Ongoing Deal Discussion

SkipTheDishes - Coupons Codes and Discounts

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2019 9:10 pm
Member
User avatar
Sep 1, 2006
379 posts
83 upvotes
BC, Canada
BobSagget wrote:
Aug 10th, 2018 11:20 am
$7 off $15 or higher orders - MARATHON

New accounts only and probably delivery only.
Used this yesterday, thanks. (new account & delivery)
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1608 posts
393 upvotes
Toronto
kp2018 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 11:26 pm
I think 5 or 6. I figured I would keep using the codes until they put a block on it. Back to justeat, I guess...
Just heard on the radio that skip the dishes and just eat are the same company now
Sr. Member
Jan 17, 2009
906 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 2:53 pm
Just heard on the radio that skip the dishes and just eat are the same company now
Skip bought JustEat (or the other way around can't remember) but yeah they're the same company now.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16506 posts
22485 upvotes
ONTARIO
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 2:53 pm
Just heard on the radio that skip the dishes and just eat are the same company now
Just-Eat bought SkipTheDishes back in 2016 for $200 Million. So they've been the same company for a while now.
Weird they are talking about it on the radio now though.

Just-Eat is a lot larger company than you'd expect. They are actually a UK owned company that operate basically all over the world. So they definitely had the money to just scoop up Skip and make sure there wasn't any competition.

That being said, I am glad they have mostly left Skip alone, despite acquiring it. Between the two here in Canada, Skip is easily superior.
Just-Eat only has like 10-15 restaurants where I live, yet on Skip there are 100+ to choose from.
Not to mention the constant discounts on Skip.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
6043 posts
31306 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2018 5:24 pm
SUMMER and CHILLOUT verified to be working. $10 off $25+ orders. New accounts only.

Anyone know of any other working $10 or higher codes? Good to list them all in case individual ones stop working.
Not working anymore
Cellphones: Rogers, Telus, Koodo, Freedom, Public Mobile Special Deals

Shaw Internet 300 = $50/month + $250 credits
Telus Internet 150 = $55/months + $400 credits + Pik tv
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16506 posts
22485 upvotes
ONTARIO
Thatdealguy wrote:
Aug 29th, 2018 12:54 pm
Not working anymore
That's a shame!

Hopefully some more codes can be found by Friday (when I will probably order dinner again lol).
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16506 posts
22485 upvotes
ONTARIO
So far the only $10 off I've found still working is ORDERIN10 and it requires a $40 minimum :(

Its not as good as $10 off, but ORDERIN7 still works too. This code is $7 off $15+
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
1932 posts
453 upvotes
Gatineau
o well i guess i will just order less food since some restaurants require only $20 minimum. $7 off $20 is 35% off and $10 off $25 is 40% off so still not 2 bad. If you can manage to find a restaurant that can do free delivery above $15 then the $7 off is actually better assuming you are ordering minimum threshold.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16506 posts
22485 upvotes
ONTARIO
No luck finding any $10 off $25+ codes lately.

I did find 2 more $7 off $15+ though.

PRIDE - $7 off $15+
EDMONTON - $7 off $15+
Newbie
User avatar
Jun 25, 2018
17 posts
8 upvotes
GTA
kooltilltheen wrote:
May 26th, 2018 6:38 pm
You're wrong...the 7 dollar referral code works - just need a "fake" email to sign up...can use same name, address, card, etc - doesn't matter

Not sure why skip won't fix this since this trick won't work with any other food delivery service but hey i ain't complaining

p.s. in fairness, by not fixing it, they are getting way more business from me (and i'm sure many others) than they would otherwise
Figured I would contribute my relevant experience -- this info is wrong. I have experienced the "too many accounts" ban.

I began placing orders using different email addresses, generally changing my name and phone number (but not always). One day I place an order and it goes through, but I'm waiting on confirmation from the restaurant. A few minutes pass -- "Your order has been cancelled by the restaurant."

So, I'm wondering what's up and chat with support. They said they were investigating and a few minutes replied with (something along the lines of) "There are too many accounts under the same name and Skipthedishes automatically cancelled the order." I was like kthxbai and peaced out of there. My SO has been using his "legitimate" account to order ever since.

