• Oct 26th, 2015 8:27 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6834 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
Problem still happening with about the same frequency, despite clearing cookies. I am travelling this week so there might be a new batch of subnets in my access profile.
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Apr 12, 2008
753 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
Weird. My logout problems have seemingly ended but now there's no differentiation between threads with new posts since my last visit versus ones without.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
M_Matt wrote: Weird. My logout problems have seemingly ended but now there's no differentiation between threads with new posts since my last visit versus ones without.

See Post 54 about that.
Phils
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5738 posts
1457 upvotes
I have just been logged out yet AGAIN.

This is so annoying!
Oct 12, 2013
588 posts
2973 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Still logging in daily, today I've done it twice. Once in the morning 9am and once about 5pm.
I stay properly logged in on my phone app, even after upgrading to the newest app version.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
iPad user here who is logged out on a daily basis

Thank god for AutoFill or I'd be so annoyed
Jan 28, 2010
396 posts
290 upvotes
GTA
Even worse for me now, my password used to auto-fill, but it says it's wrong every time. So now I have to put in my password again every time :/
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
pm2gonzales wrote: Even worse for me now, my password used to auto-fill, but it says it's wrong every time. So now I have to put in my password again every time :/
Strange. Usually if the autofill password differs, it ask to update it. You can clear your autofill settings so it saves the right credentials.
May 18, 2006
952 posts
401 upvotes
This is literally the only website of any sort that I use that does this behaviour of logging me out of the same device (mobile) everytime I move locations.

You say it was solution to some other problem, well now this is a IMO much greater problem. What's the point of cookies if I have to to keep logging back in several times a day?

Please remove the logout on different IP connection. It's awful.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
So just now, I returned to RFD after having logged around 6:00 AM. This time it said I was already logged in but it also had the pink banner and the notice about it being my first visit. So I had to log out and then log back in to REALLY be logged in. Although I had logged in just 3 hours before, unread threads were appearing until around 6:00 AM yesterday.

This is the problem. There is a ton of activity here every minute/hour/day. Keeping up to date on the items I'm interested in takes an investment in time. But when you have to log out and then log back in and then you're presented with a long list of threads that are irrelevant, it makes the time commitment much worse. Other people have the opposite issue in that threads are marked read after a certain time expires even when they are not.

Furthermore, there is too much activity to select "View new posts" as it very quickly reaches the 250 post limit so you miss too much unless you return every half hour - something most of us can't do.

I realize that the logging issue has resulted in the read marked threads issue but that is a solution that hasn't worked. Having to Log in regularly is much less of a hassle than viewing incorrect signals coming from the thread markers. Please undo what was done about 2 weeks ago regarding thread cookies.
Phils
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
I'm getting logged out multiple times a day now
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
I'm also getting logged out every couple days. This is a recent change, as in the past I used to stay logged in for weeks or months.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: I'm also getting logged out every couple days. This is a recent change, as in the past I used to stay logged in for weeks or months.
I am getting logged out multiple times a day now. it use to be only every few days. something changed, and it is much worse
Jan 28, 2010
396 posts
290 upvotes
GTA
Just wondering, is this actually being looked in to? It was brought up over a month ago....
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I got logged out today for the first time in a long time.

No browser change, no cookie cleanup, etc.
- casual gastronomist -
May 18, 2006
952 posts
401 upvotes
pm2gonzales wrote: Just wondering, is this actually being looked in to? It was brought up over a month ago....
Came to ask the same thing. More communication with the community would be appreciated.
Apr 12, 2008
753 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
Jucius Maximus wrote: I got logged out today for the first time in a long time.

No browser change, no cookie cleanup, etc.
Me too. The month of May was pretty much logout/in free, but as of June I'm logged out each day.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2261 posts
764 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
In the last couple of weeks I went from being logged out once or twice per week to once a day on each of my device :(
May 18, 2006
952 posts
401 upvotes
Admin last posted a month and a half ago. Would really like to disable the nonsensical new IP logout function ivr never seen anywhere but this forum.