Expired Hot Deals

[SkipTheDishes] $5 off SkipTheDishes NO minimum !!!! Delivery only!

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2019 12:52 am
Feb 3, 2012
9 posts
9 upvotes
WATERLOO
RolandCouch wrote:
May 25th, 2019 2:20 pm
Someone in another thread mentioned that Skip drivers can now see how much you are tipping before they accept or reject to deliver your order.
Yes they can see the amount before accepting your order.
Sep 16, 2011
176 posts
156 upvotes
Lethbridge
Did CHERRYPICK just expire? It accepted it at first but then the app froze when processing. Tried to re-order and the code stopped working.

Edt: GAME6IX worked.
Jan 12, 2018
49 posts
6 upvotes
It says voucher does not exist? Am I missing something?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1015 posts
618 upvotes
British Columbia
Skipthedishes for lunch with that code from yesterday and now dinner also with 5 dollars off. I actually used both codes here -- seperated my order into 2 orders over 20 dollars so free delivery. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Jun 18, 2016
195 posts
444 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Someone in another thread mentioned that Skip drivers can now see how much you are tipping before they accept or reject to deliver your order.
Source? If this is true I'm never using Skip again. Tips should be for good service, not to ensure I get my food without saliva in it.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2932 posts
2356 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
MooseV2 wrote:
May 25th, 2019 8:55 pm
Source? If this is true I'm never using Skip again. Tips should be for good service, not to ensure I get my food without saliva in it.
I assumed this was always the case because the text below the tip box said something like "a generous tip will attract drivers."
Aug 1, 2010
739 posts
427 upvotes
Wish Skip allowed you to tip post order like Uber Eats. Don't see the logic in tipping before I've received service
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1294 posts
5023 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
MooseV2 wrote:
May 25th, 2019 8:55 pm

Nikhilvoid wrote:
May 25th, 2019 9:04 pm
I assumed this was always the case because the text below the tip box said something like "a generous tip will attract drivers."
Have done some part time delivery for Skip, Uber Eats, and Foodora - all show the tip up front.

As a delivery person you get paid an amount based on the distance between the restaurant and person + their tip. If a person tips nothing that "job" (order) will pay out very little and most drivers will decline the job, resulting in you either waiting forever for a driver to accept your order (50+ minute wait), or a shitty delivery person accepting your order and others and picking up/delivering them all at once, again making you wait longer.

If you're a crappy tipper don't bother with these apps because you'll have a poor experience more often than not.

Example (not my screenshot):

Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12106 posts
2345 upvotes
Markham
Leverage wrote:
May 25th, 2019 11:26 pm
Have done some part time delivery for Skip, Uber Eats, and Foodora - all show the tip up front.

As a delivery person you get paid an amount based on the distance between the restaurant and person + their tip. If a person tips nothing that "job" (order) will pay out very little and most drivers will decline the job, resulting in you either waiting forever for a driver to accept your order (50+ minute wait), or a shitty delivery person accepting your order and others and picking up/delivering them all at once, again making you wait longer.

If you're a crappy tipper don't bother with these apps because you'll have a poor experience more often than not.

Example (not my screenshot):

Wow didn't realize Eats was the same. Thanks for letting us know.

Not a fan of this as if you get crap service you've already pretipped
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1294 posts
5023 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
May 25th, 2019 11:37 pm
Wow didn't realize Eats was the same. Thanks for letting us know.

Not a fan of this as if you get crap service you've already pretipped
Absolutely. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The approach I take as a customer is add a tip up front, but if the service is horrible then start a live chat after you've received your order and ask for your tip to be revoked. I've only had to do this twice - once they agreed and returned my tip, and the other time they refunded the whole order (that was Uber... deep pockets)
Oct 20, 2013
149 posts
69 upvotes
Tipping, in general, has always been a terrible part of western culture. Tipping prior to services or having it be mandatory is just dumb and has now become the equivalent of a "convenience fee".

Anyway, basically got free delivery. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2932 posts
2356 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Tipping sucks but it's still a vital source of income for a lot of people employed in the service and gig economy professions, so, unless you're working to increase the minimum wage or something, please always consider tipping, even if the service sucks.
Squall21 wrote:
May 26th, 2019 12:28 am
Tipping, in general, has always been a terrible part of western culture. Tipping prior to services or having it be mandatory is just dumb and has now become the equivalent of a "convenience fee".

Anyway, basically got free delivery. Thanks OP!
I mean, tipping has its roots in slavery, so...

https://www.motherjones.com/environment ... an-forked/
The origin of the word is unclear—one theory says “tip” is shorthand for “to insure promptness”; another suggests it’s from 17th-century thief slang meaning “to give.” In any case, European aristocrats popularized the habit of slipping gratuities to their hosts’ servants, and by the mid-1800s rich Americans, hoping to flaunt their European sophistication, had brought the practice home.

Restaurants and rail operators, notably Pullman, embraced tipping primarily, Jayaraman says, because it enabled them to save money by hiring newly freed slaves to work for tips alone. Plenty of Americans frowned upon the practice, and a union-led movement begat bans on tipping in several states.