The worst part is, I have no clue how exactly they caught on. It's not the address (or IP) cause I live with my SO and our address is the same. The only way to find out if you're "banned" is to place an order, pay, and THEN have it get cancelled (and wait 10 business days for a refund...). Skip doesn't seem to like offering coupons to existing customers but we still use it, however it's not as easy to justify without abusing the system (unfortunately).
Last edited by akk447 on Aug 31st, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sr. Member
Mar 31, 2017
640 posts
261 upvotes
Vancouver
akk447 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2018 7:56 pm
Figured I would contribute my relevant experience -- this info is wrong. I have experienced the "too many accounts" ban.

I began placing orders using different email addresses, generally changing my name and phone number (but not always). One day I place an order and it goes through, but I'm waiting on confirmation from the restaurant. A few minutes pass -- "Your order has been cancelled by the restaurant."

So, I'm wondering what's up and chat with support. They said they were investigating and a few minutes replied with (something along the lines of) "There are too many accounts under the same name and Skipthedishes automatically cancelled the order." I was like kthxbai and peaced out of there. My SO has been using his "legitimate" account to order ever since.

The worst part is, I have no clue how exactly they caught on. It's not the address, cause I live with my SO and our address is the same. The only way to find out if you're "banned" is to place an order, pay, and THEN have it get cancelled (and wait 10 business days for a refund...). Skip doesn't seem to like offering coupons to existing customers but we still use it, however it's not as easy to justify without abusing the system (unfortunately).
I've ordered about 50 times from skip using a fake email everytime (only kept the name and phone number same plus used same card). Yet to be banned
Newbie
User avatar
Jun 25, 2018
17 posts
8 upvotes
GTA
kooltilltheen wrote:
Aug 31st, 2018 7:59 pm
I've ordered about 50 times from skip using a fake email everytime (only kept the name and phone number same plus used same card). Yet to be banned
Well, that's awesome! Use it as much as you can. I wonder if it really is the name that matters most, because it's possible I didn't change it entirely on some accounts. Yet, I know I did for that order... Well, just wanted to shine some light on my experience because this info isn't easy to come across on Google (lol).

*Edit: It's been a long day, you said you used the same name so my logic doesn't make sense. I'm lost about how they figured it out. I think I'll just test the waters again next time around, f it.
Member
User avatar
Oct 26, 2016
249 posts
84 upvotes
akk447 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2018 8:07 pm
Well, that's awesome! Use it as much as you can. I wonder if it really is the name that matters most, because it's possible I didn't change it entirely on some accounts. Yet, I know I did for that order... Well, just wanted to shine some light on my experience because this info isn't easy to come across on Google (lol).

*Edit: It's been a long day, you said you used the same name so my logic doesn't make sense. I'm lost about how they figured it out. I think I'll just test the waters again next time around, f it.
Approx. how many times did you order signing up for new accounts?

I have so far signed up 7-8 times so far with no issues, but if they are going to ban the account, I rather start using a legitimate account as I use skip the dishes quite often due to convenience.
Sr. Member
Oct 12, 2016
639 posts
179 upvotes
Good restaurants in Scarborough to use skipthedishes???
like silver spoon,la sani grills,paramount fine foods???
Can we ask courier guy for code??
Any idea like how much they r getting??
Newbie
User avatar
Jun 25, 2018
17 posts
8 upvotes
GTA
d0m056 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2018 12:26 pm
Approx. how many times did you order signing up for new accounts?

I have so far signed up 7-8 times so far with no issues, but if they are going to ban the account, I rather start using a legitimate account as I use skip the dishes quite often due to convenience.
Hard to say for certain, but probably in the ballpark of 8-10 orders. I placed about 5 from my normal emails and then found out you could modify the same email (by adding periods between certain letters) and it was on one of these that they caught on from. So, could be that they saw the emails were similar and pieced that together, but once again, not really sure.

If that's true, my normal account might be totally good to go (because the email is entirely unique from the fakes), but I won't know unless I test out ordering from it.

Top