• Nov 8th, 2018 5:32 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
2886 posts
2204 upvotes
Toronto
Arky33 wrote:
May 25th, 2018 4:34 pm
I'm getting so confused over food delivery businesses. Is SkipTheDishes the new "standard"? I remember JustEat from a few years back, is this service gone or is it simply running in parallel? I'm just not sure what app to look at anymore when I want to order something.
uber eats is more like the standard but skip the dishes has a lot of nice places as well but having mcdonalds delivery on uber is pretty big.
Nov 20, 2017
45 posts
43 upvotes
cPadfoot wrote:
May 25th, 2018 5:31 pm
Sorry, what's the period trick?
Add a period anywhere in your email when "signing up again" and the offer will come in to your same email.

Gmail sees "johnson@gmail.com" and "john.son@gmail.com" as the same address ("j.o.h.n.s.o.n@gmail.com, etc....) , and will send them to the same place. Not all email providers do, so if the programmers for the service haven't included an exception for gmail emails, then you can "sign up" as many times as you can find creative ways to insert periods into your email.

Hope that helps.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1841 posts
387 upvotes
Gatineau
skipthesidhes in my area always over charge than directly ordering from the restaurant, while justeat has a same price guarantee that guarantees you dont overpay
Jun 19, 2011
104 posts
124 upvotes
WINNIPEG
This is either not true or the restaurant is lying to Skip. Skip = Just Eat, and they have the same restrictions in that restaurants are not allowed to increase their prices from what they show on their menus.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1850 posts
1474 upvotes
Calgary
dnyc wrote:
May 25th, 2018 4:52 pm
ITSSPRING15 10 off 25. New account only. Period trick in Gmail works.
Thanks for this one too!
Jul 28, 2008
761 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
From my experience many restaurants will have inflated food prices regardless of the delivery service; for example a local restaurant's dine-in/regular take-out price for a pasta dish is roughly $16, but on Skipthedishes/UberEats it's over $20.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1841 posts
387 upvotes
Gatineau
jdougie wrote:
May 26th, 2018 10:01 am
This is either not true or the restaurant is lying to Skip. Skip = Just Eat, and they have the same restrictions in that restaurants are not allowed to increase their prices from what they show on their menus.
i checked both and everything is inflated by $1 on skipthedishes. I didnt make this up. Justeat has a price promise but I dont think skipthedishes does. Yes I know they are the same parent company but this is just my personal experience.

https://www.just-eat.ca/pricepromise
Oct 26, 2015
547 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto,ON
Always double check, skip dishes have inflated prices
I try to buy smart but end up Penny wise Pound Foolish :(
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2564 posts
641 upvotes
Vaughan
dnyc wrote:
May 25th, 2018 4:52 pm
ITSSPRING15 10 off 25. New account only. Period trick in Gmail works.
Thanks! Any idea when this one expires?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1912 posts
266 upvotes
Calgary
cloakster wrote:
May 26th, 2018 1:48 pm
Thanks! Any idea when this one expires?
No idea.. there’s itsspring10 as well. I think its the same discount. Normally I use this 7 off 20 one that seems to to work all the time. It’s a referral link I think so I won’t post here. Just google skipthedishes coupon.
Jun 19, 2011
104 posts
124 upvotes
WINNIPEG
kwanyeung20 wrote:
May 26th, 2018 1:21 pm
i checked both and everything is inflated by $1 on skipthedishes. I didnt make this up. Justeat has a price promise but I dont think skipthedishes does. Yes I know they are the same parent company but this is just my personal experience.

https://www.just-eat.ca/pricepromise
That's very interesting. Skip doesn't specifically call it out to customers like the link you provided, but they make it very clear to restaurants when they sign up that they are not allowed to markup prices. If you mention that to skip the restaurant would definitely receive a call.
Oct 11, 2016
181 posts
75 upvotes
Why do my orders keep getting cancelled? The payment goes through then the restaurant confirmation part falls through.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1841 posts
387 upvotes
Gatineau
jdougie wrote:
May 26th, 2018 2:50 pm
That's very interesting. Skip doesn't specifically call it out to customers like the link you provided, but they make it very clear to restaurants when they sign up that they are not allowed to markup prices. If you mention that to skip the restaurant would definitely receive a call.
eh but then maybe they will just not sign up for skipthedishes eventually Face With Tears Of Joy with the coupon im still ahead so i will just go whoever has the coupon available.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)