month and your credit card will automatically be charged at the then applicable regular price (currently $16.99/month plus MRF and taxes) for as long as you choose to remain a subscriber. You may call SiriusXM at 1-844-201-3631 to cancel at any time. Offer valid only on your currently inactive radio. All terms, fees and programming subject to change. Subscriptions to SiriusXM Canada are subject to our Customer Agreement available at siriusxm.ca/terms. SiriusXM collects and uses personal information according to our Privacy Policy available at siriusxm.ca/privacy.

No streaming, car only. The URL for the link is targeted so I don't know if you can sign up online, I haven't found any promotion, use 1-844-201-3631 to call it in if you can't register online.

This is available to anyone whom had any type of radio service. IE; bought a new car and it came with a 3 month promo.
Last edited by koffey on Mar 11th, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Thread Summary
Use code: SAVE60A

The total price after taxes and the music royalty is $77.43 for ON residents.

This is only applicable to INACTIVE radios.

No streaming, car only. The URL for the link is targeted so I don't know if you can sign up online, I haven't found any promotion.

This is available to anyone whom had any type of radio service. IE; bought a new car and it came with a 3 month promo.
89 replies
Jun 15, 2011
39145 posts
5745 upvotes
King City
Inactive meaning - a radio that was activated a long time back with some plans here and there? Including ones that stream just the free preview channel?

Going to try.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
2110 posts
281 upvotes
can you sign up for this online? my sub expired
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
10785 posts
13789 upvotes
Montreal
Does it include streaming from app?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3804 posts
575 upvotes
Windsor
So it's 14.2% on top of $60?

Is app use included?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
10729 posts
5161 upvotes
Toronto
Updated the thread to answer some questions.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2110 posts
281 upvotes
I see $68.52 for XMSirius Select, is that the right one?
Feb 1, 2010
424 posts
60 upvotes
mtlboy wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 12:31 pm
I see $68.52 for XMSirius Select, is that the right one?
Yes, + taxes.
Dec 12, 2010
135 posts
58 upvotes
I just signed up online, code worked for me. was $71.95 (after GST) so $6/mo over 12 months.

My radio has been activated a few times over the last 8 years, but not for the last 2+ years.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2110 posts
281 upvotes
dazman09 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 12:34 pm
I just signed up online, code worked for me. was $71.95 (after GST) so $6/mo over 12 months.

My radio has been activated a few times over the last 8 years, but not for the last 2+ years.

Thanks OP.
That was for XM select?
Jan 10, 2013
340 posts
120 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
I bought a new car last month and I've had Sirius calling me nonstop to sign up. It's been a month and I've never used it. My wife had it for 90 days. I just don't understand why anyone would pay for Sirius when Spotify is the same price or cheaper (regular priced). Then, you can listen to what you want, not just the genre you want. I share 6gb data with my wife and never go over, plus with premium you can save music for offline listening. With discover weekly and daily mixes, i vastly prefer Spotify.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1311 posts
333 upvotes
nathanf wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 3:28 pm
I bought a new car last month and I've had Sirius calling me nonstop to sign up. It's been a month and I've never used it. My wife had it for 90 days. I just don't understand why anyone would pay for Sirius when Spotify is the same price or cheaper (regular priced). Then, you can listen to what you want, not just the genre you want. I share 6gb data with my wife and never go over, plus with premium you can save music for offline listening. With discover weekly and daily mixes, i vastly prefer Spotify.
Sirius is annoying, but for many people the fact that it's integrated into their stereo (and the steering wheel controls with my truck) makes it the preferred option. I also like that I can use it when I go camping, which is usually in places without cellphone signal. In fact 70% of my Sirius use is to listen to news reports when I'm in the middle of nowhere.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8869 posts
9665 upvotes
Mine expired Feb 14 of this year..... they sent me $30 for 6 Months, which I guess is basically just double this one.

Yeah no streaming is sorta a breaker for me as I stream on my phone and on my Amazon Echo's at home.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
10729 posts
5161 upvotes
Toronto
nathanf wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 3:28 pm
I don't pay for music services because with Bell, I get stingray music free. But the issue is when I have no cell service. Since I don't subscribe to an insanely expensive data plans , SXM radio makes it an easier option over anything else through paid subscription. I have an at home data plan and rarely push 900mbs a month. So, something like this is a great deal when I'm out of my zoning area.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke