• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2015 8:27 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2004
1120 posts
85 upvotes
to make things worst, there are periods of time where I cannot login. A few hours later I can....what is going on?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
Hoping this is going to be fixed soon. I often have to login again when I switch from mobile to desktop (even if I am on my wifi on mobile). I'll often click on a thread response in my email, my browser will take me to the end of the thread with me logged in for just a moment, then the site will log me out and the site randomly moves me to some odd place in the thread several pages back.

I was just browsing on my laptop. No issues, when all of a sudden I was logged out. Not sure why this is happening so often as it doesn't happen on any other site I visit, but it is certainly an annoyance. There are a few times I've been about to make a response and I've been logged out so haven't bothered.

Please fix this.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just happened to me, wouldn't even let me log back in, when I tried to reset my password, it said it couldn't connect to YellowID yet I got the emails, first 3 didn't work, cleared my cookies, tried again and was able to login and change my password the 4th time, I suspect there's something funky with this SSO implementation (Forum+Site+FB+YellowID)
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12143 posts
2762 upvotes
Guelph
Daijoubu wrote: Just happened to me, wouldn't even let me log back in, when I tried to reset my password, it said it couldn't connect to YellowID yet I got the emails, first 3 didn't work, cleared my cookies, tried again and was able to login and change my password the 4th time, I suspect there's something funky with this SSO implementation (Forum+Site+FB+YellowID)
Same thing with me but I didnt do a pw reset. After about 15 minutes, I could log in again. I bet it would have been the same for you.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
3749 posts
849 upvotes
Come on RFD how many times a day do I have to login to the forum?
This is absurd.
Please fix it.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4128 posts
946 upvotes
Sask.
Yes, I have an old computer.
Yes, I'm not particularly tech-savvy.
Yes, more recently this is happening more often because my puter crashes a few times a day lately.

However, this is the only forum for which I have to log back in every time. No others have this problem, I am kept signed in.
What makes RFD different?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
Update:

The fix we've been working on has finally been pushed to the site and the logging out issue should now be resolved. We've been monitoring this for the past 24 hours and so far everything looks good. A big thank you to the dev team who have done a great job fixing this problem.

If anyone happens to get logged out automatically from here on out please let us know.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
Tom does this mean that read threads will be marked as we go now?
Phils
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9537 posts
3186 upvotes
I see someone else mentoned shockwave crashes on chrome up thread. Never had tha before but today getting it a number of times on rfd only
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
Tom,

I just have to say that the last couple of days have been the smoothest at RFD for me in at least 6 months. Thx for paying attention.
Phils
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6834 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
Good here so far after a week!
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
Threads are still not marked as viewed so I still have to manually mark forums red.
Phils
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4128 posts
946 upvotes
Sask.
Thanks so much - it's totally such a difference to not have to log in again and again during the day.
Now, I have to work on what's up with our computer or programs that it keeps crashing...
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4128 posts
946 upvotes
Sask.
Well, it was nice while it lasted, yesterday and today have to keep logging back in.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1109 posts
120 upvotes
Burlington
There's a first time for everything: I just got logged out!

As it's the first time for me since this mess started happening for others, I won't complain... much... ;) :D
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4128 posts
946 upvotes
Sask.
Very glad that it's back that I don't have to keep logging in - hoping it stays for longer this time, thanks!

Added - Well, that lasted four days. I'll just deal with whatever happens from now on.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)